Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Recommendation For Refrigerator

Need recommendation for a fridge.

1. Budget $2000.

2. Family of 4 greedy adults so need a big one. Update: due to space contraints my fridge base width can only be 800mm. So need a fridge of not more than 700mm width with as much storage space as possible.

3. Must have at least 3 ticks for energy-saving label.

4. Must look nice with silver colour or stainless-steel colour exterior.

5. Prefer the exterior to be sleek and not complicated by ugly looking water-dispensor/ice-dispensor.

No time to shop around and need to give my ID the dimensions liao so hope could get advice here.

Edited by GaaraOfTheSand

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Fisher and Paykel E522. 473L, 3 ticks, 5 years warranty on compressor, 2 years comprehensive and less than S$2000 for iridium or stainless steel finish last I know.

E522

Need recommendation for a fridge.

1. Budget $2000.

2. Family of 4 greedy adults so need a big one.

3. Must have at least 3 ticks for energy-saving label.

4. Must look nice with silver colour or stainless-steel colour exterior.

5. Prefer the exterior to be sleek and not complicated by ugly looking water-dispensor/ice-dispensor.

No time to shop around and need to give my ID the dimensions liao so hope could get advice here.

Hi all... Is there any particular brand or model that is worth recommending?

Your nick sunshine, hope you've nothing to do with sunshine enterprise hor...

My 13 yrs old toshiba with quick freeze function is still running strong :sport-smiley-003: . Has it since I moved in day 1 and looking bad, my oldest child already 14yo now. :sport-smiley-004:

Suggest using Japanese/Korean brands

Have been researching and asking about the difference btw Asian and Continental brands

LG/Samsung/Mitsubishi/Panasonic/Hitachi etc seem to be more suitable and cost effective for Singapore

Aiya weather so hot, the fridge also buay tahan

Aunt was using GE fridge while another friend was using Bosch fridge

both always leak

nothing to do with the fridge just that weather too hot

Going to visit the Mitsubishi showroom next week

:sport-smiley-003:

Hi, I am thinking of getting a side-by-side fridge cos we really like its sleek design. But their interior are not very spacious, esp those which come with water/ice dispenser.

Any recommendation of side-by-side fridge with spacious interior?

The space allocated for a fridge in our new home is super tiny (L690 x D550 x H900). As such, this really limits the type of fridge we can buy. Been looking around the usual places and I quite like the Panasonic one because it fits our budget and space constraint. Can't remember the model now (got it written down in my notebook somewhere). It looks like this:

NR-B402V-S6_wi.jpg

Anyone is currently using it? Feedback/comments? I like it that the freezer is at the bottom because I can foresee us (only me and fiance) using the top area more often (drinks, eggs, chocolates, etc). ;)

I'd like to get a similar kind of fridge too because I think we'd use that compartment more often and we don't have to bend as much since the compartment is not in the middle section.

I'm actually now considering a Mitsubishi T series. It also has the freezer at the bottom.

fridge3.jpg

Hi ene,

I believe you are talking about the Panasonic 403v fridge. Well just got my yesterday and so far so good. The fridge is very quiet. Not a bad choice if you ask my option.

Cheers

my place for fridge is even tinier....

cuz under the top kitchen cabinet.

I can squeeze a max height of 170cm and max width 70cm, severely limiting the choices.

Anyway, why there are few Fisher and Paykel recommendation?

I thought it is the most energy efficient fridge available...

Any past user bad/ good experience on F&P?

Congrats on the W-Class. By the way, is it 3 ticks or 2 ticks? Cause I once saw the Titanium Stainless W-Class and they put 3 ticks on it when all the while I've ben seeing 2 ticks on the W-class for the other colors.

Congrats on the W-Class. By the way, is it 3 ticks or 2 ticks? Cause I once saw the Titanium Stainless W-Class and they put 3 ticks on it when all the while I've ben seeing 2 ticks on the W-class for the other colors.

Thanks! Not sure the W class has how many ticks. I need a bigger fridge and I like Mitsubishi though it's more expensive than other Japanese makes.

I bought a Samsung RT41 (410L gross) for below $550 from Clementi Electronics Centre (got it slightly cheaper because I also bought washing machine from them). It is a newer model and is currently the most value for money mid-size fridge - $ vs size, features and energy consumption (three ticks) wise.

Yeah, I ended up with the Panasonic NR-B402V. I think my delivery was the last shipment of the lot. Just got it last weekend! So, the next shipments should be the B403V model. :)

Got mine from *spam. So far so good. Enough internal space and functions that meets my requirements. Also it fits into my kitchen area nicely.

Did a quick recalculation from the NEA website based on the latest Power Tariffs of 1Kwh / $23.88 and I'm looking at an estimated energy cost of $148 yearly. Using the same tariffs, the 403V comes up at $142.

currently our home's fridge is acting funny.

its been with us for the past 7 years. its a sharp model and back then it doesn't have the 3 ticks thing so i do not know how much electricity it helps us to save and all that.

question

so based on the NEA website when they quote the estimated yearly energy cost, that means your Panasonic NR-B402V only consume electricity costing you $142 a year?

thats about a little more than $10 a month?!?!?!

am i reading that correctly? i mean currently for my home the electrical bill for our 3 bedroom flat is close to $80 - 100 a month. and i believe most of the electricity usage should be from the fridge.

so that means for that samsung RT41...

Samsung RT41MAMT Refrigerator with freezer 3 330L 611kWh $146

where $146 is Estimated Energy Cost (Annual Energy Consumption)

is that... correct???