Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evisu

Bamboo Blinds For Balcony ( Exposed To Sun & Rain)

hihi,

Anyone did bamboo blinds for their balcony?? I'm having a open concept balcony with timber decking flooring.. But i realised when the rains get heavy, it wil mess up the entire flooring.. Can the bamboo blind minimise the rain that's coming in?

Also, i need some contacts for doing this..

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

IMO, bamboo blinds (plus point is that it's very affordable) trap alot of dirt and is difficult to clean. In a very heavy downpour, rain can still seep through. And over time, look bad due to wear and tear.

What I did for my mother's home a couple of years ago, was to install a clear PVC roller blind. It does however, cut out alot of air flow. (note: a terrace house and not a HDB balcony).

I suspect however, that over time, whatever you choose to install, you will end up not using much of it. Reason being ... the hassle of putting down the blinds before you leave your home, or forgetting to put down the blinds before you leave your home, and the rain comes pouring in.

If you're using Chengai timber, they're going to last you 5 - 7 years anyway. (maybe more, since it's not directly exposed in the harsh sunlight and rain). So I think the best thing to do, is to do nothing, and enjoy your open balcony. :curse:

IMO, bamboo blinds (plus point is that it's very affordable) trap alot of dirt and is difficult to clean. In a very heavy downpour, rain can still seep through. And over time, look bad due to wear and tear.

What I did for my mother's home a couple of years ago, was to install a clear PVC roller blind. It does however, cut out alot of air flow. (note: a terrace house and not a HDB balcony).

I suspect however, that over time, whatever you choose to install, you will end up not using much of it. Reason being ... the hassle of putting down the blinds before you leave your home, or forgetting to put down the blinds before you leave your home, and the rain comes pouring in.

If you're using Chengai timber, they're going to last you 5 - 7 years anyway. (maybe more, since it's not directly exposed in the harsh sunlight and rain). So I think the best thing to do, is to do nothing, and enjoy your open balcony. :sport-smiley-004:

Bamboo chicks now come with the option of a clear PVC sheet on the side facing out to completely prevent rain from coming in..