Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Anyone buying a Bosch HBA43B450A? Went HN last weekend and the salesman told me this is the latest with the auto clean function, 5-years then need to change the insede panels, and best part is when grilling, the turbo fan will auto stop so as to not suck the oil and clog the fan. He claimed this is a new patent-pending design and no other brand has this feature.

I am considering this and wonder if there is more discount if got group purchase ?

Thanks for advice :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone buying a Bosch HBA43B450A? Went HN last weekend and the salesman told me this is the latest with the auto clean function, 5-years then need to change the insede panels, and best part is when grilling, the turbo fan will auto stop so as to not suck the oil and clog the fan. He claimed this is a new patent-pending design and no other brand has this feature.

I am considering this and wonder if there is more discount if got group purchase ?

Thanks for advice :)

Visited the Bosch showroom, and understand from them that this model has eco cleaning, similar to catalytic. From what i understand, catalytic would absorbed the oil, unlike the pyrolytic that is truly self cleaning. I was told no need to change the panels. But the thought of having the oil collected and reheated over repeatedly does not sound appealing or healthy to me.

Not sure about the auto stop turbo fan as I did not hear anything about it from the Bosch showroom staff.

Note that this model needs 16amp to run. I enquired some months back and the best quote is $1220 from GAB.

appreciate if someone can give me an idea how to abt installing an oven with 16amp in a hdb flat? thanks!

btw wat does GAB stand for? where is this shop located? thanks!

Edited by wayang80

appreciate if someone can give me an idea how to abt installing an oven with 16amp in a hdb flat? thanks!

btw wat does GAB stand for? where is this shop located? thanks!

best is to check with ur electrician. They can advice you better.

GAB is Goh Ah Bee, is at hougang. Google,u will find the add

Just went to HN warehouse sale today at Benoi Road: Disappointing... very limited stock and brands available, and the discount was measly. However, the good thing was BOsch's people were there so they were able to explain the ovens better.

I was advised that in order to use those ovens with power frequency 15A or above, one's house should have ideally 2 compressors. Otherwise, when the aircon and the oven are on together at the same time, either will trip and often, it's the oven.

Hi Livinstyle: The prolytic function burns away all the fat and grease accumulated and turn it into ash so after the cleaning session, just need to sweep the ash from the bottom of the oven. Thus, I think maybe should not be too unhealthy.

Cos of the 16A issue, now I got to change my choice of oven. Any suggestions? I read that many people are going for the Brandt FX842. Is it really good? Anyone tried Tecno or Rinnai's ovens?

I am planning to have the tall cabinet with build in oven install beside the refrigerator. Is the heat released from the oven can spoilt the fridge in long run? I was told fridge cannot be placed next to the stove because of the temp rise may spoilt the motor parts of fridge. What about build in oven?

Hi everybody,

finally went thru all 12 pages of this thread

could not seem to find the info I want

I am looking for an oven with steam function

something like Bosch HBC36D753B

however, does anybody know if there is one with same functions but bigger cavity??

any advise appreciated

thanks

Hi everybody,

however, does anybody know if there is one with same functions but bigger cavity??

any advise appreciated

thanks

Premium german brand Miele has a combi-steam oven, with the lastest moisture plus function. This is the website

http://www.miele.sg/sg/domestic/products/s...combi_16125.htm

Hi everybody,

any advise appreciated

thanks

Hi, do check out the Bosch showroom at jln pemipin. Had seen the combi oven, Thats the only 1 combi and only size available.

I was having the same thoughts as you but 45cm for an oven is too small. In the end i settled for 2 oven instead of one.

I was advised that in order to use those ovens with power frequency 15A or above, one's house should have ideally 2 compressors. Otherwise, when the aircon and the oven are on together at the same time, either will trip and often, it's the oven.

Hi Livinstyle: The prolytic function burns away all the fat and grease accumulated and turn it into ash so after the cleaning session, just need to sweep the ash from the bottom of the oven. Thus, I think maybe should not be too unhealthy.

Hi Noko, the issue bothering me is meant for the catalytic oven as the oil is absorbed into the panels. For myself, I would settle for prolytic oven albeit the higher price tag.

What do you mean by 2 compressors? Or do you mean isolators? My higher AMP wires for oven is run directly from the mains. And there are separate isolators for each of the aircon compressors.

I am planning to have the tall cabinet with build in oven install beside the refrigerator. Is the heat released from the oven can spoilt the fridge in long run? I was told fridge cannot be placed next to the stove because of the temp rise may spoilt the motor parts of fridge. What about build in oven?

If you have noticed, the built-in ovens will already have ventilation outlets catered for in the built-in cabinets. The positioning of oven next to the fridge is a common setup in western kitchens, so I guess should be ok. Except that the fridge would have to work harder to maintain its cool temperature when the external temperature rise.

Premium german brand Miele has a combi-steam oven, with the lastest moisture plus function. This is the website

http://www.miele.sg/sg/domestic/products/s...combi_16125.htm

Thanks.. seems only slightly larger at 39L

no pricing though I see something like US$3,000 being mentioned..

Hi, do check out the Bosch showroom at jln pemipin. Had seen the combi oven, Thats the only 1 combi and only size available.

I was having the same thoughts as you but 45cm for an oven is too small. In the end i settled for 2 oven instead of one.

which 2 did you settle for??

i am thinking of the Brandt FE811XS1 / FV800XS1 combo

the price of both combined is about the same as the Bosch HBC36D753B

Thanks.. seems only slightly larger at 39L

no pricing though I see something like US$3,000 being mentioned..

which 2 did you settle for??

i am thinking of the Brandt FE811XS1 / FV800XS1 combo

the price of both combined is about the same as the Bosch HBC36D753B

Hi, I settled for FV800XS1 and FP867XS1. after much considerations. price for both ard $3k+

its much better to buy separate as compared to the combi unless its space constraint.

Hi,

I am new to the forum. :sport-smiley-018:

Anyone got comments on Brandt or bosch built-in ovens? I need a good one for baking cakes and cookies.

Thanks!

I have bosch for myself, i love it!