Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Wedding Gown - Make To Measure Or Off The Rack?

hahaa... aiya.. Guest will only give kind words nia.. but they are kind enuf :good:

but they can also keep quiet, right; no need to compliment at all. :sport-smiley-004:

i ever attended some weddings whereby some of the guests gave bad remarks. eg, food isnt nice la, inconvenient venue la, the bridegroom and bride so and so la etc. :dancingqueen:

anyway, hope you can get more choices upon the new arrival gowns. !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
but they can also keep quiet, right; no need to compliment at all. :sport-smiley-004:

i ever attended some weddings whereby some of the guests gave bad remarks. eg, food isnt nice la, inconvenient venue la, the bridegroom and bride so and so la etc. :dancingqueen:

anyway, hope you can get more choices upon the new arrival gowns. !!

if got bad remarks they wun tell to bride & bridegroom directly wat...

there will new arrival after cNy, i hope i can get someting i really like .

if got bad remarks they wun tell to bride & bridegroom directly wat...

there will new arrival after cNy, i hope i can get someting i really like .

some pple will still tell the bride and bridegroom directly leh. dont be surprised. i had a few ex colleagues told my ex colleague (the bride) that on her AD the food was so-so. :dancingqueen:

oh, after cny. then you can slowly choose lor. :sport-smiley-004:

LadyLuck - gd luck in ur choices after CNY! Hee... Hmm usually the BS will not make identical gowns... thats what my designer told me... If really don't have anything you like, would be nice to make MTM? Maybe you cn start sourcing for certain designs you like online or in magazines... then bring it along when choosing gowns... the designer will tell you if the style suits you or not... i lurve empire cut but it makes me look pregs.. haha and i cnt wear tube becos it jus emphasizes at the wrong regions... its best to let the designer "decide" what style suits you becos they r the experts...

My advise is if really cnt find then do mtm strt away because it takes awhile for them to actually make it... you have to choose colours... then they have to see if have the material and the colour you want.. then they will do the main gown first without the details.. then you go try and see okie or not... then they will do the details... then go try again... and all this must be done before your photoshoot! if not very rush and kan chiong to get it all done! which was what happened for our case... photoshoot was supposed to be in sept... but we only went to choose the gowns early august.. so not enough time... then push to oct... then stil not ready cos dun have the colour i initially wanted... then takes time to sew on the lace and beads... then our ps push to Nov... still have to wait to select photos.. print for us.. etc etc...

usually photo selection to getting photos takes ard 4-6weeks.. depends if they are busy or not.. so you must knw hw to pace yourselves bah... most impt is that you enjoy the process and let no one burst your happy Bubble!:P heee

LadyLuck - gd luck in ur choices after CNY! Hee... Hmm usually the BS will not make identical gowns... thats what my designer told me... If really don't have anything you like, would be nice to make MTM? Maybe you cn start sourcing for certain designs you like online or in magazines... then bring it along when choosing gowns... the designer will tell you if the style suits you or not... i lurve empire cut but it makes me look pregs.. haha and i cnt wear tube becos it jus emphasizes at the wrong regions... its best to let the designer "decide" what style suits you becos they r the experts...

My advise is if really cnt find then do mtm strt away because it takes awhile for them to actually make it... you have to choose colours... then they have to see if have the material and the colour you want.. then they will do the main gown first without the details.. then you go try and see okie or not... then they will do the details... then go try again... and all this must be done before your photoshoot! if not very rush and kan chiong to get it all done! which was what happened for our case... photoshoot was supposed to be in sept... but we only went to choose the gowns early august.. so not enough time... then push to oct... then stil not ready cos dun have the colour i initially wanted... then takes time to sew on the lace and beads... then our ps push to Nov... still have to wait to select photos.. print for us.. etc etc...

usually photo selection to getting photos takes ard 4-6weeks.. depends if they are busy or not.. so you must knw hw to pace yourselves bah... most impt is that you enjoy the process and let no one burst your happy Bubble!:P heee

thank you candyprincess, myabe last resort is to mtm liao.. but during mtm process my Fh will not be in town. i dun trust bs pple always have an idea tht they will say tings to thier benefit and also experience counts.. my co ordinator taste cant make it always selection those design for me to test which i doesnt like it argh...

thank you candyprincess, myabe last resort is to mtm liao.. but during mtm process my Fh will not be in town. i dun trust bs pple always have an idea tht they will say tings to thier benefit and also experience counts.. my co ordinator taste cant make it always selection those design for me to test which i doesnt like it argh...

you can bring your friends or siblings along for selection process.. i am sure they can give you some ideas.. :(

but sometimes too many people follow you to the BS and there'll be a lot of different opinions/comments until you may get confused yourself. as long you like the design and feel comfortable when you wear them then ok liao mah. :dunno:

when i chose the gowns only my hb followed me to the BS so that i could slowly choose until the ones i liked most. :unsure:

you can bring your friends or siblings along for selection process.. i am sure they can give you some ideas.. :dribble:

My bestfriend goes with me when I went to try gowns and even for the gown design sessions.

LL, you should update your signature liao. :D

cant update one, once i update its like say not enuf space :dancingqueen:

you can bring your friends or siblings along for selection process.. i am sure they can give you some ideas.. :D

paisay leh,everybody so bz lor. i try thanks for the tips :unsure:

but sometimes too many people follow you to the BS and there'll be a lot of different opinions/comments until you may get confused yourself. as long you like the design and feel comfortable when you wear them then ok liao mah. :notti:

when i chose the gowns only my hb followed me to the BS so that i could slowly choose until the ones i liked most. :drunk:

hey korea, when i taken up too much time i felt abit paisay. How long did you take? 3hours?

wow u hubby FU face :notti:

My bestfriend goes with me when I went to try gowns and even for the gown design sessions.

i always keep looking at my arms, i m very conscious on tat are..

i find tat most gown these days all tube style. all look alike.

cant update one, once i update its like say not enuf space :lol:

hey korea, when i taken up too much time i felt abit paisay. How long did you take? 3hours?

wow u hubby FU face :lol:

what you mean by taken up too much time? you mean changing or choosing gowns? what FU stands for? :)

ytd still still still same range to pick from sigh..

outdoor gown not much selection 8|

Fu = HOCK face la.

huh? what's hock face? :deal: