Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

meok, yes, i needed totally blackout curtains for my bedrooms and find these curtains in s'pore are very expensive! bought some sets from Australia last summer for dirt cheap and took up the hems myself with my faithful sewing machine. haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
an update of my curtains - I did NOT go to Jimmy's textiles afterall. I called Karbell but wasn't impressed with the lady cos she lost interest when I told her I am compairng quotes.

I chose Sunrin (http://www.sunrindesign.com/) who has an exhibition booth at the Singappore Expo recently. My husband decided to go with them cos the guy we served us - Cedric - was straightforward, no pressure placed on us, plus he quoted a reasonable price from the get go.

The workmanship and drilling service were very good! Took 2 hrs to put in my hall curtains+rails and three other rails for bedrooms ie didn't rush through and measure slowly. he also vaccummed as he drilled.

What I like best is that they gave "extra" services not offered by Jimmy's - (1) make sure joining cloth match curtain patterns; (2) our tiebacks are kidney-shaped type and they sew extra black strip for decor; (3) double pleats changed to 5 inches apart with deeper pleats; (4) double hemming for day curtain to give extra weight. The stitching is very good - I know a bit abt sewing.

We paid $600 for day+night (heavy luxurious double-sided fabric 70% block) curtains+rails+blind removal/disposal for hall (3.8m window width; 250cm drop); and another $110 for curved rails for three more windows. Cedric came twice to show us materials. They ahve own workshop.

You can tell him Annie recommended. If someone can direct me how to pupload photos, i can put them up here.

Hi simei_mum you paid $710 only for hall and 1 bedroom? Is your bdrem full or half length curtain? You went for roman blind?

:rolleyes: My roller blinds collapsed recently... done by Jimmy Textiles... when asked why the guy that came to fix it say its like that one... :rolleyes:

Besides that, they were the best in terms of cost and their service response is pretty fast.

J&S

Good customer service & good workmenship...

got their contact?

cant seem to access their web address

also can advise the costs that they charge for your place?

thanks

My roller blinds collapsed recently... done by Jimmy Textiles

OMG!!! :jawdrop: What kind of answer is that?! We've read lots of good things about Jimmy Textiles and were intending to get them to quote for our home. Now, I'm a bit concerned with workmanship. Hmm.

Just to share... I got my curtains from Ricco @ Hougang. I am happy with the curtains (since I chose them!) and also with the service. I was served by Mr Lai, a friendly and nice uncle. What I like most is that he's also the one who came to take measurements and install the curtains.. i like this one-point of contact... makes things easier. I have full length curatins for living room (day & nite) and full length for all bedrooms (nite only).

OMG!!! :jawdrop: What kind of answer is that?! We've read lots of good things about Jimmy Textiles and were intending to get them to quote for our home. Now, I'm a bit concerned with workmanship. Hmm.

They sent their guy down to repair within a few days after I complained though... Looking at price and service, I'd still go back to them, although was rather peeved when the blinds came down that day...

They sent their guy down to repair within a few days after I complained though... Looking at price and service, I'd still go back to them, although was rather peeved when the blinds came down that day...

Ah ok. We just went to their shop yesterday afternoon. A very pleasant lady called Noel served us. Friendly and patient.

For those going there, please remember to bargain. We managed to get the price down from $1500+ to about $1350. Probably can bargain more but will do so only when we want to confirm.

i got malaysian contact to make curtains and blinds. good service and worksmanship. :)

after $ conversion becomes very worthwhile.

We just got recommended to a Mr Chew. He works from home and would turn up with his samples at your place to do measurements and choosing of materials. Sounds a bit blur and lost on the phone but is quite ok and friendly in real life. He was also helpful in recommending the appropriate colours and materials. We went to Jimmy Textiles previously and they were definitely more expensive. Also, I prefer seeing the materials AT our home rather than at a shop because it was hard to visualise the effect.

We got the following:

Living: Day curtains (one layer)

MBR: 100% blackout and day curtains (two layers)

Study: 1 roller blind

Kitchen: 1 roller blind

Yard (with washing machine, etc): 1 bamboo chick

Total cost= S$1050 nett.

Mr Chew informed that the MBR materials are from Europe while our living room ones are from Turkey. When we asked for cheaper prices, he said there are the made-in-china ones but in the end, we stayed with our original choices :dancingqueen:

Will try and post up pix once it's done, if anyone's interested!

Edited by ene

• Like 1

We just got recommended to a Mr Chew. He works from home and would turn up with his samples at your place to do measurements and choosing of materials. Sounds a bit blur and lost on the phone but is quite ok and friendly in real life. He was also helpful in recommending the appropriate colours and materials. We went to Jimmy Textiles previously and they were definitely more expensive. Also, I prefer seeing the materials AT our home rather than at a shop because it was hard to visualise the effect.

We got the following:

Living: Day curtains (one layer)

MBR: 100% blackout and day curtains (two layers)

Study: 1 roller blind

Kitchen: 1 roller blind

Yard (with washing machine, etc): 1 bamboo chick

Total cost= S$1050 nett.

Mr Chew informed that the MBR materials are from Europe while our living room ones are from Turkey. When we asked for cheaper prices, he said there are the made-in-china ones but in the end, we stayed with our original choices :dancingqueen:

Will try and post up pix once it's done, if anyone's interested!

I did a comparison for majority of the makers which supply Tachikawa Roller Blinds, and Jimmy Textiles is the cheapest based on this standard brand. Many other makers offered me other much much cheaper brands of course, but not Tachikawa.

Edited by l_club23

I did a comparison for majority of the makers which supply Tachikawa Roller Blinds, and Jimmy Textiles is the cheapest based on this standard brand. Many other makers offered me other much much cheaper brands of course, but not Tachikawa.

One question - I recently ordered a Tachikawa brand roller blind, but when the people come and install, how would I be sure that it is really the Tachikawa brand that they gave me? Is it written somewhere on the thing itself? Thanks

One question - I recently ordered a Tachikawa brand roller blind, but when the people come and install, how would I be sure that it is really the Tachikawa brand that they gave me? Is it written somewhere on the thing itself? Thanks

Hmm... haven't heard of Tachikawa brand. Is it supposed to be good? How does it compare to other generic brands then?

Eh, ya, supposed to be good, according to the salesperson, Japanese go to them because they found out that they sell the brand there. That's all I know though, not sure how different it is from other Japanese brands :P