Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Hi all,

Wish to get high quality curtains for living room (night and day curtains) and master bedroom (total blackout curtains). One of the two master bedroom windows is weird U-shaped. Anyone can recommend good curtain makers who would come to our home to quote? We need rails and curtains. How abt Spotlight? We just arrived Singapore so a general idea of how much they would cost would be great. THANKS

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Wish to get high quality curtains for living room (night and day curtains) and master bedroom (total blackout curtains). One of the two master bedroom windows is weird U-shaped. Anyone can recommend good curtain makers who would come to our home to quote? We need rails and curtains. How abt Spotlight? We just arrived Singapore so a general idea of how much they would cost would be great. THANKS

some ppl recommend jimmy textiles at tanjong katong complex near paya lebar there.

Jimmy himself is actually holding the fort at his shop at Joo Chiat Complex. This big boss has several shops!

Usually, curtain makers don't go down to your place just to give you a quote. You should bring along your floor plan and maybe take some pictures. After choosing the materials, they can quote you quite accurately with that. They have seen all sorts of windows and can suggest many alternatives. When you sign with them, then they will go down to make precise measurements.

Jimmy said there are now new types of blackout curtains that are washable. Lots of materials to choose from.

When it was time for my home's measurement.....a Benz drove under my block and it was none other than Jimmy hmself that came to take measurements of my place! Wow... I was so surprised. He said he was on the way.

When I was at the shop, I did not know he was Jimmy until we finalised everything and he was making out the invoice ... then I asked for his name. Very successful but very humble guy.

• Like 1

i recommend MGL curtains at Eminent Plaza. May served us and we were quite impressed by her knowledge and experience esp on colour scheme. We paid around $800+ for (living - night curtains) + 3bedrooms (half curtains), our house is a 120sqm resale.

some ppl recommend jimmy textiles at tanjong katong complex near paya lebar there.

I got my curtains from Jimmy Textiles just before, was actually quite disappointed with the workmanship. They did take it back once to take a look and "fix" it, but it seems to be returned back in similar condition. The good thing was the sales guy called back after he saw my written comment on the DO, and he will call after CNY to follow up.

Oh dear... what was the problem? You have pictures to share??

I got my curtains from Jimmy Textiles just before, was actually quite disappointed with the workmanship. They did take it back once to take a look and "fix" it, but it seems to be returned back in similar condition. The good thing was the sales guy called back after he saw my written comment on the DO, and he will call after CNY to follow up.

Jule, please do share your dissatisfaction regarding the workmanship cos I am planning to go to Jimmy Textiles this weekend. Also Simeiz and max, would you mind uploading pictures of your curtains from Jimmy textiles too? I am quite concerned cos I have heard curtain sewing workmanship and fabric quality in S'pore are generally not very good. My sister's curtain pleating workmanship was uneven and too tightly spaced making the curtains not sit 'straight and tidy'.

Anything, which area is Eminent Plaza located?

I also still looking for curtain.

Went to jimmy textile before but nvr bring floor plan so just look look see see !!

Eminent Plaza is at Jalan Besar (oppt Poh Joo), beside lavender food square.

There was a mad rush just before CNY. So I am not surprised at the compromise of some sewing. Your experience may not be exemplary of all curtains coming out from Jimmy Textiles. Just make sure you get your curtains rectified.

Usually, curtain makers don't go down to your place just to give you a quote. You should bring along your floor plan and maybe take some pictures. After choosing the materials, they can quote you quite accurately with that. They have seen all sorts of windows and can suggest many alternatives. When you sign with them, then they will go down to make precise measurements.

This is true to a very large extent. But there are some curtain shops that will bring material to your homes, take measurements on site, and give recommendations to colour/fabric combinations. I dealt with 2 shops via phone, and they sent their sales staff down.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

There was a mad rush just before CNY. So I am not surprised at the compromise of some sewing. Your experience may not be exemplary of all curtains coming out from Jimmy Textiles. Just make sure you get your curtains rectified.

Actually I didn't rush them, they say they usually deliver in 2 weeks' time, which happends to be a week before CNY.

I don't know if it's due to the fabric I chose, but my biggest disappointment was on the roman blinds, where the ends of the fabric are left open, with thread running. I do not have the photo on hand, will post later for a better understanding. For the Day/Night Curtain, I just find the overall workmanship, in terms of threading and alignment not very well done, or am I expecting too much ?

Not at all. Jimmy Textiles is not the cheapest in town and comes with a decent reputation. You should not expect anything less. Now I am a bit worried. Mine will be up by 1 March. :notti: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Do share your photos when you have them. Thanks.

For the Day/Night Curtain, I just find the overall workmanship, in terms of threading and alignment not very well done, or am I expecting too much ?

Hi everbody, I am still looking for curtains!

Can you all review and let me know if these quotes are ok (they seem not as cheap as I thought):

Jimmy Textiles:

1 set day+night curtains 370cm x 250cm = $620 (midrange quality)

Roller blind 60cm x 250cm = $150

2 x Rails only for MBR windows = $73

Yours Furnishing (River Valley):

1 set day+night curtains 370cm x 250cm = $550 (midrange quality)

Roller blind 60cm x 250cm = $290

2 x Rails only for MBR windows = $72

AIK Brothers: even more expensive

Can anyone comment on quality and workmanship of Home Furnishings (their phone service, I like)

thx

Hi everbody, I am still looking for curtains!

Can you all review and let me know if these quotes are ok (they seem not as cheap as I thought):

Jimmy Textiles:

1 set day+night curtains 370cm x 250cm = $620 (midrange quality)

Roller blind 60cm x 250cm = $150

2 x Rails only for MBR windows = $73

Yours Furnishing (River Valley):

1 set day+night curtains 370cm x 250cm = $550 (midrange quality)

Roller blind 60cm x 250cm = $290

2 x Rails only for MBR windows = $72

AIK Brothers: even more expensive

Can anyone comment on quality and workmanship of Home Furnishings (their phone service, I like)

thx

Hi,

I would strongly recommend May frm MGL curtains(Eminent Plaza).. But it is up to individual preferences..

We can go back to her if we have any problems after installation..

:notti: