Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Wedding Gown - Make To Measure Or Off The Rack?

i have signed package with BS , i have a choice whether to have my Wedding Gown Make to Measure or Off the Rack.

i feel tat if i choose the gown from off the rack , im able to know if the cutting & design suit me. but its have be wore before by other bride :sport-smiley-003:.

on the other hand, If i choose Make to Measure, only by look at design & make to measure, what if the end result is not tat ideally... mean the gown look good in magz or design sketches, but when put on me there might be a chance, its will not look nice on me. I wonder if i after the gown is made and its doesnt suit me am i able to go back to off the rack?

hope experience brides can advise me. TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i have signed package with BS , i have a choice whether to have my Wedding Gown Make to Measure or Off the Rack.

i feel tat if i choose the gown from off the rack , im able to know if the cutting & design suit me. but its have be wore before by other bride :bangwall:.

on the other hand, If i choose Make to Measure, only by look at design & make to measure, what if the end result is not tat ideally... mean the gown look good in magz or design sketches, but when put on me there might be a chance, its will not look nice on me. I wonder if i after the gown is made and its doesnt suit me am i able to go back to off the rack?

Hi LadyLuck, I was a bride years ago.....So hope my experience can be of help to you.

Tat time I also hv 2 options on my WG, tat is to make- to- measure or off the rack.

I chose off the rack cos I need to try it on myself and noe which cutting fits best for me.

Tat time, the bridal shop staff told me tat if I chose make-to-measure, I cannot change to other gowns

if the end result is not wat I wanted....

I didn't wanna take the risk...so I just tok off the rack though I also dun like the idea of other

brides wore it before...

Bt tat time my BS is kind enuff to let me try those new arrival, as in no other brides hv worn before

as proclaim by them...I just close one eye and believes them la....anyway every gown loks new to me....hahahaha....

I also advises my every fren to choose off the rack when I am their wedding coordinator...and they

always come back to me and say they are happi with off the rack.

It depends v much on yrself...if u hv the design, material in mind, perhaps u can work

v closely wif the designer so tat the end result is something u like...

Good luck!

Hi LadyLuck, I was a bride years ago.....So hope my experience can be of help to you.

Tat time I also hv 2 options on my WG, tat is to make- to- measure or off the rack.

I chose off the rack cos I need to try it on myself and noe which cutting fits best for me.

Tat time, the bridal shop staff told me tat if I chose make-to-measure, I cannot change to other gowns

I didn't wanna take the risk...so I just tok off the rack though I also dun like the idea of other

brides wore it before...

Bt tat time my BS is kind enuff to let me try those new arrival, as in no other brides hv worn before

as proclaim by them...I just close one eye and believes them la....anyway every gown loks new to me....hahahaha....

I also advises my every fren to choose off the rack when I am their wedding coordinator...and they

It depends v much on yrself...if u hv the design, material in mind, perhaps u can work

Good luck!

hi karen77sg, you are so lucky, i wish i have new arrival for me to choose from too :yamseng:

at least off the rack , im will choose without worrying.

LL,

The key difference between MTM and OTR is really the cost. If you want to get a stunning gown with full lace and embriodary etc.. you'll most definately have to top up quit a bit for the MTM gown...

Hence if you were to compare, most of the time, OTR gowns look better or use more elaborate lace or imported materials.

The problem most brides face is the designer. IF the designer cannot capture your idea, then you'll have a problem with MTM gowns..

you could always ask the BS to inform you when there are newer gowns coming in so you can take a look...

you should ask your BS to confirm that if the MTM is made but still not happy, can you go back to OTR.

most likely should be ok. but not until the stage of the MTM gown is completeed

i feel tat if i choose the gown from off the rack , im able to know if the cutting & design suit me. but its have be wore before by other bride 8|.

my wedding gown, evening gown and tea dress were new ones and nobody had worn before bcos when they just came to the BS and i "chopped" them liao. hahaha. they were new arrival ones. :sport-smiley-004:

my hb had two suits. one was OTR and one was MTM. :sport-smiley-004:

but for outdoor photoshooting, all suits and gowns were OTR bcos the BS only allowed OTR for outdoor photoshooting lor (afraid to dirty the new ones). :yamseng:

brides wore it before...

Good luck!

hi,

juz to share me, my sisters, my girlfriends experience...

most of us choose OTR. reason (pros): got soooo many pattern to choose from and vy instantly you will get it altered to your size.

(cons): ppl ever wear before. but they do thorough cleaning of the gowns. and if you want, you can choose the top with another type of skirt and VOILA!:furious: a special so-called MTM gown is for you. (that was what i did :notti: )

anyway, you are not going to buy the gown and wear it every now and then. its only 1 time affair, save your $$$ for travel / honeymoon and buy yourself some gd stuffs.

i got a colleague whose wife insist on MTM gown. the gown came out so-so only, nothing special coz wife is not those lanky beautiful face models who dawn those gowns and so can't bring out the gown's beauty. worst is my colleague complain to me that they have to go to the bridal shop so often everytime they call to ask for details or the wife suddenly think she wants / don't want something.... they live at woodlands and their bridal gown shop is at Tampines :):):seeya: just imagine the travelling route :notti:

LL,

The key difference between MTM and OTR is really the cost. If you want to get a stunning gown with full lace and embriodary etc.. you'll most definately have to top up quit a bit for the MTM gown...

Hence if you were to compare, most of the time, OTR gowns look better or use more elaborate lace or imported materials.

