Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hi chuen_noe,

You may consider Brandt FE 811XS1, below are the spec. :)

• Class A Energy Efficiency

• 52 Litres

• Ergonomic Knobs control

• Multifunction

• Activemail Interior

• Ventilated Door

• Wire Side Racks

• 2 Safety Crid Racks

• 1 Large Drip Tray - 20mm

6 Cooking Modes:

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Fan Assisted Crill

• Pulsed Oven Shelf

• Crill

• Special Poultry

Or Bosch HBN 331E2J ( 52 litres , 5 cooking programs )

Or Electrolux EOB 305 X ( 66 litres )

:) Above are some models i find quite good :)

KM

Dear KM,

Am so thankful I found this thread~ love to bake tho not very good at it.

For my new hse, I want to install a nice oven and this seems like a good recommendation!

hmm.. does this have the self cleaning panels? What's the difference between catalytic or pyrolytic type ovens?

.. also, why and how do we pre-heat the oven? sorry for asking so many questions - am really noob when it comes to electronics! lol :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Sazeryn ;

is quite a good buy and the usual price in the pass is $599.00 , so now going for $450 nett ? Does it included delivery and install as they do some times add in :(

But overall is a good buy :)

KM

they include delivery.. and installation as well.. since u mentioned its a good buy.. will grab it at once..

Thanks alot!!!

they include delivery.. and installation as well.. since u mentioned its a good buy.. will grab it at once..

Thanks alot!!!

Remember to pre heat the Oven once install at your cabinet ,as it will prevent it from tripping the house . Do it once a month .

Happy baking :)

KM

Dear KM,

Am so thankful I found this thread~ love to bake tho not very good at it.

For my new hse, I want to install a nice oven and this seems like a good recommendation!

hmm.. does this have the self cleaning panels? What's the difference between catalytic or pyrolytic type ovens?

.. also, why and how do we pre-heat the oven? sorry for asking so many questions - am really noob when it comes to electronics! lol :D

Catalytic is self clean panels inside the oven and it will absorb the oil while grilling , it will min. the cleaning of the oven as the bottom part you will need to clean . And as time past , you may need to change the panels when it start to drips oil down .

Pyrolytic is that it will burn or heat up the oven at a certian high Temp. and it will burn the oil into ashes and after abt an hour or 2 ( depends the oven program and the settings you set ) you just have to swept out the ashes .

Pro and Cons :) One there's cost incurr and the other waste electricity :(

As for Pre Heat the oven , mostly ppl use Top and Bottom Heat with Turbo Fan . It need to do this once a month as it will prevents the oven from tripping as theres moisture in the element as Kitchen surrounding is hot and at night is cool so moisture may form . +++ Note once install also must heat up the oven as brand new , there's a smell , it has to burn away the smell first .

KM

Remember to pre heat the Oven once install at your cabinet ,as it will prevent it from tripping the house . Do it once a month .

Happy baking :)

KM

I saw your list of items you wanted to purchase . As for front load washer , you may consider Samsung Front load 8 KG ( Harvey Norman having offer )

Usual Price : $999

Now promotion : $799

Free D. Camera

KM

Hi Camo ,

greetings :)

Yes , i just got update that Smeg have a 60 litres and Electrolux too have that capacity :) Can consider these 2 brands :) Are you planning for replacement , if yes , need to measure the inner cabinet dim. as now the oven size varys .

cheers

KM

thanks KM. just saw someone posted electrulux warehouse sales. hope that they'll have built in oven for sales.

Edited by camo

Kitchen Matters, you didn't see my msg for you ah?

----------------------

Kitchen Matters, you reading this?

I went in to Teka showroom on Sat just when the shop was closing. But the helpful lady still answered to some of our queries anyway. I asked about pyrolytic ovens, which she told me Teka don't sell anymore. Then she said pyrolytic ovens waste energy as it's required to on the oven at very high heat for 1 hour to clean the over. moreover, cleaning is still required even with pyrolytic oven, so she said why waste the money to get them since you still have to clean the ovens.

i just want to confirm if she's right. if she is, then i will look for normal ovens. please advise.

------------------------

Kitchen Matters, you didn't see my msg for you ah?

----------------------

Kitchen Matters, you reading this?

I went in to Teka showroom on Sat just when the shop was closing. But the helpful lady still answered to some of our queries anyway. I asked about pyrolytic ovens, which she told me Teka don't sell anymore. Then she said pyrolytic ovens waste energy as it's required to on the oven at very high heat for 1 hour to clean the over. moreover, cleaning is still required even with pyrolytic oven, so she said why waste the money to get them since you still have to clean the ovens.

i just want to confirm if she's right. if she is, then i will look for normal ovens. please advise.

------------------------

Hi merydith, KM has already replied to your post. See post #303 :)

Hi KM,

Other than Bosch HBC36D753B which is a combi of oven and a steamer? What other brands have this configurations? Cannot seem to find any?

My choice for this oven is more of space saving as it will take up more space if I got a separate oven and a steam oven. I think it sure cannot beat those that just serve only 1 purpose. I believe works the same for washing machine and the dryer. Though I also known such combi 2 in 1 exist for washing machine.

