Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

'kai Men' - On The Very First Day Before Renovation

do we do all these when opening door the 1st time after collecting the key from hdb or after reno 1st day move in ?

theoretically, we only 'connect' to the unit when we start living in it right ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

so it has been 2.5 years from the last post. anyone having any changes in their life thus so far?

Ya la, I hoseh hoseh liao

hi all, just wondering if my arrangement is fine?

1. once the current owner move out, will go clean the house and paint the whole house

2. once all nicely done up, move in all our stuff but not staying there yet

3. on the chosen auspicious date, put in red cloth,open the door, sprinkle salt and rice and start staying there

That's all as I probably wont follow the rest of the ritual. Thank u so much :)

many are using white sage to cleanse the home... must get the premium white sage. I get from sacredsagesg

1. once the current owner move out, perform home cleansing to remove any negative luck or energy left by previous owner before starting anything.

2. once all nicely done up, perform home cleansing again to remove any negative luck or energy left during renovation before move in all the stuff

3. routinely if possible once every 2 week recharge the home luck by cleansing the home.

Dear all,after reading the 2 full pages, i have collected these detailed findings from your posts.is this correct?i have read that sprinkling the salt on them is painful, so have to pray first, place fruits first then sprinkle?OR i should sprinkle first, then pray???below compiled for the convience of others:* Find a auspicious date and time according to your baizi.* Only immediate families allow to go in. No outsiders.* After that, cannot enter for 3 days. eg) monday open door, wait until thur can open door??)Things to bring1) 1 Pineapple (wan li) (to row into your house) say something good word like huat ah!!2) 5 Red Apples or kum (ji xiang ru yi)3) Grapes4) Bananas5) Fa Gao6) Charcoal (wrap in red paper)All put in the middle of the living room.7) Salt and Rice (to sprinkle all over the house incl toilet, storeroom, all rooms)8) Burn Joss Stick (incl. 2 wax candles) and burn incense paper (middle of the house beside the offerings): for BuddhistProcedure1) Prepare & bring all 8 items above & 大悲咒水2) Open the door (by house owners only) and say nice things (huat, ping an etc).3) Before step in, say I am the new owner and will be living here from now onward, whoever that is staying inside please move out now, I will burn some offerings for you, thanks. 4) When open the door, immediately row the pineapple to the living room. 5) Now enter the door6) Then go in, pick the pineapple up and place it with the rest of the fruits in middle of living room7) Open windows and Wait for a while before burn the incenses paper. Remember do not let any strangers come in.8) Burn incense paper in a container in the middle of living room beside the fruits9) Pray in middle of house + all 4 corners = just say EXCUSE me need to do renovation, say our name,bought this house and will be moving in. Than say a lot of good words like pin an lah, etc10) Sprinkle rice, salt and 大悲咒水 at all corners of the house. ( once you enter the hosue & spinkle 大悲咒水, it will be very painful for them.)While sprinkling the water, chant the following: 觀世音菩薩心咒(六字大明咒) 嗡。 嘛 呢 叭 咪 吽 Oh ma ni pei me ohm11) leave house intact for 3 days12) Outside the maindoor: After completed, burn incense paper on the outside of the house. 13) Return only after 3 days. After 3 days, bring a big plastic. We open the door again and discard the fruits beside a tree, left 1 pineapple at main door

Hi,

May I ask if we need to knock our main door before open the door? Do the ritual offering items need to bring to a temple for blessing first? I know this might be a stupid question, do we need to be bilingual (mandarin & english) when we saying we are the owner to the house and invite "them" to move out?

hi missuswind

your questions are "worrisome" as you attempt to find the details. Let me give u an analogy.

1. I invite lion dance to my home each cny, in today 2015, this is my first try on "dot-lion eye" process.

2. If you search the internet, there are many myths and superstitious on the "dot-lion eye"process. Being Chinese, we tends to enjoy it.

3. BUT BUT BUT ..why dot lion-eye ? Or Kai Kwang (yours will be Kai Men instead) ? - The answers lies because I support lion dance activities and clan, and I pay 2 lion heads (because lion heads will have wear and tear) and they need a sponsor !. Simple answer : it is basically ensuring the troupes have nice new lion head to use and to support the ART .

Back to your questions on Kai Men, all you need to do is just use a key and open the door. Then plan a suitable reno date on those items u need to fix. If you are really concerned about Chinese myths details (you are not wrong, u are entitle to believe it), get a fs master and then u will much happier doing it.

hi missuswind

your questions are "worrisome" as you attempt to find the details. Let me give u an analogy.

1. I invite lion dance to my home each cny, in today 2015, this is my first try on "dot-lion eye" process.

2. If you search the internet, there are many myths and superstitious on the "dot-lion eye"process. Being Chinese, we tends to enjoy it.

3. BUT BUT BUT ..why dot lion-eye ? Or Kai Kwang (yours will be Kai Men instead) ? - The answers lies because I support lion dance activities and clan, and I pay 2 lion heads (because lion heads will have wear and tear) and they need a sponsor !. Simple answer : it is basically ensuring the troupes have nice new lion head to use and to support the ART .

Back to your questions on Kai Men, all you need to do is just use a key and open the door. Then plan a suitable reno date on those items u need to fix. If you are really concerned about Chinese myths details (you are not wrong, u are entitle to believe it), get a fs master and then u will much happier doing it.

Hi Kalimantan,

As this is our first time having our very own house, so hope everything goes well and smooth be it during the reno process or our stay. Although we know by doing so doesn't mean it guaranteed what we hope, but at least we did what we can to 求个安心. :)

We also know these are the Chinese taboo belief, but we 宁可信其有,不可信其无.

Edited by missuswind

Dear All,

Do we do this before or after renovation? :)

Hi Everybody

I am sure everybody will go thru this eagerly.

After reading thru the topics, this is what I find.

Please advise what actual steps need to do.

My finding:

1) Find a auspicious date and time according to your baizi.

2) Only immediate families allow to go in. No outsiders.

3) After that, cannot enter for 3 days. eg) monday open door, wait until thur can open door??)

4) Things to bring:

a) 1 Pineapple (wan li) (to row into your house) say something good word like huat ah!!

b) 5 Red Apples or kum (ji xiang ru yi)

c) Grapes

d) Bananas

e) Fa Gao

f) Charcoal (wrap in red paper)

All put in the middle of the living room.

5) Salt and Rice (to sprinkle all over the house)

6) Burn Joss Stick and burn incense paper (middle of the house): for buddhist

My questions:

1) Is the above correct?

2) After 3 days, we open the door again and can bring all the fruits back home?

3) item 6 need to have 2 red wax candles?

4) Need to pray outside the main door?

Thanks everybody!!

HAPPY

Kai Men is simple & easy, thereafter otherwise:

开门七件事:

柴、米、油、盐、酱、醋、茶 :notti:

Edited by bepgof

Kai Men is simple & easy, thereafter otherwise:

开门七件事:

柴、米、油、盐、酱、醋、茶 :notti:

Haha...

Much I wld love to hv abundant of 柴、米、油、盐、酱、醋、茶. I'm running out of bananas to monkey with the 太岁爷。

Mind if I check with u or u guys whether there is any ethical practitioner who is good at date selection and cut all craps/ritual in their practice?

I'm getting my keys soon. Do advice. Thanks :)

Nowadays no more 柴. May I know what do you use as replacement? Thanks.

What mediums do we use for cooking these days?

Gas, electricity,charcoal......all these need $$$$! 'after kai men'!.