Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gerald28

Fridge & Washing Machine

Hi guys Im looking for this 2 items , for fridge many people around me recommend me fisher & parkel but then again this forums proved me otherwise any advice?

And for washing machine , wat to recommend top or front loader ? any major difference? And the brand to go for thought of buying a fisher and parkel too but then again plp comdem this name , so guys any of you using this brand and how is it tks guy

delimeea here hahaha cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am using Thomson slim type (those suppose to be front load but slim and open from the top). Quite good, finally died after...gosh...can remember how long...but was a looong time....more than 8 years definitely. So tempted to get another Thomson but now very tight budget so also no sure how.

I prefer this slim type. I am still using the dryer.

I am using Thomson slim type (those suppose to be front load but slim and open from the top). Quite good, finally died after...gosh...can remember how long...but was a looong time....more than 8 years definitely. So tempted to get another Thomson but now very tight budget so also no sure how.

I prefer this slim type. I am still using the dryer.

your dryer also the slim type?

me using the same washer as you, but the 5kg load restriction is a little small :dancingqueen:

if got slim dryer then i can get a bigger washer liao

btw, you can consider brandt, almost the same but slightly cheaper since they are the 'same' company :P

Yup, the slim dryer still serves me well till today! A little cranky at times but hey, after so many years, it deserves to be a little cranky.

5kg for me is ok, small family, think just nice. Brandt and Thomson 'same' company? Hmm...ok, I will go take a look at their model and compare pricing. Thanks!

Currently I'm using a F&P now for fridge, Electrolux for washer & dryer, but it's only been a month, so far so good. My last fridge was a GE, very good, because I've downgrade to a smaller flat, so I've pass it to my sis, till now total abt 10 or 11yrs still in good working condition.

So decided to give F& P a try, sometime I think electrical stuff depends a bit on luck too, from the same factory, some might be in tip top condition, some due to faulty parts....

What ever u decided, good luck. :~

hey bro you may be spot on because same brand but some got the faulty set and condemm it some got the good ones and praise it all the way tks bro and good luck too :deal:

hello, I agree with applefreak, you should check out Brandt, its basically similar to Thomson, but cheaper. I heard there are some package deal for both Washer and Dryer.

As for Fisher & Paykel, I think its ok, I have a friend who bought a E411T recently. But for me, I prefer Mitsubishi. The one I am using is really good, and apparently its also very energy efficient.

Due to space constraints I am on the lookout for a Washer-cum-Dryer.

Don't know much about washing machines so I'm hoping for some helpful suggestions.

Basically below are the models I am considering:

Electrolux EW1290

Any one used the Electrolux EW1290 Washer/Dryer before? Its has a 6.5kg/3kg capacity. But I heard there's a new model out, the EW1292W. Does anyone know the difference?

Samsung WDB1255 has a 6.5kg/3kg and looks tempting. Anyone familiar with their quality and reliability?

Brandt WVD24520GB 5kg/2.5kg ( this is a last resort as I think the capacity is too small).

Thanks v much!

I've narrowed down my selection to 2 choices for my Washer-cum-Dryer machine.

1. Electrolux EWW1292 - frontloading

- Retail Price $1619 (before neg/disc)

- Capcity: 7/3.5 kg

- Spin speed: 1200 rpm

- 15 pre programs & 8 options

- Water Consumption 49/118 Litres

- Parts from Italy, assembly in Thailand (as I was told by the salesperson)

2. LG WD14331AD - frontloading

- Retail Price $1199 (before neg/disc)

- Cap: 8/4 kg

- Spin speed: 1400 rpm

- 18 pre programmes

- Average Water Consumption 70 Litres

- Washing energy consumption 6.51 kWh per wash

- Direct Drive motor with 10 yr warranty on the motor

- Made in Korea (as told by the salesperson)

Anyone have any experience with the above 2 models?

I am just concerned about the water and energy consumption of the LG.

I am leaning towards Electrolux due to their proven brand in the market for washing machines, but the LG machine has won a few awards in US and Europe. So am at a dilemma.

Haiz... Can anyone please advise or comment if you are an expert on this :dancingqueen: ?

Thanks!!

Most appreciated

yo bro , I'm a;so thinking of this 2 model but let me tell you something I found out today . The LG direct drive motor warranty for 10 yrs but they will only service 1 time!:P within this 10 yrs so pse consider this factor ,manage to get this info from a reliable saleman :dunno:

Thanks for the info bro! :(

I spoke to a HN salesperson yesterday to try to get more info as well. According to him, the EWW1292 is fully made in Italy not Thailand (who to believe??). This kinda affirms the quality and reliability of the model apparently. Also the energy and water consumption of the Electrolux is more efficient than the LG TROMM WD14331AD. So, if I were to consider long term usage then obviously the Electrolux would be the way to go.

The Direct Drive technology for LG on the other hand has the advantage of 'belt-less' drum and supposedly very quiet. Not long in the market though so nothing proven in terms of reliability and quality. However, price-wise it's definitely more attractive to my budget. A former technician I spoke to had said that LG's quality standards have improved while Electrolux's (ever since they shifted manufacturing to Thailand) have seen higher failure rates. That being said, this ain't a consideration for me since the one I'm considering is Italian made. :)

BTW, managed to get quotes from some distributors that carry the Electrolux at $1340 and the LG TROMM at $960.

Thanks for the info bro! :sport-smiley-004:

I spoke to a HN salesperson yesterday to try to get more info as well. According to him, the EWW1292 is fully made in Italy not Thailand (who to believe??). This kinda affirms the quality and reliability of the model apparently. Also the energy and water consumption of the Electrolux is more efficient than the LG TROMM WD14331AD. So, if I were to consider long term usage then obviously the Electrolux would be the way to go.

The Direct Drive technology for LG on the other hand has the advantage of 'belt-less' drum and supposedly very quiet. Not long in the market though so nothing proven in terms of reliability and quality. However, price-wise it's definitely more attractive to my budget. A former technician I spoke to had said that LG's quality standards have improved while Electrolux's (ever since they shifted manufacturing to Thailand) have seen higher failure rates. That being said, this ain't a consideration for me since the one I'm considering is Italian made. :)

BTW, managed to get quotes from some distributors that carry the Electrolux at $1340 and the LG TROMM at $960.

hi redfirst,

Can Pm me some distributors contacts? need to ask them for Quote.... :sport-smiley-004: Thanks... so much... in advance..

I just did a ring around to the usual suspects e.g. Goh Ah Bee, Hong Liang, Gain City etc to compare quotes.

You can find their contacts on the forum.

Alternatively, check out this site for some of the distributors:

http://www.nccc.gov.sg/energylabel/electrolux.shtm

If you have the Brand & Model number of the electrical appliance u r looking for just let them know and ask them to quote.

good luck!