Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi budgetice. sry for late reply. thank you. i see you have a home nicely done up too.

I have no problem with the painter as I was not in direct liaise.. so I can't give a proper feedback? Peter made own arrangements w/o my telling to have some parts touched up after his own inspection even after handover.

Hi, can I have Peter's email or contact no.? Thanks. My email is jkslmail@gmail.com.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hmm anyone used R*** before? He seemed like a really nice sincere guy. He tried to fit our budget although it still went out of whack a little (but ok if final product is all quality stuff) but after signing him, we find his attention span with us lessen. He seem to be always busy, distracted and gives very late notice. Of course, we are now in process and I havent seen the workmanship. I am keeping fingers cross on that.

maybe we are more demanding I dont know....

BUT... I am not giving my final verdict yet. Let wait for the house to be done before I give my final judgement.

it might all turn out well...

Edited by yweiyi

Hi all, just to share my terrible experience with ideal house and to rant it out a little. After reading thru the threads, I called Ideal to look for Mr K. Peter Tan answered and told me that Mr K is not around.I checked out Peter in this forum and read that he is not bad even tho he is not in the top list like steven and Mr k. In the end I decided to meetup with him. He asked me to go down to his office to meet him.

Hubby and I drove all the way to serangoon. Upon meeting him, I showed him our floor plan. We wanted to do up our newly toped penthouse unit. We can feel his disappointment when he knew that ours is a new project as he commented that for new projects most of the things are already done up. We just need to do some carpentry. When we are discussing, he looked totally UNINTERESTED. Both me and hubby felt awkward. He asked if we wanted to do the store racks and wood decking for our roof and balcony, we told him we have direct contacts for these already. He looked pissed, but admitted that going direct is definitely cheaper. To us, these are things that not worth asking an ID to take over.

All we wanted to do is capentry, whole house false ceilings and repainting, We wanted alot of carpentry to be done. We even have our ideas ready, he don't even need to crack his head for ideas. All we want is a quotation and maybe some advise if our ideas are ok. Before he even proceeded, he asked us for our budget for a particular room, the study room. Both of us were stunned. Honestly speaking, since we bought an expensive penthouse, we wanted the everything the best and DO NOT want to compromise quality with cost. On the other hand, we do not want to be chop carrots. We didn't answer his question immediately becos budget is not a concern for us at all and as layman, we obviously do not have the technical-know-how to state our budget for a particular room. Reno cost is never a concern as we have ready cash from sale of another property at a huge profit.

While we were still pondering how to answer Peter's question on budget for our study room, Peter stood up and said he would ask someone else to handle the reno for us instead and he walked out of the firm leaving us behind feeling so awkward. 3 mins later, he returned and said no one was around to help me. He gave me sean and steven's namecard and asked us to go to them. I requested for Mr K, he said that Mr k is like him, very busy and not cheap, he said the other ids are cheaper and suggested that we go to them. We felt so insulted. They are all under the same company, shouldn't pricing policy be equal? We were quite nice thru out despite his hostility. He went on to elaborate that in Ideal House, different designers had different working styles. Ermm...what did he mean by that? I supposed he meant that some designers are not as "famous", will take up any client and will fight for lower pricings for them; on the other hand, some designers think they are "big shots", only work for high-rolling clients, and will chop them like carrots. It seems to me that Peter belongs to the latter category.

He also added that he was very busy with many other clients and had to rush some work. Well, in that case, why did he arrange to meet us in the first place? He made us went all the way to his office, to speak to him for less than 10 mins, and then he started to "brush us away". As customers, our time is definitely more precious than his. May I sarcastically suggest that he should have asked customers for their reno budget over the phone before deciding whether to meet them, instead of wasting customers' time?

We felt that we were being "shoved out" of the firm. We were so pissed. How can a service industry do this to their customers? I went down to intradsign to meet Irene after that, she is more sincere and they have a proper pricing system. I do not want to be carrots to those unethical id firms like ideal design.

Edited by rachelcheng

I have just sent an email attention to the boss of Ideal house. I am not sure if the boss will get to see it at all, but nevertheless, I just wish to share my experience with all of you so that your time will not be wasted like mine.

Hi All,

Newbie here. I have recently just gotten my keys to a 4 Rm BTO premium flat in Punggol. Read through this thread to find the overall good feeling for this ID firm. Can anyone here provide any good contacts to IDs from Ideal House? Thanks in advance!!!

