Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wuga98

Stile

it may not be appropriate to list the psf here but i found the quality and the price somewhat cheaper than some shops we went to. We got the Ariston and the siez is 900x900. Included in the price is dry lay and also coating of sealant.

Hi Wuga98:

Great that you have a good experience with Stile. For me... i will rather die than EVER to step or buy anything from this place again!!!

First i feel being ripe off by Stile... especially the drylay.... as never really bought marbles before so with all the good logical reasons of paying for a drylay, i go for it... kena pay 25% biger rather than just almost my exact floor area... then also kena given all sub-graded slates... diff tone, water mark, broken lines....

Told them to change after the dry lay but when i pay then i realise they are charging me with 25% extra stales but the edge stales many which is defective!!! I explain to him that i would expect all complete stock to be at least ok slates rather than all the edge stales being somewhat defective after he try to persuade me that the side (edge) slates will be trimmed off afterall.... BUT WTF then why i pay n have to drylay the sides with full sizing 800x800 slates???

Didnt want to be too "Neaw" (stingy) i prompty ask the salesman to change for me trusting he would do it! and he agree to exsure that this is done!

Delivery day: arrange morning 9-10am delivery. As my main con has to arrange for his labor... i called & SMS at least 5 times 3 days ahead of the delivery day. Gues what???

only 5pm they reach! thats after like 8 calls! no return call despite many sms etc! WTF again... (Sigh)

After my reno guys are moving the 800x800 heavy slates up... notice many cracked slates... immediately call to warn my Stiles sales man that it is not acceptable & i will call him at the end of the tiling for exchange, he agreed... BUT what is this about since all the agreement??? sigh yet again...

In total 21 piece out of 90... somewhat defective....

Arrange for exchange!!! Again late... this time another 4 hours from am yet again till 4pm... i smell the exchange stock being trucked in... sigh... my poor workers waited whole day then kena callup for other work site n got to complete the transfer up #10 till 11pm!!! reminded sales person to check all my details including slates sizes....

Shock 3!!! Tiler morning came tiling the remaining....

OMG... 800x800 ordered..... delivery 850 x850.....

Call n F&^$%# the sales person especially initially when he refused to be responsible n arrange this time for manpower for a 2nd exchange....

Finally got to arrange for his manpower to pick up the slates and waited for 1 week to cut back to 800x800...

FINAL

Delivery finally made and for the last n one time.... phewww no major heart attack except that appointment from 1-3pm... i only smell the truck almost 4!!!

Anyway finally I manage to end my dealing from this unprofessional and bad service company that i would implore any fellow forum bro to take a separate judgement before you consider buying anything from STILE... & take protective measures... I pay in full upon request before the delivery... sigh...

:curse::curse::curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow looks like you have been put out to dry. My experience is not all perfect, during the dry lay, we reject 4 batches of it. We waited for almost 2 months for the new slabs to arrive. They showed us the pic of the slabs before it went into the container and we told the sales guy that if the actual is going to be different, we would like to have a full refund.

When the actual finally arrived, we went down for the 5th dry lay and we spent quite a few hrs doing the book match and also replacing some of the marbles. I took pictures and also video of the book match to insure they don;t slip me something that is not mine or agreed upon when we leave the place for them to apply the sealant and also crate it. Before we left, i slip the supervisor of a bunch of workers some beer money and tell him not to pull a fast one on me.

We did not have an issue coordinating the delivery though but when the marble arrives they are a few pieces that i do not recognized and spoke to the sales person to have it change which we did not take after all but he gave us a CN instead, as i bought some extra pieces which i use instead as replacement.

The thing about marble which we come across quite frequently when we were sourcing for it is are that marble being natural stone, it will have these defects, color tonation, water markings etc.... which we understand but the idea of book match is to be able to get to a minimal in terms of all these limitations.

What they did not advise me when we chose the white marble are the spotting, it happened when it was first laid but have somewhat stopped. These spotting are rust surfacing. Gave me a lot of grief until i found a product that helped me take these out.

If you ask me if i would buy anything in the future from them, probably not.

Hi Wuga98:

Great that you have a good experience with Stile. For me... i will rather die than EVER to step or buy anything from this place again!!!

First i feel being ripe off by Stile... especially the drylay.... as never really bought marbles before so with all the good logical reasons of paying for a drylay, i go for it... kena pay 25% biger rather than just almost my exact floor area... then also kena given all sub-graded slates... diff tone, water mark, broken lines....

