Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Shabby-chic/colonial/eclectic/whatever Mishmash

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Whew! Finally moved in, still quite messy and doing DIY like putting up curtain rails/rods myself and with my dad's help.

Here are latest photos of the mishmash:

Son's room with all his barang-barang:

y6xt7l.jpg

My wardrobe with the hidden open hanging area at left:

y6xt7m.jpg

Study still littered with boxes of junk:

y6xt7n.jpg

The very sparse living room wall which I hope/dream of wallpapering and hanging a mirror onto:

y6xt7o.jpg

Another view, showing the lighting, curtains (and a lot of clutter!)

y6xt7p.jpg

C-shaped kitchen countertop - a multi-purpose breakfast/cooking/laundry room

y6xt7q.jpg

Edited by 312079

Congrats on moving in! :yamseng: Wow, lots of hanging lights there... haha if it's my place my HB will hit his head all the time. Your living room light is nice, it was a good buy.

Glad to see that you have achieved the look you have in mind, very cozy. Remember that I initially want a colonial/modern/local mix look for my place, in the end we realized that colonial look furniture were very hard to find or very expensive, so sort of gave up. Also cos we fell in love with an extendable italian dining table, so my place will just be contempory for now.

Thanks! Still working on the look. Yes, I also did the same as you - realised that suitable furniture would be costly - and decided to make do. My table is also extendable (4-8 ppl). Taking things one step at a time so I don't make big style errors. Besides, not easy to find things that go together. Still, better to slowly try little touches here & there than make do with things that are 'too safe' and thus bland, in my view.

Congrats on moving in!

in the end we realized that colonial look furniture were very hard to find or very expensive, so sort of gave up.

Also cos we fell in love with an extendable italian dining table,