Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Samsung Full Hd Lcd

Hi all... I came across the samsung roadshow at marina square which seems to offer quite a gd deal, but am not sure if i shld get it nw since i only need the TV in mid march...

The models i m looking at are

1)LA40N81BX at $2789

Contrast ratio of 10000:1

2)LA40M81BX at $3169

Contrast ratio of 15000:1

3)LA40M81BDX (not sure of the exact price)

Contrast ratio of 15000:1 and comes with iDTV

All 3 model come with a free 26' LCD, 5yrs warranty(3 frm agent n 2 frm gaincity), n $160 voucher if i m not wrong... The warranty period is usually 3 yrs only, so the 5 yrs warranty given nw reali tempts me :dribble:

The dilema nw is shld i get it during the roadshow nw? N if i were to get it nw, which model shld i go for?

Hope someone can share their experience n knowledge with me :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wait until when you need it and don't buy now. New models always updated. There is an IT show during March so even better prices & freebies expected.

I also bought mine 3mths before i moved in and by the time i received the tv it is almost obsolete and much lower price.

Hi all... I came across the samsung roadshow at marina square which seems to offer quite a gd deal, but am not sure if i shld get it nw since i only need the TV in mid march...

The models i m looking at are

1)LA40N81BX at $2789

Contrast ratio of 10000:1

2)LA40M81BX at $3169

Contrast ratio of 15000:1

3)LA40M81BDX (not sure of the exact price)

Contrast ratio of 15000:1 and comes with iDTV

All 3 model come with a free 26' LCD, 5yrs warranty(3 frm agent n 2 frm gaincity), n $160 voucher if i m not wrong... The warranty period is usually 3 yrs only, so the 5 yrs warranty given nw reali tempts me :dribble:

The dilema nw is shld i get it during the roadshow nw? N if i were to get it nw, which model shld i go for?

Hope someone can share their experience n knowledge with me :notti:

Wait until when you need it and don't buy now. New models always updated. There is an IT show during March so even better prices & freebies expected.

I also bought mine 3mths before i moved in and by the time i received the tv it is almost obsolete and much lower price.

N81 will likely not going to drop a lot during the IT show bcoz is samsung 1st full HD TV. The main highlight will be the M series, like to cut a few hundred during the show.

There is a threshold price for FULL HD. Unlikely will go below 2.3k this yr

For technology, buy around the time you need it. Price is always dropping. Don't be fooled by the specs. Look at the actual display and choose the one your eyes like. Also, ask the salesman to display normal TV mode, HD5 and HD quality (Blue ray or HD DVD).

For technology, buy around the time you need it. Price is always dropping. Don't be fooled by the specs. Look at the actual display and choose the one your eyes like. Also, ask the salesman to display normal TV mode, HD5 and HD quality (Blue ray or HD DVD).

Ya boy!!

Thks alot for all the above advice... I have decided to hold back my purchase till the date comes nearer... However, i have heard quite alot of -ve comments on samsung LCDs like bad after svc, pdt not lasting etc... Nw i m wondering if i shld juz spend abit more n get a sony brand instead?

Hi... Wat do u guys think abt this model LA40M81BDX? Is it worth getting? N what is the built-in digital TV tuner for? Does it offer better resolution when watching SCV programs? Any comments wil b welcomed :dunno:

I prefer the N81 model over the M81 model. M81 has richer colors but I don't like the glass like panel than gives reflection. But this is just a personal preference as I know many will choose M81 over N81. :good: Hoping IT show the N81 model got some good deal.

The built-in digital TV tuner does not make the program look better. The program must be in HD format. I am not sure about it's compatibility with HD5 channel and I don't think it's compatible with Starhub's HD channel either. Correct me if I am wrong.