Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LouiseBrown

Fantasy Waterbed - Furniture Mall

Hi Forumers

Has any1 bought beds from Fantasy Waterbeds at Furniture Mall??

2 months ago, I bought a superior single wooden framed bed from the shop but told them that delivery will have to be deferred until my renovations are over.

This past few days, I had been calling them to confirm the delivery date.

They kept saying : "CNY shipments are coming but we can't confirm the date. My boss is out of the office..................blar....blar...."

Has any1 encountered this with them???

Will appreciate your response.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Forumers

Has any1 bought beds from Fantasy Waterbeds at Furniture Mall??

2 months ago, I bought a superior single wooden framed bed from the shop but told them that delivery will have to be deferred until my renovations are over.

This past few days, I had been calling them to confirm the delivery date.

They kept saying : "CNY shipments are coming but we can't confirm the date. My boss is out of the office..................blar....blar...."

Has any1 encountered this with them???

Will appreciate your response.

I bought my bed there 5 years ago when their office still at Turf City.

That time still ok leh...

I bought my bed there 5 years ago when their office still at Turf City.

That time still ok leh...

Hi Silver88

Thanks a million for your feedback. OK, the saleslady returned my call and said that they had one but it was not the natural wooden color of my order. She further explained that the store must had OVERSOLD and so sorry that the CNY shipment did not contain my order too.

Wah like that one! That leaves me with the only option - take the remaining piece and cut loss.

Actually, the saleslady sound very nice but GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

Learnt a lesson : Don't pre-order. Order and take delivery ASAP.

Cheers.

Juz visited your reno blog.

Wow, lucky U! 3-yr YOUNG flat with good view.

Fantasy Waterbed is a very well established company. A shame your problem occured but I would put it down as CNY rush that resulted in your wooden frame being sold to someone else. I would hesitate to adopt a mantra of not pre-ordering in future. There are just some stuff that you need to. No "one size fits all" approach to life.

Fantasy Waterbed is a very well established company. A shame your problem occured but I would put it down as CNY rush that resulted in your wooden frame being sold to someone else. I would hesitate to adopt a mantra of not pre-ordering in future. There are just some stuff that you need to. No "one size fits all" approach to life.

Hi Chunky Monkey

Thanks for your reply. Actually I was specifically referring to the pre-ordering of furniture and not other stuff as there would always be a need to pre-order some things. It is best to buy exquisite wooden and leather furniture on a 'as displayed' basis as the burls and grains are unique. BTW, U've a lovely new house at TM.

Sorry this post is made many years back but just have to share my experience here.. wondering if anyone else had similar issues?

Drawbacks of buying a waterbed:

1. If you are thinking of a waterbed, think about the hassle of moving. It is IMPOSSIBLE to move the bed without draining the GALLONS of water. Even moving the bed from one corner to another corner of the same room will cost you $250 and your time. If you need to remove the waterbed urgently, they may not fit you into their BUSY schedule. 

2. Water may leak from the bed even before the warranty is over. This company will tell you to live with a flooded room (i.e. use towels and newspaper) because their servicing guys are not working on Sunday or do the patching yourself. Then on Monday, arranged to come between 2 to 4pm (because the guys will have to come from another job in Sentosa) but called you at 3.45pm to say that they will reach after 4pm (because they are coming from Changi). A leakage from a waterbed clearly do not require their immediate attention and you'd have to understand because your request was a last minute one. Duh, who would anticipate a leaking bed and put in an advanced request! Nevermind your furniture (including flooring and electrical items) and the condition of your living quarters where your family member may slip on the wet floor or the horrid smell of damp towels and newspaper over the weekend.. 

3. A waterbed is a lifetime commitment and costly affair. You have to engage their service department for any moving done otherwise they reserve the right to void the warranty. You'd need to invest in a conditioner for the water in the bed regularly to maintain it and again, they may void the warranty for failure to do so. Even with a warranty at a later stage, you may need to pay for their transport to come over for the repair. 30 days warranty after the repair and you may need to pay again for them to come over if you experience another leakage. Worse still, even removal of the bed adds up.

But if you still decide to go ahead with the purchase after reading this, good luck! (because yes, the bed did serve us well for that first few years and the staff is always very cheerful and friendly.)