Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

indo? hmm K told me that they onli use burmese parquet! btw which is better and how we know they r using the correct "country" as wat they promised.

Huh...? Burmese is better, according to the one i've contacted. Can I know how much yours was quoted (with area)? Or can pm me if it's not convenient to post here? To a noobie like me on parquet who can even get it mixed up with engineered wood, i have no idea. :P

Off track - had anyone 'outsourced' any part of the works (found a cheaper alternative in this forum with good feedback) to someone else? I'm not sure how they will take it. :unsure: Having a headache on how to phrase it to them. :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

FYI

Just hear from Max and Steven, after 2 weeks all quotes will have to include GST

Current proposed quotes that are not sign not too sure the impact

Those who already sign up no impact

So you all might want to check with your ID about it. 7% of 30k is 2.1k , not a small amount

Guess this means they are going to be hitting 1million dollars turnover

Cheers

-Celest

1 mil turnover per yr = 30 jobs assuming average $30k per project. Not difficult to hit ma...

Anyway luckily I've signed already...

Thanks hobbes187 & kajua ! For the sequence of work... I will let my ID know to go ahead & select tiles first, let him match colors on the spot then view the design works. Quite happy that we'r finally taking commencing reno with idealhouse. :(

In my case, I had to top up quite a bit for the spillover tiles & carpentry required for bathroom & kitchen. However, our ID explained the constraints of package deal beforehand, so we were prepared to see the extra quotes. Frankly, Idealhouse did not provide the cheapest quote in our case, especially for items beyond their resale dream package. We decided to go with them cos hb was comfortable. Unfortunately, din get many freebies/ discounts from this chap leh.

My id also mentioned if i managed to get a cheaper alternative elsewhere, by all means, take that up. Hence, my electricals r gonna be sub-con to another electrician.

Hmm... had anyone negotiated for better payment terms (to us customers)? The current 10% dep, 40% before starting work, 40% after tiling, and 10% handover is quite not to our favor. Means 50% before they start? :P:dribble:

Hmm... had anyone negotiated for better payment terms (to us customers)? The current 10% dep, 40% before starting work, 40% after tiling, and 10% handover is quite not to our favor. Means 50% before they start? :P:dribble:

Think that is the norm. Almost all the quotes we got had the same condition 10% on signing, 40% before wet work 40% before carpentry, 10% on completion.

-Celest

Met with max last week...he said Sunday he can e-mail us the quotations...still no news from him till now :dribble: Maybe he's not interested in small projects :P

SMS him to remind him lor...

Thanks hobbes187 & kajua ! For the sequence of work... I will let my ID know to go ahead & select tiles first, let him match colors on the spot then view the design works. Quite happy that we'r finally taking commencing reno with idealhouse. :help:

In my case, I had to top up quite a bit for the spillover tiles & carpentry required for bathroom & kitchen. However, our ID explained the constraints of package deal beforehand, so we were prepared to see the extra quotes. Frankly, Idealhouse did not provide the cheapest quote in our case, especially for items beyond their resale dream package. We decided to go with them cos hb was comfortable. Unfortunately, din get many freebies/ discounts from this chap leh.

My id also mentioned if i managed to get a cheaper alternative elsewhere, by all means, take that up. Hence, my electricals r gonna be sub-con to another electrician.

okxygene, when u say "sub-con electricals to another electrician", do u mean u source ur own electrician or u r using what the ID recommended?

if the electrician is sourced by yourself, what r his charges like? Can PM me if not convenient to state here.

:)

1st post and such strong recommendation and undulated praise...when your reno not even completed

Hmmm... :sport-smiley-018:

!! I don't think it is a bad idea to share our experience with other forumer abt Peter. It doesnt matter whether reno done or not, afterall this is just my first post not my last post. As reno going on I believe I can share more things with you guys in the future.

Rgds,

J & J

:P I don't think it is a bad idea to share our experience with other forumer abt Peter. It doesnt matter whether reno done or not, afterall this is just my first post not my last post. As reno going on I believe I can share more things with you guys in the future.

Rgds,

J & J

No offence intended, but your post sounds like blatant advertising.

Any pics to show, or care to elaborate why you find this ID so fantastic?

I also got a quote from this ID, and it was far from Ideal (pun intended). It was the most expensive out of 5 quotes I compared. IMO, some of the items were even ridiculously high zz . This experience made me skeptical about the usefulness of online recomendations.

Finally, we closed the deal with Ideal House. Hope everything will go smoothly... :good::good:

Great! Who did u sign with and how much? Maybe can share what was in the quote.