Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Wedding Gown - Make To Measure Or Off The Rack?

plantom? sounds like plankton.. hmmm.. suddenly i've been banished to the lowest echelon of the food chain.. lol..

For ladies who are slightly on the plus side and have a pretty full bust, can consider a Princess Cut for the wedding gown, it helps to accentuate the bust area and the bustier and cutting actually makes the waist look smaller.

check out with your BS coordinator for more details.

For "bye bye flabby" arms.. avoid having anything to cover the the shoulders and arms.. the more you cover.. the more ppl notice..

cheers

hahaha paisay paisay.... Phantom :jawdrop: .. when i typing its was almost mid nite zombie hehee..

indeed u expert. dun cover flabby arms ah argh...

wat is princess cut??

i oso chose OTR over MTM. in fact, i was really tempted to go for MTM for both my WG and EG.

i chose OTR coz i found 1 WG and 1 EG that is suitable for me... and if i MTM, i might not know if the end product will fit me like a glove anot.

there's a gal who selects the gown same time as me. she MTM both her WG and EG. i find both looks normal and ppl cant tell it is MTM. the impt thing is her WG doesnt turn out exactly as wat she expected. although the coordinator had warned her the possible outcome of the design and material used, she still decided to go ahead with dat design. no choice she had to use dat coz once the gown is being MTM, u cannot change ur choice.

Ladyluck, maybe u can browse through the OTR gowns and if there are gowns which u like, u can consider OTR. Keep your options open! :jawdrop:

today one of my fren say at times those OTR is actually not new but the co ordinator may bluff u tat its new arrival , and most of the bs will some how try to discourage bride to choose MTM over OTR :P

LadyLuck, I am also a OTR bride.. Like diva, I am also pretty fickle minded.. I prefer to see the real thing than what is drawn paper.. lousy in imagination.. hehe.. But i nv regret.. some ppl thought that my gown is MTM, because quite alot of details...

Unless you really have very clear in mind that you want a particular design, else try OTR first.. OTR gowns also can do add on.. some BS will do it FOC some will charge, but it should be still cheaper than doing a full MTM.

Must really know what your BS is good at. See they have the type of gowns you wanted. Like my BS, actually have limited EGs. Already have mind prepared might need to MTM. End up manage to choose one.

If MTM and cannt take back the gown, it will eventually end up another ppl's OTR. Only difference that you get to wear it first.

:D

yalar, good point!!, others too will have the chance to wear the same too.

Im a MTM Bride.. for both my gowns.. the designs has been drawn, now making and waiting for fitting in Feb..... Do hope the gown turn out well for me.

I choose MTM cos I kind of have an idea what suits me and what I want.

all the best !

for me im clueless... and im not tall & slim :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
today one of my fren say at times those OTR is actually not new but the co ordinator may bluff u tat its new arrival , and most of the bs will some how try to discourage bride to choose MTM over OTR 8|

yalar, good point!!, others too will have the chance to wear the same too.

all the best !

for me im clueless... and im not tall & slim 8|

Whether OTR is new or not new.. I believe is pretty easy to check it out. if is not new confirm will look yellowish or look old or outdated design. so far i nv come across BS that discourage bride to choose MTM over OTR. mostly like prompt me to choose MTM instead.. :P

it is all abt your mind.. OTR gowns, see ppl wear before or after, buey song.. MTM gowns, after that see ppl wear also buey song.. if really that buey song.. buy back all the gowns lor.. but then again i got this friend who told me, she saw 2 smiliar gown design at 2 different BS. Dont know who copy who. :lol:

LL, usually BS will encourage to MTM bcos MTM is more expensive than OTR. whether MTM or OTR its ok as long as u must feel comfortable wearing with e gowns eventually. :dancingqueen:

i actually wanted to get OTR because i saw a lot of very nice ones! but sadly im too fat... ahahah limited choices for evening gowns n wedding gowns.. so no choice mtm... so im the loser who has to top up for the gown... then next person who wears them gets to choose them as otr... haiiiiiiiiiiii ahahahah kns de

i actually wanted to get OTR because i saw a lot of very nice ones! but sadly im too fat... ahahah limited choices for evening gowns n wedding gowns.. so no choice mtm... so im the loser who has to top up for the gown... then next person who wears them gets to choose them as otr... haiiiiiiiiiiii ahahahah kns de

gowns can only be altered if the growns are too loose. if the gowns are too tight then cannot alter liao bcos not enough cloth to do so. !!

the gowns only wear for one night so no point pay extra for MTM if can find nice ones OTR. spending so much time, money and effort to prepare a wedding which only last for one day/night. sigh. :(

wat is princess cut??

i oso chose OTR over MTM. in fact, i was really tempted to go for MTM for both my WG and EG.

i chose OTR coz i found 1 WG and 1 EG that is suitable for me... and if i MTM, i might not know if the end product will fit me like a glove anot.

there's a gal who selects the gown same time as me. she MTM both her WG and EG. i find both looks normal and ppl cant tell it is MTM. the impt thing is her WG doesnt turn out exactly as wat she expected. although the coordinator had warned her the possible outcome of the design and material used, she still decided to go ahead with dat design. no choice she had to use dat coz once the gown is being MTM, u cannot change ur choice.

Ladyluck, maybe u can browse through the OTR gowns and if there are gowns which u like, u can consider OTR. Keep your options open! !!

