Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xuan Zheng Chua

Window Films (privacy Or Solar)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
can apply film, but cannot be those reflective ones as it causes irritation to others when the sun shines on it :lol:

OIC - thanks! So if I want to paste until my windows black black is ok right? Hehe...

Haiz, HDB and its thousands of regulations...really quite irritating at times; somemore not confirm one, change all the time!

Several years back, my parents' old flat wanted to put sliding doors instead of lourves as they will air-con the whole unit, but not allowed. Then after one year, our neighbours got approval to put liao, HDB changed regulations. :lol::lol:8|

Buabua & company,

The latest info from HDB is that home owners are not allowed to place any form of reflective films outside the house as part of their regulations and it will also endangered the safety of the contractors installing those films as well.

I know that at Admiralty drive, there are some units along the corridoor are using the reflective films but just a gentle reminder, during the day time, no one can see into your unit which is correct but when it comes to night day time, you switch on your lights, everyone can look into your house.

I would still strongly recommend day & night curtains. If you want to past those anti-UV ray films / anti solar films, you can only paste it on the internal of the unit only.

Another gentle reminder is, all external grilles, the colour of your window frames & glass have to comply with HDB rules & regulations which is the original colour of the building window frames & glass, be it whether is sliding / casement.

The amendments happened cos' there was one home owner, went to HDB to make noise abt the windows that they intend to fixed and end up the HDB told that particular house owner, one for all, all for one rule which is to comply to the original colours tha is being installed at the blk.

Edited by joe_ling

i had solar film installed coz my room is getting the direct evening sun

Our master bedroom also faces the evening sun so I'm concerned with a very hot room after we come home from work! I would appreciate any good 'brands' of solar films to block out the sun/heat, the approx cost and where to get it from. Thanks!

Oh and I'd also be having curtains but that's more for keeping out the sun when I want to be lazy on weekends. Hehe.

Edited by ene