Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bayshore

Walk-in Wardrobe

Hi, anyone did walk-in wardrobe? Need some advice here.

Is this walk-in concept practical? Will it get dusty easily?? White colour or dark brown is better for maintenance?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, anyone did walk-in wardrobe? Need some advice here.

Is this walk-in concept practical? Will it get dusty easily?? White colour or dark brown is better for maintenance?

My bro-in-law just redo his walk-in wardrobe to the normal type. His complain is that everything get dusty every easily. That was his main complain. Than everything got to pack nice nice loh coz you know, everyone see walk-in wardrobe want to take a look, so if never pack nice nice not so good.

I did walk-in wardrobe too. I think my T-blog as a picture of it. You can take a look at it to get a rough picture. It's not very big, just a normal size WIW.

If you need more pics, let me know I will try to upload them. Abt getting dusty...not really lor. Quite ok for me, i usually wipe all the wardrobe cupboards in my house once every 1-2 months. Even normal cupboards/wardrobes do get dusty if you don't wipe them regularly.

Edited by hasibee

Hi I have a L-shaped walk in wardrobe too...everyweek i give it a dust with the feather duster...as my wiw is just outside the toilet...i also take precautions to prevent mould by putting two Hippos...hee..

I think the clothes get more dusty than hidden with a cupboard with doors...but a WIW was a dream I had to realise in my new home...hehe...the convenience of coming out from the toilet and changing direct is also another factor...

Besides our cosy platform, our WIW is also one of the favourite feature of our home!

:dancingqueen:

I made a WIW, but I added doors for the wardrobe as well.

Didn't want it to be open shelves, else will get quite dusty.

Hi smartfool..

Yes its quoted just like any carpentry works in the house...damage was a about $3K inclusive of all accessories. We can specify how many drawers, how many shelves, height of each drawer, etc.

:P

Hi, need some advice on WIW.

We will be having a WIW in our MBR. Due to the configuration of the room layout, it will be two rows of cupboard (4.5 feet each) with a walkway of 1m in betwen. We are thinking of making a velvet curtain instead of a door (to save cost).

Is 9 feet a bit small for a WIW? And will the velvet curtain be able to shield off the dust?

i have a 8 feet wiw, (4 on each side), it is enough if it is for 1 person.

will the velvet curtain make the wiw very hot and humid?

Just read this thread on WIW. ...very good infos.

Hmm,.... never occured to me that a WIW could be hot and humid inside.

I intend to make a WIW : 2 rows of cabinets, 4.5 feet each, with a walking space in-between the cabinets of approx 3 feet in width. Intend to make a sliding glass door to close off the WIW.

At the other end of the WIW is the toilet, thus when I get out of the toilet, I will access the WIW immediately.

After the WIW, will be my MBR.

Any comments on the above layout please ?

Just read this thread on WIW. ...very good infos.

Hmm,.... never occured to me that a WIW could be hot and humid inside.

I intend to make a WIW : 2 rows of cabinets, 4.5 feet each, with a walking space in-between the cabinets of approx 3 feet in width. Intend to make a sliding glass door to close off the WIW.

At the other end of the WIW is the toilet, thus when I get out of the toilet, I will access the WIW immediately.

After the WIW, will be my MBR.

Any comments on the above layout please ?

There are feedback from other threads that the WIW next to toilet will cause your clothes to feel damped unless you put in sufficient ventilation to extract the moisture from the toilet....

For me, I've reconsidered and decided to shift the toilet door.

wiw got pros and cons lor... like my case my mother always open the wardrobe door for ventilation, so no no point have a door .. but true enough will have abit dust if not enclosed..if yours is near toilet there then will be a bit mouldy like my aunt's house, so she buy a dehymifier?? :unsure:

will it be a good idea to have WIW if i seldom have the time to do house cleaning?

like the idea of WIW but seems that it is very dusty from what i read.