Fifi...u so petite....OTR is fine for u.....not everyone can hv yr petite size hor...really envy!

gowns can only be altered if the growns are too loose. if the gowns are too tight then cannot alter liao bcos not enough cloth to do so. :notti:

the gowns only wear for one night so no point pay extra for MTM if can find nice ones OTR. spending so much time, money and effort to prepare a wedding which only last for one day/night. sigh. :jawdrop:

both ways can be altered be it too loose or too tight.

My EG was too small for me. it was altered and now fitted perfectly.

Yup.. I also think they have a way to alter the gowns to be slightly bigger.. And I thought some BS offered a package with a choice of OTR or MTM gowns with no additional charges? :notti:

But Korea was saying that as long as MTM, need to top up $$?? :jawdrop:

Yup.. I also think they have a way to alter the gowns to be slightly bigger.. And I thought some BS offered a package with a choice of OTR or MTM gowns with no additional charges? :notti:

ya..they have the way to do it.. of coz they wont take out too big size gowns for you.. too much alter spoilt the gown design.. :)

my BS need to top up $300 per mtm gown.

provided only alter slightly looser. if want alter a lot looser then should have problem. also must provided the gown has enough extra cloth to be loosen. :)

usually, MTM packages are slightly more expensive (the extra charges have already included in the packages liao) than OTR packages. :)

traditionally speaking, MTM is always more expensive than OTR. :)

gowns can only be altered if the growns are too loose. if the gowns are too tight then cannot alter liao bcos not enough cloth to do so. :)

the gowns only wear for one night so no point pay extra for MTM if can find nice ones OTR. spending so much time, money and effort to prepare a wedding which only last for one day/night. sigh. :good:

exactly since its only for one day/night, some pple are willing to spend more to look really good! it depends on individuals on how they view the wedding day to be... some are willing to spend loads... some are more practical... ;)

anyway my bs have to top up 500 for mtm... haii... sian ahhh no choice... can buy me a coffee table liao... :P

check with you ladies,

tomorrow im going down to bs for trying gowns already. so excited....

my Actual day is in June 08. and im target to lost around 6kilos off my weight by then.

During final fitting around mid May08, will the BS able to alter for me in time?

if happen to choose MTM over Off the rack. Although e BS is nearby my home, im only able to go down during weekend, due to my works.

im fat & short, chances for me to choose from Off the Rack is limited. i understand they have super long gown...

if happen to find one Off the Rack tat suit me, can i ask the BS to make about the same using same material but modify a little of the design, isit possible?

on the other hand, im afraid different tailor maker may vary cutting and workmanship vary too :(

exactly since its only for one day/night, some pple are willing to spend more to look really good! it depends on individuals on how they view the wedding day to be... some are willing to spend loads... some are more practical... :P

anyway my bs have to top up 500 for mtm... haii... sian ahhh no choice... can buy me a coffee table liao... :P

candyprincess, once in the life time its worth it CHEERs up..

We hardly have much chances to put on such kind of gowns you know.

as for korea she spend on Wedding Banquet hehehee....

LL, usually BS will encourage to MTM bcos MTM is more expensive than OTR. whether MTM or OTR its ok as long as u must feel comfortable wearing with e gowns eventually. :good:

korea,thanks for the encouragement.

my package can choose from both lar. but i feel most important you have a trusted wedding co ordinator. im yet to find out . finger cross....

at times this pple full of craps & lie to customers one leh... its a grey business i guess...

Whether OTR is new or not new.. I believe is pretty easy to check it out. if is not new confirm will look yellowish or look old or outdated design. so far i nv come across BS that discourage bride to choose MTM over OTR. mostly like prompt me to choose MTM instead.. ;)

it is all abt your mind.. OTR gowns, see ppl wear before or after, buey song.. MTM gowns, after that see ppl wear also buey song.. if really that buey song.. buy back all the gowns lor.. but then again i got this friend who told me, she saw 2 smiliar gown design at 2 different BS. Dont know who copy who. :)

oh i see, i try to spot tat.. i tot they will go dry wash very very sparking clean & look new :(

as for korea she spend on Wedding Banquet hehehee....

korea,thanks for the encouragement.

my package can choose from both lar. but i feel most important you have a trusted wedding co ordinator. im yet to find out . finger cross....

at times this pple full of craps & lie to customers one leh... its a grey business i guess...

frankly speaking, we also spent quite a lot for our wedding. hehe. but SOMETIMES think back again then feel not worth for just one night/day. but SOMETIMES think again and still worth it. dilemma. hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

end of the day, what make you feel good is complimentary from your guests. then you'll feel everything is worth it lor. this is how i feel myself when our guests complimented about our wedding. :dancingqueen:

Ladyluck..dun worry too much take your time. gowns too long they can alter. i am short and partically only the size of a pri 6 gal. but they still have gowns available for me to wear.

i took a couple of trips before deciding on which one fits me. btw its best if you take a picture of the gown u are wearing (do it discreetly thou) so that you can go home and decide. !!

i wish i can take pix too but the coordinator were super sticky ...

frankly speaking, we also spent quite a lot for our wedding. hehe. but SOMETIMES think back again then feel not worth for just one night/day. but SOMETIMES think again and still worth it. dilemma. hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

end of the day, what make you feel good is complimentary from your guests. then you'll feel everything is worth it lor. this is how i feel myself when our guests complimented about our wedding. :dancingqueen:

hahaa... aiya.. Guest will only give kind words nia.. but they are kind enuf :good: