Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aunty

Contractor Mia

having a bad bad experience with the house renovation. the contractor juz went m.i.a like tat... worst of all, he's our frenz; my hubby veri good buddy. we are so worry bout the house now. the permit was applied last april, and up to now, the house is still yet to complete. tat's no black and white and 95% of the payment has been made.... believe we are in deep **** now.. all i have is some receipts that he gave to me. however, there's no invoice number on the receipt. we went to his house, and the brother seems to be keeping things from us... wat can we do right now???

our main concern is to get the basic stuffs done first... we have been delaying the delivery of the furniture until ....... and we are so so stress bout it..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
having a bad bad experience with the house renovation. the contractor juz went m.i.a like tat... worst of all, he's our frenz; my hubby veri good buddy. we are so worry bout the house now. the permit was applied last april, and up to now, the house is still yet to complete. tat's no black and white and 95% of the payment has been made.... believe we are in deep **** now.. all i have is some receipts that he gave to me. however, there's no invoice number on the receipt. we went to his house, and the brother seems to be keeping things from us... wat can we do right now???

our main concern is to get the basic stuffs done first... we have been delaying the delivery of the furniture until ....... and we are so so stress bout it..

Hi, no point waiting. Engage another contractor to get the work done and move in.

You will stress more if you continue to drag further.

Hi, no point waiting. Engage another contractor to get the work done and move in.

You will stress more if you continue to drag further.

I agree.

Separate the two matters now; finish up the house, and settle the problem with the contractor later.

Ya agree too.....April till now is too long already...Betta get it done soon...

After tat can settle it with him, either privately or via legal means...

Edited by karen77sg

Hey aunty,

s ur user nick suggest, u shd be a wise housewife who noes e market well & noes how 2 bargain & noes how $$$ can works wonder in dis real world. :dancingqueen:

Not 2 say veri gd buddy! Even blood siblings olso sue one another b.cos of $$$. Somemore u got no black & white (written agreement signed by both parties).

Without any written agreement or prove, its only your words versus his words, kinda near impossible to claim back your $$$.

Aniway, s suggested by vowsh, zirhk3355, karen77sg...

its best 2 get another contractor 2 finish up e remaining reno works.

But dun 4get, dis new contractor u gona ngage, is costing u another reno amount on-top of e previous 95% u'v paid.

My writing/words may not b nice 2 read/hear, but u gota face it, its e Reality of This World. By waiting, u'l loose even more.

:notti:

now, need of contractor now to finish up the **** left behind. any good and cheap contractor to recommend??? most of the materials are in the unit except for ceiling work and kitchen top. hope the price is not too x