Told them to change after the dry lay but when i pay then i realise they are charging me with 25% extra stales but the edge stales many which is defective!!! I explain to him that i would expect all complete stock to be at least ok slates rather than all the edge stales being somewhat defective after he try to persuade me that the side (edge) slates will be trimmed off afterall.... BUT WTF then why i pay n have to drylay the sides with full sizing 800x800 slates???

Didnt want to be too "Neaw" (stingy) i prompty ask the salesman to change for me trusting he would do it! and he agree to exsure that this is done!

Delivery day: arrange morning 9-10am delivery. As my main con has to arrange for his labor... i called & SMS at least 5 times 3 days ahead of the delivery day. Gues what???

only 5pm they reach! thats after like 8 calls! no return call despite many sms etc! WTF again... (Sigh)

After my reno guys are moving the 800x800 heavy slates up... notice many cracked slates... immediately call to warn my Stiles sales man that it is not acceptable & i will call him at the end of the tiling for exchange, he agreed... BUT what is this about since all the agreement??? sigh yet again...

In total 21 piece out of 90... somewhat defective....

Arrange for exchange!!! Again late... this time another 4 hours from am yet again till 4pm... i smell the exchange stock being trucked in... sigh... my poor workers waited whole day then kena callup for other work site n got to complete the transfer up #10 till 11pm!!! reminded sales person to check all my details including slates sizes....

Shock 3!!! Tiler morning came tiling the remaining....

OMG... 800x800 ordered..... delivery 850 x850.....

Call n F&^$%# the sales person especially initially when he refused to be responsible n arrange this time for manpower for a 2nd exchange....

Finally got to arrange for his manpower to pick up the slates and waited for 1 week to cut back to 800x800...

FINAL

Delivery finally made and for the last n one time.... phewww no major heart attack except that appointment from 1-3pm... i only smell the truck almost 4!!!

Anyway finally I manage to end my dealing from this unprofessional and bad service company that i would implore any fellow forum bro to take a separate judgement before you consider buying anything from STILE... & take protective measures... I pay in full upon request before the delivery... sigh...

:curse::curse::curse:

Stile? issit same as the one selling Silestone...also located at Builder's Centre?

Yes inDeed Ah Jane. Its the same as Builders Shop....In Changi South, Near Expo and u'll past by if u turn in from ECP into Tampines.

But to elaborate on my horrifying experience....

The next day after my last delivery for the relacement slades of Marbles.....

My horror is that the 20 over pieces of marbles ranges from 796mm to 802mm.... for my original 800x800mm order... sigh

:bangwall:

so good & supposely branded name/ company might not always be a Guarantee to your purchase!

8|

so far..2 forummers had their kitchen counter top made using Silestone and the reviews are good. None has floor tiles done by them thou.

i tot floor tiles are fixed size and packed in boxes when delivered..how come got wrong sizes?? think i will get normal fixed pre-cut size tiles for my kitchen ba..

so far..2 forummers had their kitchen counter top made using Silestone and the reviews are good. None has floor tiles done by them thou.

i tot floor tiles are fixed size and packed in boxes when delivered..how come got wrong sizes?? think i will get normal fixed pre-cut size tiles for my kitchen ba..

Marbles can be cut into ur require sizes from slabes. As a professional company specializing selling these stones, they have a special machine that cuts to sizes these stones then they pack them into crates...

Well can only say machines are operate by Man and seems like these "men" and this company has no standard lor!!!

wah seh, you really good leh. Did you measure this after they are layed? I had mine customized to 900 by 900 but i have no idea how many is not in this dimensions.

Maybe they have a tolerance to the actual size, if they fall out of it, i think you can bring this up to your sales for some discount, but usually CN.

:jawdrop:

Yes inDeed Ah Jane. Its the same as Builders Shop....In Changi South, Near Expo and u'll past by if u turn in from ECP into Tampines.

But to elaborate on my horrifying experience....

The next day after my last delivery for the relacement slades of Marbles.....

My horror is that the 20 over pieces of marbles ranges from 796mm to 802mm.... for my original 800x800mm order... sigh

:bangwall:

so good & supposely branded name/ company might not always be a Guarantee to your purchase!

8|

wah seh, you really good leh. Did you measure this after they are layed? I had mine customized to 900 by 900 but i have no idea how many is not in this dimensions.

Maybe they have a tolerance to the actual size, if they fall out of it, i think you can bring this up to your sales for some discount, but usually CN.

:jawdrop:

Hi Wuga98...

I didnt measure and noit so stingy la... It was discovered as my tiler tries to lay the stabes but many cant fit and align properly in straight lines la... quite off in alignment cos of the difference... in the end have to measure each n every piece in order to get suitable pieces (smaller or bigger) in order to get a straight line alignment....