Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Dear KM,

Am thinking of getting Brandt FE811XS1, is it good for baking cakes and cookies? Read that for cakes, it is better to get those with the function top and bottom heating element with fan... is it the same as traditional pulsed function under this model?

Brandt catalogue

Am reading the catalogue and there is not a single mention of which function is good for cakes :(

thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Melodyfloss ;

sorry for the late reply .

Below are some pointers ;

Brandt FP867XS1 Retail at $1899.00

Multi suction / Auto program / cool Door / Full Glass Door / Turnspit / New Danish Design and Wire Rack / 54 litres / 2 large drip tray ( 45mm& 20mm and 2 safetly grids rack and the cool door and the glass of the oven can be remove / Comes with 9 cooking program and 6 Auto programs :)

+++ I find this model quite complete as it has all the programs that a person need and for the cleaning is qute easy . GOOD Buy :)

Brandt FE811XS1 retail at $899.00

Multi Function Oven / Knob control / Temp. recom / Cut off timer / New Danish design / 2 glass door / 6 cooking programs / 1 large tray (20mm) / 2 rack ( for baking of multi rack - cookies / 52 litres

Brandt FC842XS1 Retail at $1399.00

Multi function / Catalytic ( self clean panels = it will absob the oil while grilling and it will min. the cleaning of the inner of the oven . ) / 6 cooking program / Full glass inner door / +++ 45cm drip tray to hold the oil while grilling and you may place some carrots , potatos , onions on it while grilling and all the favour of the oil will drip down . But remember to place an alumnium foil on the tray :)

Brandy ME 655XG retail at $1599.00

Comi Oven & Microwave Built In / 12 auto program / 40 litres / Elec Spped Deforst .

+++ 2 in 1 is good in space saving and all in one but if you do some grilling and after which you want to defrost , you will need to clean inside first and sometimes the smell will be there . And if one spoilt , the other cant be use as sometimes supplier need to bring back to service . Like wat i suggest that 2 in 1 is good but if possible try to avoid it :)

+++ All the 3 oven you suggest is from a basic to middle to high end . All got it Pros and Cons . Sometime a basic oven can do wonders ( Just image in the past , those oven comes with 3 program and without turbo fan , but they make the best food )

If you notice that each model is $500 difference between each model ( 3 ovens ) :)

If the price is right , can consider Brandt FE811XS1 as it have all the cooking programs it needed and beside the $$$ difference , you will notice that ithe difference between them are the extra cooking programs ( Which you may not use ) / self clean panels ( some ppls say is good to have but how often you grill ? and is it in large portion ? with self clean panels we also have to clean :) lastly the higher end model comes with complete features but you may not use all asyou may end up using the basic 3 cooking programs = Tradition pulsed ( top and bottom with Fan cookies chicken ) / Tradtional ( Top and bottom for cakes , meat ) / Grill ( Top heat for grilling of chicken )

Is only that after grilling you will have to clean the inner oven but even those self clean oven we will also clean it once a while right :) that humans :) And you can save up the rest of your burget $$$ to purchase other products :)

sorry for the late reply

KM

Dear KM

I'm like others too, going to buy a built-in oven BUT dun know which types R good & BETTER. I've learnt d baking classes on & off 4d past 1yr. Alr bought KitchenAid mixer KM150 a yr ago & now is d time to buy an oven HOPEFULLY with EASY functions for baking cakes, grilling chicken, buns & bread, pizza.

If HDB Exe Flat that allowing 15amp oven, then I wd like to shortlisted the following Pyrolitic ovens :-

* Brandt FP867sx1 ($1550) - 4 layers door (54L with 9 cooking programmes)

* Ariston OS99 DP Ix ($1680) itally made - 3 layers door (70L Open Space with 10 cooking programmes)

The sales girl fr H/N advised me to take Bosch HBA23B550J (3 glass door) as she said that's d ONLY type of oven that can use in HDB with 13amp & this oven made in Germany. Besides, this BASIC oven does NOT required any changing of the panels as it use ECO cleaning. What is "ECO cleaning" ??? This Bosch only comes with FAN, TOP & BOTTOM, BOTTOM, GRILL with FAN, GRILL.

