Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vin13

Air purifier

Trying to find out more about Air Purifier in the forum but find the older topics are being deleted...

Anyway, everyone care to share/recommend the brand of purifier you are using at home? Intending to get one to clean up the air in the house... have been suffering really bad nasal allergies every other day, once I get off the medication :( ... did wat we could, thorough housekeeping every week etc.. but seems like I'm still allergic to my house.. :dunno:

Currently looking at the Austin Healthmate purifier. Anyone using this? Was told that the conventional purifier with ion and UV functions produce small amount of ozone. Small amount but is still harmful to our lungs if we inhale it in the long run

solutions_airpurifiers.gif

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Many doctor offices use this..

http://www.germitrol.com/

Thanks yoongf :D

was looking for a air purifier and now I've got a air steriliser... had requested for a quote and shall wait and see if the price is right. Notice it function by trapping the micro-organisms in the filters and killing them in the UV light chamber... it's works alittle like the pest killer i'm using... :P

Last time got 1 promotor recomend me delphin vaccum cleanner . Say can be use as a air purifier . Not sure how true . But in the end also din buy cos abit too exp

Wow.. the Austin Healthmate purifier looks like it takes up alot of space.

vin13, is the germitrol sold at retail outlets? how's the experience so far?

i'm looking more for a air filter (those hepa ones), ionizer / uv are secondary actually - best is those kind that takes up little standing space & can be easily washed.

I've shopped around and found a few like honeywell and lg , but they seem quite big!

My neighbour just showed me hers (philips) which she got from audiohouse at a sale this weekend - it looks good too, just that i'm not too sure what factors i should be looking out for . (i have sinus , sensitive nose and a bad throat)...

Thanks!

Hi Jas 83,

Do you intend to place the purifier in the bedrm or living rm? Maybe you want to take into consideration the coverage area and air change cycle.

The Austin Healthmate is not really very big… as compared to the Bluair range and it comes with wheels.. can wheel around. My boss is using Austin Healthmate in his office and he seems pretty satisfied with it since he has pretty bad asthma. The hepa filters lasted him pretty long, close to 5 years.. so the maintenance is pretty minimal.

Was told that for ppl with asthma, is not advisable for them to have the ionizer function. So, what set me aside from the Austin are the price and the lack of ionizer function.

I have gone thru the germitrol brochures…and found that it is better for killing air-borne germs that causes sickness (maybe good for swine flu?)… but I will need the machine to pick up dustmites, moulds spores and other allergens in the air.

We have looked at a few models from Bluair, Honeywell and Sharp… Bluair is super quiet and has very powerful air suction but at the same time, filters need to be replaced very frequently…9 months to a year.. and the size is real bulky. While Honeywell by far is the noisiest when we tested it out at best denki.. I think is not so ideal for bedrms.

Now we are considering the Sharp FU-S51E.. the suction is not bad, relatively quiet and considering the price, it is made in japan.

Sharing my experience..

SHARP is good (if made in Japan) and expensive (LOL). Had been using the one bought during SARs time, still working, except the need to change the PEPA filter that cost a bomb! Maintenance was easy, just vacuum the external filter.

Honeywell is noisy but effective. Bought it cos the salesperson said it's used in local hospital. Pros - No need to change the filter (as advice by salesperson), but I occasionally took out to brush away the trapped dust... Cannot believe no maintenance at all..

Mist of the purifiers you will come across a pretry expensive but sadly not all of them.owrform to the best standand. so i recommend that  you do your best to look for checklist such as ones with fan, noise e.t.c  better still just check out this review site here to get better insight about the whole air purifier business  http://www.jenreviews.com/best-air-purifier/

Good luck.

Edited by natiko