Can either PM me or email me at carefreepolaris@gmail.com

I have just sent an email attention to the boss of Ideal house. I am not sure if the boss will get to see it at all, but nevertheless, I just wish to share my experience with all of you so that your time will not be wasted like mine.

Hi Rachel,

Just curious, what's the outcome? Or is there one already?

hmm anyone used R*** before? He seemed like a really nice sincere guy. He tried to fit our budget although it still went out of whack a little (but ok if final product is all quality stuff) but after signing him, we find his attention span with us lessen. He seem to be always busy, distracted and gives very late notice. Of course, we are now in process and I havent seen the workmanship. I am keeping fingers cross on that.

maybe we are more demanding I dont know....

BUT... I am not giving my final verdict yet. Let wait for the house to be done before I give my final judgement.

it might all turn out well...

Hi yweiyi,

How's the response?

Regards

This is a follow up on my review done a couple of years back on Ideal House ID and the person-in-charge of my reno, Peter.

Carpentry work still holding up well despite heavy usage and abuse by placing heavy industrial test equipments in it.

However, this follow up has nothing to do with the above but actions undertaken by Ideal House ID and Peter.

2 weeks ago, I discovered water stains on the ceiling in my kitchen's toilet. Suspecting water slippage from the toilets above, I emailed Ideal House ID with my predicament. Peter called me the next day and arranged to check out the problem. I was pleasantly surprised as I have never expect the company or him to response since the renovation work was done quite a number of years ago. Peter concluded that it might be a waterproofing problem and proceeded to arrange for the tiler and a waterproofing company for further assessment.

The conclusion is that the waterproofing membrane is damaged and the only way to solve the problem is to rebuild the toilet.

Peter was quick to advise the scope of work and arranged for me to select new tiles for the rebuild. He finalised the work schedule to my convenient and the rebuild work start within a week of our first contact!

Peter arrived with the workers on the 1st day and ensured that the worker paid extra attention while dismantling the toilets' fixtures so as not to damage them. He also ensured that the inconvenient caused by the rebuild are minimised and we can continued to reside in our home as the work proceed. Conjugated sheets were provided to protect our parquat flooring and our furnitures. He continued to visit my place daily to check on the work progress and QC.

While there were unavoidable collateral damages arising from the rebuild, they were replaced without fuss and no demand from our end. They did even touch up wear and tear of our dwelling that is beyond their current work scope. All these and the rebuilding of the 2 toilets on our upper floor at their expenses!

The work is almost done now less the final touch-up. I must make special mention of his assistant(??) Jason as well who acceded to my mum unreasonable request without complaint and with speed!

While Ideal House ID or Peter may not be the cheapest renovator around, their pricing are competitive enough and they did stand behind their work. Having examined the work done in my home and at a neighbouring unit, I must concede that their quality of work has improved by leap since my last review.

Renovation is not a cheap affair for most and cost should not be the main consideration. I have done 6 major renovation / repair work over the past ten yrs. In my humble opinion, I hold Ideal House ID and Peter in high regards and will recommend them to my friends and family. I'll use them should the need arise for another makeover.

Delighted Home Owner

719 Hougang Ave 2

looks like lots of highly rave review about them ,

but im not sure about them thou.. request to see some works. but was been told by one of the ID "but those flat are new flat mostly are capentry works" :dunno:

new flat no kitchen cabinet to see? are they not capentry works? :unsure:

tsk tsk...

Update: my Reno will be completed nx wk and i can move in! The 6 wks Reno period was kept to. It was a smooth and pleasant Reno experience. Trivial hiccups here and there but acceptable. What I'm most glad is that Kenneth didn't ask me to top up here and there as other IDs does usually. The funny and sincere part is that he will convince me and my family not to change or do something as its not worth it. He cld have jolly well kept quiet and made a profit out of it. My colleagues saw my hse pics and asked for his ctc which I wld def recommend cos it's not easy to find a trustworthy and sincere ID. I do hope I have the chance to get a new place nx time and find Kenneth to do e Reno again :)

Side note: apologies pics not posted as prefer privacy. I can send one or two pics if u really wish to see. Pls PM. Gd nite!

He told me no initially but as the reno progresses, he adds things on without asking for top-up so that's a form of freebies too. In fact, this is more impt than upfront freebies. I've limited budget so any variation orders is a big no no for me. My neighbour told me that her contractor told her that lockers have to incur additional costs too. I have added several lockers due to elderlies and child but he has never impose cost on it.