Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cyprusblade

Marble Table Bad Feng Shui?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not to be disrespectful to FS, but I need to say that I grew up in my parents' home that always has this round marble table set with 10 round marble stools/seats. This dining table set moved with us across 2 homes. So the comment about bad FS puzzles the h*ll out of me.

And I read the pointers stated in the website above, and may I also say that I have violated 90% of what's stated there. And I make no apology for it. I do not let FS run my life. Period.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Is it true that a marble table is bad feng shui? I quite like the old fashioned round marble table but I read here, under point 12: http://www.fengshuiqueen.com/abtfs/fs_unplug/thehome.html

:notti: dumbest thing i ever come across....

marble in 5 elements is basically earth.

earth generally is good for metal element as well as all other elements that needs it.

:D dumbest thing i ever come across....

earth generally is good for metal element as well as all other elements that needs it.

heng ah, if not i don't know what to do with my marble table liao :D

heng ah, if not i don't know what to do with my marble table liao :D

one of the many reasons why lots of pple misunderstood/pissed off by fengshui is bcos of conmen fsms anyhow say this cannot, say that cannot - without the basic knowledge of 5 elements.

I think the article says "IF..."

IMO there is no across-board FS advice for everyone; what's good for you may be bad for me, depends on our elements. For eg my FSM says our red sofa is good for wifey and me...

If so easy can apply across-board, then FSM no need to "tan-jiak" liao...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

12) If you have a lot of work pressure, maybe it's the marble table that you have in your dinning room that causes you to have those problems. Remove that marble table and change to a wooden one or alternatively live with that work pressure !

__________________________________________________________________________________________

the sentence she wrote seems to imply to everyone who has a marble table + work pressure. :dancingqueen:

marble table good for Metal person. + some wood and earth pple

:dancingqueen: dumbest thing i ever come across....

Mace. I feel relieved aft seeing yr input...cos my hse hv a round marble top dinning table...

I think the article says "IF..."

IMO there is no across-board FS advice for everyone; what's good for you may be bad for me, depends on our elements. For eg my FSM says our red sofa is good for wifey and me...

If so easy can apply across-board, then FSM no need to "tan-jiak" liao...

Agree, agree.....depends v much on our bazi too...

I feel that it really depend whether we are comfortable with that piece of furniture. For me, I hate glass dinning table and coffee table as I have ever tripped into the glass coffee table and shattered the furniture.

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

oh, i didn't know about marble table and FS relationship until i just read this thread. what about those ppl whose house floor is marble, how? major pressure coz area even bigger? :dribble:

the table and coffee table that i chosen must not have glass at all as scare kids will accidentally break it and hurt themselves.

oh, i didn't know about marble table and FS relationship until i just read this thread. what about those ppl whose house floor is marble, how? major pressure coz area even bigger? :)

the table and coffee table that i chosen must not have glass at all as scare kids will accidentally break it and hurt themselves.

heng nowadays kids dont play marble liao or else bad also huh? :D

Thanks for all your comments. I was just wondering if such is really true as most of us who stayed with our grandparents/parents, it was common to have a marble dinning table.

I really love having an old fashioned marble table so I'll just go ahead and buy it. Anyway my motto is it's only true if you believe it.

Was good to hear everyone's take on it :P