Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi everybody, i don't know if you guz are talking about microwave oven or conventional oven, anyway, here's my feedback.

i hv already bought a La Germania standing cooker cum oven. some ppl says its old pattern, no gd etc. etc. but i like it coz of the following reasons...

1) the hob is concealed type. from many experienced aunties' advice, conceal type is better if you cook alot becoz soups or cook stuffs may overflow and drip onto the hobs. and it may be difficult to clean if your hob is those that are exposed types. you can easily scoop up or wipe away any thing that is deposited there due to cooking, or any other dirt.

exposed type may allow cook stuffs and other dirt to drip or drop into the hob through the holes.

concealed type: after you remove all the removable parts of the cooking top, there is a welded in cup sort of pattern. this is the concealed type.

exposed type: after you remove all the removable parts of the cooking top, there are exposed holes. many sellers will tell you got holes are better coz fire burn better, can control the fire volume (eg. there may be 3 rings of fire, eg. big, medium or small whereby big = 3 rings of fire activated, medium = 2 rings of fire activated - the outer and middle ring, small = 1 centre small ring of fire activated)

2) the oven generally can cook up quite a few dishes and the functions are sufficient enough for novice cookers. for professional cook, you may want a separate oven type from Bosch, Electrolux, Brandt, De Dietrich or Miele which have more functions but price may range from S$3K onwards!:thumbs up:

3) thirdly, i got it for a price of S$1238 for the big stainless one, with a free cleaning stick during the promotion at citygas gallery.

and hopefully, i am able to use it to make kuehs, cakes, and many other dishes...

You may want to read up the threads below on one of the forumer's comment on oven.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1188663249

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1158332820

"Bosch ovens are good but expensive. brandt offers value for money. electrolux isnt that too bad but just that the price jump between models is like brandt also jump very high. de dietrich is best bet but prices also wah seh.. miele is fantastic too but price-- killer.ariston --- err nay i will give it a skip, indesit not even in my shortlist"

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3008

hope the above helps ppl here who want to buy oven and hob.

you can go to the following showrooms, ask alot of questions, touch and feel before making any decision:

- citygas, got nicely displayed sets of many type of hobs, hoods, ovens, heaters etc.

- best denki

- harvey norman

- safe

- hoe kee hq at no. 8 genting lane

anybody want to add on...?

Try not to get those build-in oven lor.

I will prefer those conventional oven now.

Hi raincole,

Why not build in?? I am thinking of getting Brandt build-in oven? Please advise. Thanks.

i guess all the same if u dun use it very often..

at the end of the day, i guess the question to ask is usage.

if frequency of usage high, makes sense to buy better ones

Can anyone update their finding on build-in oven?? We will need to place order for the oven by this week, but I still cannot decide on the brand and model. We are considering between aerogas & brandt steam oven.

Aerogas is offer me a digital type at less than $700, & we find it affordable. But I would love to own the brandt steam oven as seem very convenient and good after reading the spec on a magazine. But it will cost me 1.5K at least.

Any suggestions or comments on other brands will be appreciated.

I Have use the Ariston FB 51.2 IX and loved it but have to leave it to the new owners when we sell our house. It serves all our purpose so most likely will get the same for our new house. It's affordable but not sure if it serves your functions. Mayer now having sales for this model think cost $629.

Hi

Am quite interested to do some baking/roasting, especially with my new plc, i hope i can do more of them :dunno:

I more or less read thru this thread, noticed quite a few brands like Brandt, Bellari being mentioned

I still need some help.. which are the common features to look out for in an oven? Self-cleaning oven and what else? My first time buyin a built-in oven.. can someone share with me what's the price range like for a mid-range Bellari or Brandt?

Thanks in advance

If you are getting the oven for aesthetic reasons or light cooking like once a year before CNY a static (or convection, or electric) oven is suitable for cost reasons. A static oven is sufficient to cook up a wide selection of yummy recipes.

If you are serious about doing some cooking every week or every month, a mult-function (not turbo-fan : do not buy this. It that does not have top and bottom elements) would be better to give yourself more cooking options.

The difference should be between $80-100.

The Indesit 51.BIX is a good buy. In is made by Ariston Albacina factory. Go for it.

In order not to have frequent breakdowns on your oven, turn on all the heating elements once a month to highest power setting for 20 minutes at least if you did not do any cooking that month. This will evacuate any moisture in the element. It moisture sets in the elements, you will see a completed power trip on you ELCB when you turn on the oven. Time to call the technician.

I will be glad to answer any further question you have about ovens.

How about EF brand? i came across a multi function built in oven by this brand. its 57 litres. the model is EFO 8570 TNSS

is this good? offer price at $710

Hi

Am quite interested to do some baking/roasting, especially with my new plc, i hope i can do more of them :(

I more or less read thru this thread, noticed quite a few brands like Brandt, Bellari being mentioned

I still need some help.. which are the common features to look out for in an oven? Self-cleaning oven and what else? My first time buyin a built-in oven.. can someone share with me what's the price range like for a mid-range Bellari or Brandt?

Thanks in advance

It's also my first time to buy a built in oven but been using a portable oven for almost 2 years now. I do alot of baking...you can see it here in my blog...Initially I'm interested in Brandt but it's way over my budget :seeya: . Their oven costs from 799-1,699. I'm considering Cuizino or Rinnai. I'm also curious about Bellari but I still don't know what the price range for their ovens :bangwall: .