What is ur opinion on this options? Oven and steam oven?

thks

Hi KM,

Other than Bosch HBC36D753B which is a combi of oven and a steamer? What other brands have this configurations? Cannot seem to find any?

My choice for this oven is more of space saving as it will take up more space if I got a separate oven and a steam oven. I think it sure cannot beat those that just serve only 1 purpose. I believe works the same for washing machine and the dryer. Though I also known such combi 2 in 1 exist for washing machine.

What is ur opinion on this options? Oven and steam oven?

thks

Hi Bennzi ;

You may consider Gaggenau . They do have it , the model are BS 280/281 and BS 270/271 .

STEAM OVEN

Steam oven claim that their not only reduce cooking time, but also lower the fat content of food. Dry heat cooking tends to rely on added fat to keep meats from drying out. With steam, meat needs no supplementary fat, and will definitely not be dry because of the constant injections of steam. Steam cooking also retains more vitamins than other cooking methods and is therefore touted as a far healthier way of preparing foods

BUILT IN OVEN

As for Oven frequent complaint of cooks with radiant ovens is that bottoms of foods get scorched, while tops are not browned evenly. This is because the temperature is not the same over the course of the cooking time, as well as over the volume of the oven cavity. Convection ovens correct this variation by using a fan that blows the hot air throughout the oven. A "true" or "European" convection oven goes one step further by adding a third heating element. Thus, the fan actually blows pre-heated air, rather than distributing the already-heated air. These are the most expensive and effective types of ovens.

Cooking with a convection oven requires some adjustments, but proves much easier and more rewarding in the long run. Because the heated air transfers heat more efficiently to cooking containers and exposed food surfaces, food will take less time to cook. Most recipes can be cooked for 25% shorter time, which ends up saving energy. Also, you might need to slightly lower the temperature at which food cooks on a trial and error basis.

You'll notice that convection ovens seal in the juices of meat so dishes taste more flavorful and moist. Baked goods, such as pies or cookies, will be perfectly browned, even if you place them on different racks. Pastry will come out better, too, because the heat doesn't fuse flour and butter, but allows it to form flakes. When you're using multiple racks, the food itself won't interfere with the heat that reaches other foods. For all these reasons, convection ovens are no longer reserved for high-end restaurants, but increasingly find themselves in the renovated kitchens of amateur cooks

Can consider two 45cm ( oven and steam oven ) Can built it on top of each other . As some ppl will have concern that after grilling , the inner cavity will be dirty and hard to clean and the smell will be there as it may effect the next food that you may want to steam .

KM

Hi Bennzi ;

You may consider Gaggenau . They do have it , the model are BS 280/281 and BS 270/271 .

STEAM OVEN

Steam oven claim that their not only reduce cooking time, but also lower the fat content of food. Dry heat cooking tends to rely on added fat to keep meats from drying out. With steam, meat needs no supplementary fat, and will definitely not be dry because of the constant injections of steam. Steam cooking also retains more vitamins than other cooking methods and is therefore touted as a far healthier way of preparing foods

BUILT IN OVEN

As for Oven frequent complaint of cooks with radiant ovens is that bottoms of foods get scorched, while tops are not browned evenly. This is because the temperature is not the same over the course of the cooking time, as well as over the volume of the oven cavity. Convection ovens correct this variation by using a fan that blows the hot air throughout the oven. A "true" or "European" convection oven goes one step further by adding a third heating element. Thus, the fan actually blows pre-heated air, rather than distributing the already-heated air. These are the most expensive and effective types of ovens.

Cooking with a convection oven requires some adjustments, but proves much easier and more rewarding in the long run. Because the heated air transfers heat more efficiently to cooking containers and exposed food surfaces, food will take less time to cook. Most recipes can be cooked for 25% shorter time, which ends up saving energy. Also, you might need to slightly lower the temperature at which food cooks on a trial and error basis.

You'll notice that convection ovens seal in the juices of meat so dishes taste more flavorful and moist. Baked goods, such as pies or cookies, will be perfectly browned, even if you place them on different racks. Pastry will come out better, too, because the heat doesn't fuse flour and butter, but allows it to form flakes. When you're using multiple racks, the food itself won't interfere with the heat that reaches other foods. For all these reasons, convection ovens are no longer reserved for high-end restaurants, but increasingly find themselves in the renovated kitchens of amateur cooks

Can consider two 45cm ( oven and steam oven ) Can built it on top of each other . As some ppl will have concern that after grilling , the inner cavity will be dirty and hard to clean and the smell will be there as it may effect the next food that you may want to steam .

KM

Hi KM,

Thanks so much for the explainations, Gaggenau is way out of my league :(

Based on your last statement, your preferences will be to get oven and steam oven separately? Not advisable to get the 2 in 1 type? Why is that so?

For Oven/Steam oven I am looking at only Bosch, Brandt and Ariston. Which do you think has that size (45cm) you mentioned?

Thanks so much

hi KM,

can check with you, after the built-in oven is slotted into the tall unit, is there anything to support it from coming out or it should be free moving (ie it can be moved forward and backward by using some strength)??

TIA