Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Anyone has tried Brandt hob, hood and oven??

I have been quoted at everjoint electrical at the price of $1699 for

Hob (TG1273X) + Hood (AT1490) + Oven (FE1011XS)

Anyone has tried before and have comments for it. Do let me know.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all, i am kind of worried now or it might be something which i am over sensitive to.

My oven is installed in the tall cabinet and all my wires and pipe were hidden direcly behind the oven. What is worst is the electrical wire behind my oven were not in trunking but loose and this is to make the installation of the cabinet easier.

I am worried that the heat of the oven will cause an issue to the loose wire or worst melt the casing. SHould i ask my electrical to at least put the wire which are directly behind the oven into trunking?

Looking for a conventional and steam combination built in oven.

Anyone know which brands and model are there in the market ?

Btw, is Bosch a better brand compare to Brandt for built in oven ?

Just went to Hoe Kee today and the sales person was sharing the Bosch oven features to us.

Based on my own research on the internet and what she was sharing, I think Bosch has more advance technology in the market.

Have you guys seen the post on Brandt Singapore FB ?  https://www.facebook.com/BrandtSingapore/ Very horrible customer service, I have drop Brandt from my consideration.

Since I am looking for a Steam and Conventional combined Oven, I think the choices are limited at the moment.  Looking at the HSG636ES1, price at $4599 but I am getting Hood and Hob together so can get some more discount.

Will be checking out TEKA, anyone has any experience with TEKA ?

• Like 1

On 2/25/2016 at 2:42 PM, Spidy25 said:

Just went to Hoe Kee today and the sales person was sharing the Bosch oven features to us.

Based on my own research on the internet and what she was sharing, I think Bosch has more advance technology in the market.

Have you guys seen the post on Brandt Singapore FB ?  https://www.facebook.com/BrandtSingapore/ Very horrible customer service, I have drop Brandt from my consideration.

Since I am looking for a Steam and Conventional combined Oven, I think the choices are limited at the moment.  Looking at the HSG636ES1, price at $4599 but I am getting Hood and Hob together so can get some more discount.

Will be checking out TEKA, anyone has any experience with TEKA ?

I have been using Teka appliances for almost one year and it is still working relatively well for me! 

The hydroclean function of its multifunction ovens is amazing.

Hubby and I went to Experience Centre to see Bosch ovens and also UE Square to see Teka ovens as I'm more inclined towards either one of these 2. I must say in comparison, Bosch is kinda overpriced with the basic of their higher end range starting from $2799 and it's only partial eco-clean. Was more impressed with Teka with their full hydroclean models starting from $1750 and the saleslady told me next weekend there is going to be a store wide 20% discount for Teka appliances which makes it even more worth it. Now I'm thinking of getting the hob and hood from Teka as well.

Anyone has experience using Teka products and can advise please?

Hi, my oven is Electrolux EOB 31002X.

When buying this oven several years ago, I didn't pay much attention on its grill element, which has two wires, but recently I've noted only the inside wire turns red when I select the grill program, while the outside wire still remains black. I'm wondering if that's normal or if the grill element of my oven no longer works properly.

Can someone here help explain to me please? Thank you in advance & hope to get a feedback soon.

Regards,

xuan

Just to share my experience with built in oven. Firstly, I need to state that I use the oven pretty much daily for baking, grilling and even warming up food( as I find that microwave warming seem to give a different taste to the food). I used to have my oven built in but discovered that the cabinet wood starts to warped after a few years. Was told this is due to the heat generated by the oven. Second problem I find is that when I need to replace my oven, I need to find one that fits the dimension else I have to spend $$ redoing the cabinet :( Since then, I have moved to standalone oven.  

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. Currently, i'm looking for a BOTTOM unit built-in oven for my new kitchen. Hope to get an oven cost me less than $700 and can baking, grilling & roasting.

I never use built-in oven before. So I'm super new to oven. :)

Hope anyone can give me some suggestion and recommendation. Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

Hi All,

New to this forum but looking at getting new appliances for our new place. One of them is a combi oven:-

Bosch Serie | 8 Combi-steam oven HSG636ES1, Stainless steel
http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/products/cooking-baking/steam-appliances/steam-ovens/HSG636ES1.html

Anyone uses this model? When I when to HN to look at it the sales person advise me not to purchase a combi oven but rather get a conventional oven and steam oven separately. The only benefit is that should one spoilt the other one still can be use. Would really love to hear you guys thought of that. Buying separate would cost more.

Thanks and cheers for now.

Edited by drstrangelove

On 9/8/2016 at 0:35 PM, marieloh said:

I think Turbo has some Mid-Autumn Festival special on ovens. Featuring their  TFM and TFV series oven. 

For those out there looking to get built in oven can check it out!

how much roughly???