Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nipponho

Hbd Rubbish Chute

Called them up to enquire, and this is what i understand...

$99 nett inclusive of item, dismantling and installation. For HDB original chutes (those ugly 45degrees type, no need alteration). If alteration is required to fit, extra $30. Yes, it comes with self-locking device and rubber lining.

Edited by GoalHome

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Called them up to enquire, and this is what i understand...

$99 nett inclusive of item, dismantling and installation. For HDB original chutes (those ugly 45degrees type, no need alteration). If alteration is required to fit, extra $30. Yes, it comes with self-locking device and rubber lining.

thanks for the clarification..let me think think..can save $80 bucks leh!! :unsure:

thanks to bluefly & goalhome, my ID charged me $260 !!

i told him $99nett can get liao, his eyes big big, he said cost price $100 liao..told him i can give him the website and tel no..

suddenly he gave me FOC lor :dunno:

thanks to bluefly & goalhome, my ID charged me $260 :dunno:

i told him $99nett can get liao, his eyes big big, he said cost price $100 liao..told him i can give him the website and tel no..

suddenly he gave me FOC lor 8|

that is good news! !!

flat owners are so jaded with over-charging by ids and contractors that we all thought the prices quoted by them are "normal" -- until we found out from others we were "ko-tok".

in fact, i asked the bangla worker how much he was paid when he hacked the wall of my bedroom. He said $25 for the 2-hr work. :(

Do you know how much the contractor quoted in my contract? $400 for hacking that wall !!! i didn't know better, coz most of the quotes i had sought earlier ranged from $250-500!!

So if the id give you something FOC it is already provided for in their contract lah.

Sure, the middleman probably took his cut too, so in the end it is the flat owner like you and I who pays everyone along the line...

Wise up everybody, unless flat owners exchange info and do their part, we have no one to blame but get fleeced right, left, center.

good for you, babytan!

Edited by BlueFly

hahhahah ya lor we like carrot leh

this is a place to share info to one and other, so we reduce the risk of being carrot!! the $ saved can be for alot more purposes! thanks to those who took time to take photos and contribute. really appreciate :dancingqueen:

eh better we can hire the bangala ourself hor..kekeke

Edited by babytan

yeah me too..digging super old thread but same topic..

question is, can we seal off the rubbish chute?

I am currently looking to buy a 3rm resale flat, but is very particular and scared to having pests at home. I recalled my first home (with the chute inside the house) is infested with cockroaches, cockroaches eggs, etc all coming from the chute. sometimes i open the chute i can spot one climbing inside or on the rim.

i know most 3rm resale flats are old, and hardly will there be those with a central chute area (if there is please let me know!)

so question would be can we seal off completely the rubbish chute?

any other alternatives to this? if die die get one like this I am not intending to use the chute at all.

hi all, I am also looking for a contractor to replace my parent's flat chute as it is now damaged (too loose)

does anyone has a contact?

thanks!

check with your parent respective town council.

They do has a list of handyman service.

I've a brand new stainless steel rubbish chute with protector sticker in box to let go.
-Made from 1.2mm Grade B.A 304 Stainless Steel
-100% air-tight seal to stop foul smell and water seepage
- Mirror finishing for classy look.

Bought at $150 in February 2015 but letting go at $100. Interested, please email icy3172@gmail.com

Brand New Steeless Steel Rubbish Chute

Edited by IcyWang

Hi, 

Posting to warn fellow renotalk friends on rubbish chute installation.

There are some Contractors that would just apply bonding glue to secure the rubbish chute to the wall. It would not last Long before the chute falls off.

My dad got it replace and less than a year it falls off. I notice there are 4 holes on the side of the bin. They are there for fastening the bin to wall. This contractor skip this step.

I manage to find a new contractor to replace it. According to him, screws to secure  the bin is standard HDB practice.

Please beware and make sure the contractor do not skip the screws.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, jollyjoy said:

Hi, 

Posting to warn fellow renotalk friends on rubbish chute installation.

There are some Contractors that would just apply bonding glue to secure the rubbish chute to the wall. It would not last Long before the chute falls off.

My dad got it replace and less than a year it falls off. I notice there are 4 holes on the side of the bin. They are there for fastening the bin to wall. This contractor skip this step.

I manage to find a new contractor to replace it. According to him, screws to secure  the bin is standard HDB practice.

Please beware and make sure the contractor do not skip the screws.

Hi Jollyjoy, may I have more information with regards to your experience in this?