Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
obeygiant

Infrared Repeater

hi, anyone knows where to get an Infrared repeater in Singapore? im building a TV console and hiding all the electrical components from view and need to use a IR repeater to control the components.

for those of you thinking of doing the same thing, you can post here and if we need to get it from overseas, maybe we can get a bulk deal. thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You can find good IR repeater systems like Niles, Xantech, or Russound at sim lim or adelphi, those audio shops.

If you are keen to get those flush-mount (ie can put behind a piece of tinted glass on your cabinets/feature-wall) type of targets, then go to pay more lor. Otherwise usually its a small table-top design, akin those you see for wireless keyboards and mouse.

I think because the local shops are quite well-stock, getting directly from overseas won't save you alot of money, not forgetting warranty and technical support issues.

ive looked around but they dont seem to have the flush mount types. do you know which shops specifically at sim lim (tower or square?) and adelphi?

You can find good IR repeater systems like Niles, Xantech, or Russound at sim lim or adelphi, those audio shops.

If you are keen to get those flush-mount (ie can put behind a piece of tinted glass on your cabinets/feature-wall) type of targets, then go to pay more lor. Otherwise usually its a small table-top design, akin those you see for wireless keyboards and mouse.

I think because the local shops are quite well-stock, getting directly from overseas won't save you alot of money, not forgetting warranty and technical support issues.

hiya all...

pushing up this thread ...

i myself is also looking for the IR repeater.

Just shoppe around Sim Lim tower apparently no one seem to understand wat i am talking about.

Obeygiant, have you gotten yours ?

If you have could you please advice me regarding this?

Thanks

Eric

We found the Infrared repeater in Sim lim tower #B1-27. Quite a number of models and some AV transmitter there. The old man seems to be nice enough to give us some discount since we bought all our AV cables there