Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Comments Of Fisher N Paykel Fridge

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi... I have shortlisted 1 of the fisher n paykel fridge, but m not sure of its reliability... Any comments wil b greatly appreciated :D

I am using a F&P fridge for the last 6 yrs and had a lot of problems with it starting from year 3. I would not recommend it to anyone. :)

I am using a F&P fridge for the last 6 yrs and had a lot of problems with it starting from year 3. I would not recommend it to anyone. :D

wat were the problems u started encountering fr year 3 onwards?

i've been using my F & P 7.5 kg washer for 2.5 years. So far very good.

I am using a F&P fridge for the last 6 yrs and had a lot of problems with it starting from year 3. I would not recommend it to anyone. :D

I've encounter problem after about 2 yrs , the temperature sensor multfunction and one of the compressor is damage because of the sensor. Feel like giving up but somehow still survive, sometime the compress noise a bit irritating.

wat were the problems u started encountering fr year 3 onwards?

i've been using my F & P 7.5 kg washer for 2.5 years. So far very good.

The fridge compartment stops cooling completely, but the freezer remains cold. First time happened called F&P down, changed some circuit boards and fan all NOT under warranty (only compressor is warranty more than 1 year), few months later again same problem. Problem is that the coils and motor inside the freezer keeps icing up, and when it does the fridge compartment stops working, so short term fix had to defrost freezer every few months. Had a few more unsuccessful repair attempts until last one 1-2 yrs back, got a 3rd party repairman to come look at it, dunno what he changed but luckily has been behaving itself since then, just makes some noise now and then. But I told myself next time it breaks down, its junking time. Dunno how much I spent on repair bills plus so much spoilt food thrown away over the years. :notti:

Compared to my previous General Electric (American made) fridge, problem free for almost 20 years, still working when it was taken away by the karang guni man....

oops, just realised thread starter was asking for comments for F & P fridge and I blur blur posted abt F & P washer. Sorry abt that.

Looks like the fridge got problems hor but I do understand the plus point of getting a F & P fridge is that it has got 3 or 4 ticks for electric saving right?

Haha... U r right... I m keen in the model becos of the low energy consumption, but it looks like i shld reali look into other brands :)

There are other brands of refrigerators with also 3 or 4 ticks efficiency, think Mitsubishi Electric has some models in this category. Might even be cheaper than F&P.

There are other brands of refrigerators with also 3 or 4 ticks efficiency, think Mitsubishi Electric has some models in this category. Might even be cheaper than F&P.

yup, i still prefer Mitshibushi Electric but the better ones are more expensive then F & P but I wld rather got for it.

oops, just realised thread starter was asking for comments for F & P fridge and I blur blur posted abt F & P washer. Sorry abt that.

Looks like the fridge got problems hor but I do understand the plus point of getting a F & P fridge is that it has got 3 or 4 ticks for electric saving right?

when i was shopping for a F&P fridge (bcos of their low consumption), not 1 but 2 shops(reliable ones) told me to get other brands. got a hitachi instead.

For F&P fridge, unless you are a very low consumption user, meaning u dun open your fridge often, its very energy saving, but if you cooked alot or always open and close your fridge, F&P is not that energy saving anymore, ended up, i took my mum's advise and got a mitsubishi fridge, since for the past 13 years we have been using the same mitsubishi fridge..

suggest you stick to japanese brands like Panasonic and Mitsubishi, or maybe Hitachi. They are much more durable...especially Panasoni (National). We can talk about 10-15 years min lifespan.....

Hi all... Thk you so much for all your feedback on F & P fridge... I have decided to give it a miss n go for the more reliable japanese brand... Reali appreciate all the comments given :dancingqueen:

I was about to place order for the F & P fridge this sat, until I came across this page. Make me really re-consider my decision....

But out of curiousity, I went to Best, then they are telling me that there will be a 5 yrs warranty for this brand, which is a much longer warranty as comparing to the other brands. Forgot to ask, what they warranty on. Anyone care to share their experience?

I was about to place order for the F & P fridge this sat, until I came across this page. Make me really re-consider my decision....

But out of curiousity, I went to Best, then they are telling me that there will be a 5 yrs warranty for this brand, which is a much longer warranty as comparing to the other brands. Forgot to ask, what they warranty on. Anyone care to share their experience?

I can't recall all but compressor was 5 yr. I think if other parts are not cover and usually it spoil earlier then the cost of repair would be high. Anyway most manufacturer had 5 yr on compressor. Sharp Fridge also not bad , nice and cheaper too.

Edited by genesis