Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Im using Steven from IdealHouse. So far, he has been rather responsive to our request and is on time or earlier for our appointments....

Workmanship wise - I wouldnt say its perfect, there are some hits and misses. You gained some, you lose some! But overall, its quite satisfactory.

I would say he has integrity! I have 2 incidents to share:

(1) The cabinet door above my hod & hood was shorter by 1 inch and when i informed him, he replied that he is aware of the error and he have already requested for new doors and will have them replaced the next day. That was 11 plus at night. He could have leave it as it is and if i never noticed it, he could have save the hassle of changing them...

(2) We have installed a tempered clear glass door for our kitchen entrance... and there was this small part that was chipped off and was covered with the plastic roll (the plastic that is used to cushion impact and cover up gaps) by this workers. And the chip was definitely above eye level and i could have missed it! But Steven was the one who informed us and mentioned that he will replace the door for us.

Good to see Steven is still responsive and his standards have not dropped :D :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, anybody can PM me a VERY GOOD ID from Idealhouse, and a rough quotation cost you got from the ID? Can somebody PM me Peter's contact, and maybe Steven?

Thanks!!

Been a silent reader here and decided to ask Ideal House for a quote after reading the good reviews here. Gone through some reviews of the quote and thought the process was going well initially. However, now we're not getting any replies from the ID. Just wanted to ask the forummers here if anyone knows what happened to Max?

hi all,

i decided to get a quote from Ideal House...the ID who replied my email

enquiry was Kevin Yap. Anyone used him? Do ideal house ID use hotmail accounts?

Kinda sceptical abit they dun have company email account..or is it a norm?

I received his quote based on my specs and requirements...came to abt 30k after 8% off..

mr yeak had quoted me ard 41k and impress21 at ard 43k...

soooo...has the era came whereby ID is cheaper than contractors??

fyi, the two contractors had complete quotes that i requested...

Ideal House one got shortage here and there...lets see how this goes.....

YNWA,

El Nino

hi all,

i decided to get a quote from Ideal House...the ID who replied my email

enquiry was Kevin Yap. Anyone used him? Do ideal house ID use hotmail accounts?

Kinda sceptical abit they dun have company email account..or is it a norm?

I received his quote based on my specs and requirements...came to abt 30k after 8% off..

mr yeak had quoted me ard 41k and impress21 at ard 43k...

soooo...has the era came whereby ID is cheaper than contractors??

fyi, the two contractors had complete quotes that i requested...

Ideal House one got shortage here and there...lets see how this goes.....

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi

I never use Kevin Yap..My ID is Kenneth. He used hotmail account to send me quotation previously also (if i rem correctly la)..

Maybe you want to ask Kevin to quote you the missing items that the other contractor quote. In ddition, make sure tha the material that they use are the same or so that you can make better comparisons among all three quotations

my 2 cents worth

Hi

Maybe you want to ask Kevin to quote you the missing items that the other contractor quote. In ddition, make sure tha the material that they use are the same or so that you can make better comparisons among all three quotations

my 2 cents worth

all the missing stuff has now been quoted...and its still cheaper than my cheapest quote by 5k!

and with all supposed materials that i want! :bangwall:

its human nature isnt it...? expensive, we complain want to chop ppl's money...

cheap also we complain and skeptical, why ah? why ah?...Lol

undecided still.... :unsure:

YNWA,

El Nino

all the missing stuff has now been quoted...and its still cheaper than my cheapest quote by 5k!

YNWA,

El Nino

"Cheap thing don’t come good. Good thing don't come cheap ....." But this is not always true.

When I bought my Pentax DSLR , everyone was telling me Y get such a cheap and not so popular brand . However behind the scene, this camera actually wins a lot of reward from Camera Magazine as the best value for money DSLR due to it performance.

So it’s really up to you if you want to take the risk :)

Just my 2 cents .

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi hi

It will be better if you ask around again la if you are so skeptical...When I ask Ideal House to quote, his was not the most expensive out of the three (forget whether it is the cheapest or not). However, during that time my hubby actually prefer Ideal House so we just choose this company la..Up to the time we handoover in end Jan, the final bill is actually 1k plus more than my quotation as I add on some works along the way.

I feel that a lot of things depends on your gut feeling la..if you think u can "click" with this ID, then u might want to choose him. I think that all renovation firms have trades that are cheap and trades that are expensive to acheive profit margin. SO far, even though there are still minor touch ups, I'm satisfied with my renovation experience as my ID is really try his best to cater for my "demands" (Imagine, even my mother say that I'm fussy. .sighs)

my 2 cents worth

actually, with the amount of our hard earned money put into reno works, we definitely have the right

to be fussy...of coz not to the extent where one become unreasonable and intolerable in their demands... 8|

other ppl also have to earn a living so its all abt achieving a fine line to suit all parties...

tough...but clicking with an ID/contractor would be the way to go if monetary wise, we are at a dead end...

YNWA,

El Nino

actually, with the amount of our hard earned money put into reno works, we definitely have the right

to be fussy...of coz not to the extent where one become unreasonable and intolerable in their demands... 8|

other ppl also have to earn a living so its all abt achieving a fine line to suit all parties...

tough...but clicking with an ID/contractor would be the way to go if monetary wise, we are at a dead end...

YNWA,

El Nino

unreasonable ar?dont think I'm so fussy till that extent la :P ..to me, if u can give me a gd explanation which i can accept..i would accept it lor...eg, a small chipped on the tile but i dont mind using white cement to touch up as recomended by the tiler since the tile is white and if i really insist to change, the whole sliding door got to dismantle, to me too much hassle..so forgo it.

to me, bargain so much also no use as the contractor will deduct for you but just add cost on another item. therefore, we never bargain also..as long as u can reach my expectation, u just tell me the price and i would just accept lor cos i also know they need to earn mah.....me a good "cai tou" to chop therefore maybe thats y i so far have no problems with the renovation work for my previous and existing hse.. :D

if u cant decide using monetary terms, maybe u want to decide on the "clicking"..imagine leh..u have to communicate wth the particular person nearly everyday..

to me, bargain so much also no use as the contractor will deduct for you but just add cost on another item. therefore, we never bargain also..as long as u can reach my expectation, u just tell me the price and i would just accept lor cos i also know they need to earn mah.....me a good "cai tou" to chop therefore maybe thats y i so far have no problems with the renovation work for my previous and existing hse.. :D

if u cant decide using monetary terms, maybe u want to decide on the "clicking"..imagine leh..u have to communicate wth the particular person nearly everyday..

hey, we share the same idealogy on 'bargaining'... :D

so long within my means and i feel other items offsets it, no big deal lah...plus they wun pull long face if you keep squeezing them dry...and more motivated to do a better job...although not all

are these type of contractors/ID who are just out to chop chop chop... :)

yeah, i've decided to go with one im most comfy and assured with...coz communications and trust are vital to me... ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi i now waiting for 1st appointment at end march, but gan jiong liao.

can anyone let me know a rough idea to hack a whole EA at 139sqm and reno? what price to est?

someone pls give me contacts to ideal house? email to me at matashi25@yahoo.com.sg

thanks in advance ;)

hey, we share the same idealogy on 'bargaining'... :D

so long within my means and i feel other items offsets it, no big deal lah...plus they wun pull long face if you keep squeezing them dry...and more motivated to do a better job...although not all

are these type of contractors/ID who are just out to chop chop chop... :)

yeah, i've decided to go with one im most comfy and assured with...coz communications and trust are vital to me... ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

hihi

my experience is that if u dont bargain, u gain some also..could be in terms of free items, service and etc..

let me kpo abit..who u choose ar? :P