Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nipponho

Hbd Rubbish Chute

my ID wanted to charge me $300+ for the rubbish chute and I asked her if she was giving me a GOLD-PLATED rubbish chute. In the end, we bought one from the hardware shop for around $120 or was it $100 (cant recall) then got the worker (ID's workers) to fix up for us.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya.. less than 100 incl the frame .. installation i'm not very sure.. cos ID got it for me at that price and get the contractor to fix it while my flat was still renovating :notti:

here's a pix of my chute :notti:

750dc756.jpg

thats cheap. !!

Hi appie, so far no problem? Cockroach did not sneak in? Or spoil?

so far, I see none(Choy Choy!!) guess my weekly chute cleaning plays a part..

oh yes, my chute is actually stainless steel, just that i din't peel off the protector

Edited by appie

so far, I see none(Choy Choy!!) guess my weekly chute cleaning plays a part..

and yes, yy chute is actually stainless steel, just that i din't peel off the protector

Hi Appie, any idea where yr ID got it ??... looks good N most important cheap! :furious:

BTW the link which Appie sent says the chute is going for $99 NETT (with installation)

Anyone wants to seal up their garbage chutes? cos we want to place our sink at the garbage chute area, but the piping would make it impossible for the chute to open, and that chute is already giving us loads of cocroach problems.\

hdb say cannot seal up, so we thinking of using tape and maybe some other diy material to seal up ourselves.

Anyone wants to seal up their garbage chutes? cos we want to place our sink at the garbage chute area, but the piping would make it impossible for the chute to open, and that chute is already giving us loads of cocroach problems.\

hdb say cannot seal up, so we thinking of using tape and maybe some other diy material to seal up ourselves.

then where you gonna dispose your garbage? just throw outside window? :bow:

erm... take it downstairs to throw loh. and at the same time can sort out the recyclables and non-recyclables.

but this afternoon saw one sink that maybe wont block the garbage chute. so maybe still alright. ^_^

erm... take it downstairs to throw loh. and at the same time can sort out the recyclables and non-recyclables.

but this afternoon saw one sink that maybe wont block the garbage chute. so maybe still alright. ^_^

You mean something like that below? !!

DSC_0921.jpg

That was the original sink / chute installation when the previous owner bought the flat from the HDB, very practical, space-saving and functional. However, I decided to put our washer there and place the new kitchen sink somewhere else.

At first hesitated to change the old rubbish chute, so the ID changed it for us -- FOC. What a nice gesture!

DSC_7491.jpg

The new chute is stainless steel, has a rubber lining to shut out smell, and a locking device (supposed to prevent burglars from using the chute to enter the flat, as had happened before).

Edited by BlueFly

your ID good leh, most of them charge us $180 :notti: but no choice leh, i cant install myself sumore i guess it will be quite dirty..lolx

any feedback on the new chute? i am just very paranoid that lizard, ants, cockroaches will climb in as my new flat will be on 5th level. currently i am staying at 13th and all the chutes are at the lift there, so no problem

but this 1 got the lock device and rubber lining?

if i get them to install for me, will it be BEFORE or AFTER reno? sorry for such a nood qns :D

Babytan,

If you look at the photos posted earlier, you will see the new rubbish chute is very different (flat with wall) from the old chute (triangular, juts out).

Hence my ID had to hack out the old chute before he could install the new flat s/s chute:

Step 1: Hacking

DSC_4813.jpg

Step 2: Tiling the wall

DSC_4890.jpg

Step 3: New chute installed

DSC_5047.jpg

If you decide to install the new chute AFTER you have completed renovation, the installer has to be extra careful not to damage the newly tiled wall. If you want to source yr own chute, to minimize risk of damage ask yr ID to hack out the old chute first.

In hindsight I think my ID was right to hack out the old chute before I changed my mind! :D

PS : Try to negotiate the new chute FOC from yr ID (hint: try that with my ID lah). :unsure:

PSS: On my experience with the chute, so far so good as I hv not encountered any cockroaches, etc coming out of the new chute, though I am on the 3rd floor.

Edited by BlueFly

but this 1 got the lock device and rubber lining?

if i get them to install for me, will it be BEFORE or AFTER reno? sorry for such a nood qns :bow:

Guess should be BEFORE reno works start. Not sure if it comes with lock and lining. Please update us here if you enquire with them. I've not started my reno yet but this is one source i'm exploring since all reno quoted me $180 for the chute... that's like 200% of the price! Furthermore its easy to co-ordinate for simple matters like this. The current wall where the chute is has no tiles... and i'm glad cos i don't like tile. Prefer to keep it simple.

Bluefly--> once again thanks for the picture :) my concern too if change the chute after reno cos mine will have tiles too..by looking, i think we cant change BEFORE reno as the outer lining of the chute seems to be covering part of the tiles wor.. maybe i can arrange for the chute to be change BEFORE reno but problem is that they may scratch the chute when tiling or hacking...if i were to tell ID that i am getting others to do the chute, then some co-ordination will be required on my part..

aiya, hint to ID ah..they will give you FOC for this but others charged more expensive..back to square 1..lolz

GoalHome--> thought of something too, webby stated $99 nett including installation right? how about dismantling the old 1? never tot of that too until husband remind me :)

my conclusion--> want to save $ this will become my problem..pay $ to other, let them settle the problem.. :jammin:

PS: not meaning that i doesnt want to save $ but simple thing like rubbish chute also so mafan :dunno: