Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
verifunny

Lousy Reno Contractor - Prestige Image

Dear All,

First of all, I regretted not visiting this forum to find out more about Reno contractor. Please remember to take some time off to go thru the forum before deciding which company to engage.

I would like to warn those who are looking for a contractor to renovate your lovely home. Please don't engage Prestige Image at any cost even though there may be some good ID/agent or deals. I would rather be skeptical about the services provided by this company mentioned below.

Company: Prestige Image

Agents/ID/Boss: Kent Aw and William

What happened???

Service requested: Overlay 2 toilets, make a by-fold door in Master bedroom, a built-in cabinet and replacement of 2 toilet doors.

Let's talk about the agent, Kent Aw.

1) He couldn't keep his promise.

i) He was supposed to provide drawings for the built-in shoe cabinet on an agreed date but failed.

ii) We told him to protect our floor and try to minimise dust by covering part of our furniture with gunny sacks. He failed to get holiage worker to provide gunny sacks to protect my floor. He failed to tell the carpentry workers to treat our floor with respect.

2) He is insincere in working for us.

i) He is seldom on time for appts.

ii) He didn't inspect the jobs done even after we complained to him about lousy workmanship.

iii) He couldn't even get the holiage worker to clean up the wet works remainings. He succeeded after threatening not to pay.

iv) He complained to me that it was expensive to travel to my house. He also complained that the company is closing account for the month and wanted me to pay up.

v) He didn't apologise for all the mistakes he caused. He made a big mistake but not consulting the door contractor and his tile contractor. The tile person laid them incorrectly and he were surprised when we relayed to you what the door contractor said. Another issue is he didn't ordered enough tiles for this project and I feel that this was one of the reasons why the workmanship is bad. The tile person couldn't make mistakes and use more tiles to perfect the job.

vi) He wants to charge us more by suggesting that we should hack the whole toilet at our expense.

vii) Worst of all, his sub-contractors could come at after 10.30pm to collect equipment.

viii) The toilet door contractor also sounded unfriendly and came at a time I was working night shift. My wife had to go back to our house alone to let the man complete the installation. This is the kind of person Kent Aw is. He doesn't really give a **** about your time or constraints.

3) He acts like he-knows-everything and he thinks that he is providing the right level of service.

i) We told him that we are not satisfied with the hole found in our common toilet. He at first suggested redo the toilet. Later we told him we didn't like the idea. He offered to cover the hole with cement. In the end, he made the mess that you will see later in my web photo album.

ii) I received an SMS from him telling me that he is running a business and urging me to pay up the rest of the money. He, of course, hit the wall.

Now talk about William. Actually, I haven't found out who the hack is this person. All I know is that he is coming to claim the remaining 20% of the payment. This guy talked to me as if he is talking to a gangster. This person made 2 arrangements with me to meet up to straighten out loose ends. Like Kent, he did not come and didn't even call to apologise - Expected for someone who speaks like a gangster.

I still keep most of the SMSs sent by Kent Aw. I can all always prove it to you if you are in doubt. But the picture gallery plus some testimonies listed below will say a thousand words for me.

Here are the testimonies for your reference:

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/.../409/93563.html - yy (syteoh)

I have the same experience as yy (syteoh).

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...409/507333.html - Faith (jfwee)

Pls search for the names mentioned.

Here is the picture gallery I mentioned.

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/13...562232530OKLAhE

Hope that those already used this company be more cautious and meticulous in inspecting the end products.

I also hope that we can build on this thread for those who are victims like me so that it may can be a piece of evidence against this company.

Thank you for your kind attention. :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm...saw ur pic and was really gutted at the jobs...

Guess u shd post all these on 'Renovation Firms and Services' colummn as more reno ID seekers there to be warned...

Hi all,

The company finished the loose ends, but damages had been done.

I wonder when will there be acceptable customer service level.

Anyway, lessons learned are part and parcel of life.

Hope that those that are unhappy quickly get over and done with.

Life is too short to accommodate unhappiness.

Happy Chinese New Year and all the best to everyone.

Cheers!

Hi all,

The company finished the loose ends, but damages had been done.

I wonder when will there be acceptable customer service level.

Anyway, lessons learned are part and parcel of life.

Hope that those that are unhappy quickly get over and done with.

Life is too short to accommodate unhappiness.

Happy Chinese New Year and all the best to everyone.

Cheers!

