Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bommarillu

My Small Little Den

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

congrats on finally getting the keys...renovation is an exciting process...then comes another exciting process...furnishing...enjoy the process and hope to see the pictures soon! :bleah:

Hi bommarillu

Congrat on your key and all the best in your start of reno yr place.

Comments is depends on how you like to have your reno done and what is your realistic budget. Are you planning to hack everything out or just make good use some of items?

I would (if it was my place :sport-smiley-004: ), change the flooring, remove/sell the wooden furnitures and enlarge the kitchen by knocking the walls (seems you are planning to do that). Kitchen cabinets & bedroom wardrobe seems to be in good condition (if you thinking of keeping it), you could salvage it and stain the color to match your theme.

Most likely (from picture) the flooring is granite type.

Cheers

any comments on the pics...... reno starting in 2 days.... wil update....
Edited by lifestyle

Hi bommarillu

Congrat on your key and all the best in your start of reno yr place.

Comments is depends on how you like to have your reno done and what is your realistic budget. Are you planning to hack everything out or just make good use some of items?

I would (if it was my place :yamseng: ), change the flooring, remove/sell the wooden furnitures and enlarge the kitchen by knocking the walls (seems you are planning to do that). Kitchen cabinets & bedroom wardrobe seems to be in good condition (if you thinking of keeping it), you could salvage it and stain the color to match your theme.

Most likely (from picture) the flooring is granite type.

Cheers

Hi,

thanks for your comments. Yes, we are hacking the wall between kitchen and living room. going to laminate the rooms except kitchen. problem is with the kitchen cabinet. It is in a good condition, but made of solid wood and cant be painted over (according to contractor). varnish would cost me around 1800, which i think would be a waste. thinking of DIY varnish later. wardrobes are good. might keep them. toilets make over.

and things like that.

keep spamming.

Hi,

thanks for your comments. Yes, we are hacking the wall between kitchen and living room. going to laminate the rooms except kitchen. problem is with the kitchen cabinet. It is in a good condition, but made of solid wood and cant be painted over (according to contractor). varnish would cost me around 1800, which i think would be a waste. thinking of DIY varnish later. wardrobes are good. might keep them. toilets make over.

and things like that.

keep spamming.

hi bommarillu,

spamming spamming your new thread....

just curious, after hacking the wall between kitchen and LR, will u be doing glass panel since you are going to keep the kitchen cabinet? r u living on the highest floor? seems like you have a good unblock view :-)

btw, we are having the same problem. my carpentery work can only start after CNY :-( so i have to move twice and store my barang barang with a friend..

cavie

My reno blog - Bedok

Hi,

and things like that.

keep spamming.

wah, solid wood kitchen cabinet :notti::rofl:

wonder when i'll have the budget for something like that :D:)

think you can DIY the varnish, just that it's time-consuming

i had wanted to varnish my cabinet from last sep until now still dilly-dallying :)

wah, solid wood kitchen cabinet :notti: !!

wonder when i'll have the budget for something like that :wub: :wub:

think you can DIY the varnish, just that it's time-consuming

i had wanted to varnish my cabinet from last sep until now still dilly-dallying :P

I m sure i ll also end up postponing it forever or till i find some reasonable quote.

btw, my living room and 2 bedrooms sum upto 400 sqft approx. the lamination guy has quoted 2250 altogether including skirting etc. which comes to 5.6 $ psf. Throw some light on it. It is SUPREME AC5 Hardwood series. According to him, since my living room is terrazo, hacking the skirting is 250$ where as for bedrooms its 50 bucks each.

where can i find best price pendant lights above my dining table?

I m not going to put glass panel where i hack wall near kitchen, coz the purpose is to allow free flow of air and take full advantage of my high floor.

Edited by bommarillu