The problem most brides face is the designer. IF the designer cannot capture your idea, then you'll have a problem with MTM gowns..

you could always ask the BS to inform you when there are newer gowns coming in so you can take a look...

you should ask your BS to confirm that if the MTM is made but still not happy, can you go back to OTR.

most likely should be ok. but not until the stage of the MTM gown is completeed

hi plantom, thanks for the advise, i double check with them, tis coming sat im going to choose gown already.

u make a good point, bout extra cost for extra stunning effect on MTM , lucky u remind me that :)

my wedding gown, evening gown and tea dress were new ones and nobody had worn before bcos when they just came to the BS and i "chopped" them liao. hahaha. they were new arrival ones. :P

my hb had two suits. one was OTR and one was MTM. :(

but for outdoor photoshooting, all suits and gowns were OTR bcos the BS only allowed OTR for outdoor photoshooting lor (afraid to dirty the new ones). :)

i doubts tis sat will have new arrival as its near CNY :)....

another good idea i swap my MTM to my FH suit to MTM ya :)... he MTM easier, as he is tall & lean, me fat & short afraid cant bring out the MTM gown

hi,

juz to share me, my sisters, my girlfriends experience...

most of us choose OTR. reason (pros): got soooo many pattern to choose from and vy instantly you will get it altered to your size.

(cons): ppl ever wear before. but they do thorough cleaning of the gowns. and if you want, you can choose the top with another type of skirt and VOILA!!! a special so-called MTM gown is for you. (that was what i did :) )

anyway, you are not going to buy the gown and wear it every now and then. its only 1 time affair, save your $$$ for travel / honeymoon and buy yourself some gd stuffs.

i got a colleague whose wife insist on MTM gown. the gown came out so-so only, nothing special coz wife is not those lanky beautiful face models who dawn those gowns and so can't bring out the gown's beauty. worst is my colleague complain to me that they have to go to the bridal shop so often everytime they call to ask for details or the wife suddenly think she wants / don't want something.... they live at woodlands and their bridal gown shop is at Tampines :yamseng::good::D just imagine the travelling route :~

seeems like MTM is more troublesome ya... its just give the idea u can get the design you wan & its new noting else :)

hi plantom, thanks for the advise, i double check with them, tis coming sat im going to choose gown already.

u make a good point, bout extra cost for extra stunning effect on MTM , lucky u remind me that :dancingqueen:

plantom? sounds like plankton.. hmmm.. suddenly i've been banished to the lowest echelon of the food chain.. lol..

For ladies who are slightly on the plus side and have a pretty full bust, can consider a Princess Cut for the wedding gown, it helps to accentuate the bust area and the bustier and cutting actually makes the waist look smaller.

check out with your BS coordinator for more details.

For "bye bye flabby" arms.. avoid having anything to cover the the shoulders and arms.. the more you cover.. the more ppl notice..

cheers

plantom? sounds like plankton.. hmmm.. suddenly i've been banished to the lowest echelon of the food chain.. lol..

For ladies who are slightly on the plus side and have a pretty full bust, can consider a Princess Cut for the wedding gown, it helps to accentuate the bust area and the bustier and cutting actually makes the waist look smaller.

check out with your BS coordinator for more details.

For "bye bye flabby" arms.. avoid having anything to cover the the shoulders and arms.. the more you cover.. the more ppl notice..

cheers

wat is princess cut??

i oso chose OTR over MTM. in fact, i was really tempted to go for MTM for both my WG and EG.

i chose OTR coz i found 1 WG and 1 EG that is suitable for me... and if i MTM, i might not know if the end product will fit me like a glove anot.

there's a gal who selects the gown same time as me. she MTM both her WG and EG. i find both looks normal and ppl cant tell it is MTM. the impt thing is her WG doesnt turn out exactly as wat she expected. although the coordinator had warned her the possible outcome of the design and material used, she still decided to go ahead with dat design. no choice she had to use dat coz once the gown is being MTM, u cannot change ur choice.

Ladyluck, maybe u can browse through the OTR gowns and if there are gowns which u like, u can consider OTR. Keep your options open! :sport-smiley-018:

Google lah.. lol... its considered A-Line.

got many other cuts like.. mermaid cut lah.. (body huggin type) etc..

me also not wedding planner. kekekekeke..

but i just wanna point out.. to do MTM because you want a new gown is the wrong mentality imho.

Google lah.. lol... its considered A-Line.

got many other cuts like.. mermaid cut lah.. (body huggin type) etc..

me also not wedding planner. kekekekeke..

but i just wanna point out.. to do MTM because you want a new gown is the wrong mentality imho.

i thot most WGs are A-line :bangwall:

oh... i like it when there's this V-shape at the waist

will tend to make the waist looks smaller :dancingqueen:

i thot most WGs are A-line :good:

oh... i like it when there's this V-shape at the waist

will tend to make the waist looks smaller :)

thats the trick.

LadyLuck, I am also a OTR bride.. Like diva, I am also pretty fickle minded.. I prefer to see the real thing than what is drawn paper.. lousy in imagination.. hehe.. But i nv regret.. some ppl thought that my gown is MTM, because quite alot of details...

Unless you really have very clear in mind that you want a particular design, else try OTR first.. OTR gowns also can do add on.. some BS will do it FOC some will charge, but it should be still cheaper than doing a full MTM.

Must really know what your BS is good at. See they have the type of gowns you wanted. Like my BS, actually have limited EGs. Already have mind prepared might need to MTM. End up manage to choose one.

If MTM and cannt take back the gown, it will eventually end up another ppl's OTR. Only difference that you get to wear it first.

:D

Im a MTM Bride.. for both my gowns.. the designs has been drawn, now making and waiting for fitting in Feb..... Do hope the gown turn out well for me.

I choose MTM cos I kind of have an idea what suits me and what I want.