Do I really needs to make sure that d oven i'm lookg must have d functions of "Top & Bottom heats with Fan" ?

What is this function for ? Brandt comes with TOP & BOTTOM heats with FAN (Traditional Pulse) but Ariston, I'm NOT sure if it's also with this function.

Cld U highlighted if U were to buy, which 1 will U choose & Y ? (ignoring abt d price as I'm OK with $1.8k budget but just wanted to get an oven that last for yrs of use with GD functions !) Preferred Pyro oven not bcoz for grilling now but mayb in future ! Moreover, Brandt catalytic oven required d change of d panels ($150) every 3yrs. In that case, must as well get an oven that does not required further change & with MORE functions ! Most importantly, MUST b EASY use for ppl like me (not so good in baking yet).

Wd appreciate yr advice !

Hi Berry10.

Greetings

You may consider TekaHA 900 , Smeg , Ariston MB 91.2 IX .

And for the heating element, actually i heard outside those selling spare parts do sell it . I check with my friend as he purchase once before .

KM

Hi KM

I am considering a Teka oven. Is it any good?

Mookie

hi km

saw that everyone seems to be asking for your opinion.

just wanna know if it's advisable to get a glass hob?

personally my new house is getting an optic white cooking hob from turbo. and i got it because it's easy to clean and looks nice. not much cooking will be done at the home, the most just simple boiling of water or cooking maggie mee.

thanks!

Hi KM,

My MIL bought us a microwave cum oven many moons (maybe 10 yrs, forgot already) ago! The 1st time I tried using the oven function, there was a lot of smoke (smell like chao tah) coming out! I almost freaked out and quickly turned off the machine. Didn't want to use it again. I thought maybe the smoke is caused by the oil splattering inside when I microwave my food.

Few years later, I tried using the oven function again. This time, I wiped the inside first. STILL got smoke! So never never used it the 3rd time. Still stick to my conventional built-in oven & table top oven (Yes, occupy a lot of table space!) when I do baking.

Any idea why and how to get rid of the smoke?

Thanks!

thought long and hard.... deliberating between Bosch HBN331E2J and Brandt FE811XS1....

in terms of function Brandt is the winner... clear cut functions and dummy proof... made in France, but cost $140 more with 1 year warranty....

Bosch made in don't know where (different Bosch promoter tells me different country, Korea, Turkey, blah blah blah, Bosch don't train their sales staff, haha), functions similar to Brandt but Bosch gave them fantastic nomenclatures that confuses even their own sales staff... But at $140 cheaper and with 2years warranty.... I bought Bosch...

hmmm. i think it's a little too late to change my order.

the optic white glass hob just arrived as they are doing up my kitchen. so pretty.

maybe i should read around more for more information first before buying anything now. :)

Hi, just wondering, for my new place we're using gas tank. if i'm putting m built in oven below my hob, and the gas tank is next to it (seperated by wood partition) would it pose any danger? attempted to get a pyro oven but the thot of it going to 500 degree and my gas tank not too far away make me having a 2nd thot. anyone having this arrangement right now? TIA.

Hi, just wondering, for my new place we're using gas tank. if i'm putting m built in oven below my hob, and the gas tank is next to it (seperated by wood partition) would it pose any danger? attempted to get a pyro oven but the thot of it going to 500 degree and my gas tank not too far away make me having a 2nd thot. anyone having this arrangement right now? TIA.

I supposed that U R referring to HDB flat. If Yes, take note of Pyro Oven uses 15amp / 16amp. As such, U got 2 make sure NO sharing of line orelse, might cause elec trip off !

I've d similar worried as yrs & in d end, I bought a custom-made heavy duty 3 level stainless steel table (L100cm x D60cm x H90cm) at $360 nett. Next, order a base cabinet for my oven & will b boxed up upon d delivery & then place on top of d stainless steel table ($170 all done by Parasik). Thereafter, will call an electrician to draw a new line fr the circuit box for this my Brandt oven.