:dribble:

These types of workmanship are unacceptable :notti: . In particular the hole near the toilet bowl :dribble: . You should hold off the last payment until you are satified.

saw the pics..oh no..

ya u shld hold the payment till everything is done properly

have u made the final payment already? my bro's hse that time also experienced poor worksmanship and holds back the payment

the ID company didnt chase for the final balance eventually cos they admit its their poor worksmanship and dont want to pursue further

i could not believe my eyes :good: when i saw examples of the tiling and other work photos you provided ! the work was indeed shoddy, and i can understand yr pain.

it wld be even better if you post photos of the ids, workers, bosses, etc involved, as i feel they were operating a scam, as not only you but there were other victims too, judging from comments posted on the other forum.

thank you for sharing, and maybe yr post should become a 'sticky' as an alert / warning to others looking for a reliable id / contractor firm.

in my case i am thankful i hv got a reliable and good id to handle my renovation, and that is why i maintain a blog to showcase the workmanship done, simply because i have benefited from other forumers who shared their experience with their id / contractor and wish to pass it on.

i do not know if u can withhold further payments -- i wld if i were you -- because i m sure contractors / cheaters perpetuating the poor workmanship wld be afraid of publicity, and i think if u 'blow' up the issue they may back away from demanding further payment.

i don't want to suggest u take legal action (as it is throwing good money after bad), though i wld if i were in yr shoes as i am a stick-in-the-mud kind of person and am outraged at these sorts of irresponsible contractors out to fleece innocent consumers.

the only protection for consumers these days are forums like this, where bad / good publicity from flat owners is the best and probably only tool to ensure you get what you pay for.

Dear All,

First of all, I regretted not visiting this forum to find out more about Reno contractor. Please remember to take some time off to go thru the forum before deciding which company to engage.

I would like to warn those who are looking for a contractor to renovate your lovely home. Please don't engage Prestige Image at any cost even though there may be some good ID/agent or deals. I would rather be skeptical about the services provided by this company mentioned below.

Company: Prestige Image

Agents/ID/Boss: Kent Aw and William

What happened???

Service requested: Overlay 2 toilets, make a by-fold door in Master bedroom, a built-in cabinet and replacement of 2 toilet doors.

Let's talk about the agent, Kent Aw.

1) He couldn't keep his promise.

i) He was supposed to provide drawings for the built-in shoe cabinet on an agreed date but failed.

ii) We told him to protect our floor and try to minimise dust by covering part of our furniture with gunny sacks. He failed to get holiage worker to provide gunny sacks to protect my floor. He failed to tell the carpentry workers to treat our floor with respect.

2) He is insincere in working for us.

i) He is seldom on time for appts.

ii) He didn't inspect the jobs done even after we complained to him about lousy workmanship.

iii) He couldn't even get the holiage worker to clean up the wet works remainings. He succeeded after threatening not to pay.

iv) He complained to me that it was expensive to travel to my house. He also complained that the company is closing account for the month and wanted me to pay up.

v) He didn't apologise for all the mistakes he caused. He made a big mistake but not consulting the door contractor and his tile contractor. The tile person laid them incorrectly and he were surprised when we relayed to you what the door contractor said. Another issue is he didn't ordered enough tiles for this project and I feel that this was one of the reasons why the workmanship is bad. The tile person couldn't make mistakes and use more tiles to perfect the job.

vi) He wants to charge us more by suggesting that we should hack the whole toilet at our expense.

vii) Worst of all, his sub-contractors could come at after 10.30pm to collect equipment.

viii) The toilet door contractor also sounded unfriendly and came at a time I was working night shift. My wife had to go back to our house alone to let the man complete the installation. This is the kind of person Kent Aw is. He doesn't really give a **** about your time or constraints.

3) He acts like he-knows-everything and he thinks that he is providing the right level of service.

i) We told him that we are not satisfied with the hole found in our common toilet. He at first suggested redo the toilet. Later we told him we didn't like the idea. He offered to cover the hole with cement. In the end, he made the mess that you will see later in my web photo album.

ii) I received an SMS from him telling me that he is running a business and urging me to pay up the rest of the money. He, of course, hit the wall.

Now talk about William. Actually, I haven't found out who the hack is this person. All I know is that he is coming to claim the remaining 20% of the payment. This guy talked to me as if he is talking to a gangster. This person made 2 arrangements with me to meet up to straighten out loose ends. Like Kent, he did not come and didn't even call to apologise - Expected for someone who speaks like a gangster.

I still keep most of the SMSs sent by Kent Aw. I can all always prove it to you if you are in doubt. But the picture gallery plus some testimonies listed below will say a thousand words for me.

Here are the testimonies for your reference:

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/.../409/93563.html - yy (syteoh)

I have the same experience as yy (syteoh).

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...409/507333.html - Faith (jfwee)

Pls search for the names mentioned.

Here is the picture gallery I mentioned.

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/13...562232530OKLAhE

Hope that those already used this company be more cautious and meticulous in inspecting the end products.

I also hope that we can build on this thread for those who are victims like me so that it may can be a piece of evidence against this company.

Thank you for your kind attention. :yamseng:

After seeing your pics, my heart goes to you...

Hopefully, my ID would not be like tat... X , else really :bangwall:

I feel for you !!

I really do !!

I hope people build on this thread too, to serve hot caution to those contemplating using them.

Why not you post on singapore brides and ask them to post on this thread and explain what had gone wrong, ?

You have done many others like me who are out there looking for good ID's and contractors with our hard earned money trying to build a happy home a great service indeed !!

Thanks !!

i think you should hold all payment and wait for them to settle the outstanding issue. but anyway thanks for sharing.