BTW, do chk d price properly coz prices might varied few hundred bucks !

I got it at $1650 nett for my Brandt Pyro FP867 while Rinnai Elec sells at retail price of $1899.

Miele oven is good... or so I heard. ;)

Got food probe, telescopic shelves and accurate temperature. Besides the pyrolytic cleaning function, its interior and pans have this "Perfect Clean" surface which supposedly makes it really easy to clean. Cost around $8000 when I last checked in June. If you ever buy, please post your review. :)

Their steam oven starts from $2000+ I think.

De Dietrich, Gaggenau & Miele R d premium band. If U R affordable with Hi-end products, shd go 4 it as they R excellent in roasting & grilling esp in giving U d uniq taste ! At d moment, I cld only able to get Brandt Pyro FP867 with rotissirie & just got it last Fri :)

May I ask where did you buy your Brandt oven from?

I get really confused after all the comparison, I don't really know what I want. I don't want to spend too much as I am not really a serious baker and also have to watch my weight sort of person, can't be baking all the time. Oven is more for grilling and roasting actually.

I went to Ban Kim Chuan today and they don't have any ovens on display. So where do you guys see all the ovens you want and then make the decision? Is it all done online or what?

Super confused now.

May I ask where did you buy your Brandt oven from?

I get really confused after all the comparison, I don't really know what I want. I don't want to spend too much as I am not really a serious baker and also have to watch my weight sort of person, can't be baking all the time. Oven is more for grilling and roasting actually.

I went to Ban Kim Chuan today and they don't have any ovens on display. So where do you guys see all the ovens you want and then make the decision? Is it all done online or what?

Super confused now.

U can go Rinnai Electrical Shop at Shaw Ctr (#05-02/03 Tel : 6737 4531) 2 see DD, Miele, Bosch & Brandt ovens. Harvey Norman Millenia Walk or CentrePoint (same bldg with Robinson) also have different ranges of ovens to see. However, those who R lookg for a GOOD Mid-Range oven will usually look for Bosch (German made; using 3D Hot Air) or Brandt (France made; Top & Bottom Heat with Fan) as they R fr d same factory. My recent checked on d prices :

Bosch (2 or 3 layers glass door); 2yrs warranty.

HBA23B550J (the only 13amp most suitable for HDB) - Retailed at $1299

HBA43B450A Catalytic (16amp) - Retailed Price $1449 [ 5 cooking functions only ]

HBA56B550A Catalytic (16amp) - Retailed Price $2199 [10 cooking functions ]. Bosch catalytic using Eco cleaning & thr4, do not required change of panels.

HBA78B750 Pyrolytic (16amp) - Retailed Price $2949 [ 13 cooking functions ]

Bradt 16amp (old series start with 6 while new series with 8; heard that most functions quite similar). Brandt only 1yr warranty.

FP867 replacing FP667; 9 cooking modes; Multifunctions Plus with EASY-COOK. Though Retailed at $1899 but U shd b able to get FP667 at $1.5k for old series (grill w/o rotisserie).

FP842 Catalytic retailed at 1399 but the panels need to change every 2-3 yrs ($150+) depending how often U perform grilling. 7 cooking modes

FP811 (Basic) - Mega sells at $840; 6 cooking modes

As long as U can find any items in any of d H/N branch, U can then call Luigi 9733 7654 of H/N to order. He gave a very special rate; I got my Brandt Pyro FP867 (Grilling with rotisserie ; 4 layers glass door) at $1650 nett. I chose bigger store bcoz I like the ext warranty & thr4, I bought 1+4yrs ext warranty fr H/V coz my maid will b using d oven. So, play safe, buy max warranty !

Ariston Openspace 70L; itally made (fr Mayers) Retailed at $1899 (15amp) but read thro' some forum's thread that their services after sales R really bad. Each time cost abt $200-$300 when their ovens trip ! Besides, too BIG spaces wd suitable for ppl who bakes a lot ! For me, it might coz MORE electricity of LARGER space when compact with others that usually only 52-58L.

Hope d abv infor cld help U !

Edited by CuteHoneyDew