Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone,

i am abt to engage someone to do my whole house curtains.

i went to MGL curtains today to get a qute but they quoted me $1620 for double layer living room, single layer 3 bedrooms. really more expensive than i expected.

i got another quote from this company called Suntec Curtain Interior Furnishing and he quote me living room and all 3 bedrooms, double layer and 3 bedrooms are all block 100% sunlight @ $1200 nett.

Alan Tan (http://www.suntec1688.com)

does anybody know anything about this company? is it reliable?

thank you

hi all, i went down last wkend to get a quote from SuRin Design (it's recommended from pg 2 of this thread)

http://www.sunrindesign.com/products.htm

we were told curtains from europe, day curtains for hall, night curtains for 3 bedrooms, as our rooms had beams just above the

windows, we were advised to do curtain tracks instead of rods for a more pleasing & practical look. I've not received the offical

quote yet but as of that time, after discount the total cost is about $1.5 k & e fabric comes with one year warranty? is this

considered expensive??

or should I try going to MGL curtains?? need feedback urgently thank u !!! :bangwall:

hi all, i went down last wkend to get a quote from SuRin Design (it's recommended from pg 2 of this thread)

http://www.sunrindesign.com/products.htm

we were told curtains from europe, day curtains for hall, night curtains for 3 bedrooms, as our rooms had beams just above the

windows, we were advised to do curtain tracks instead of rods for a more pleasing & practical look. I've not received the offical

quote yet but as of that time, after discount the total cost is about $1.5 k & e fabric comes with one year warranty? is this

considered expensive??

or should I try going to MGL curtains?? need feedback urgently thank u !!! :bangwall:

I went to MGL. Is not cheap at all!!

Living night and day curtain

MBR only night curtain with wooden rod

common room 2 and 3 is only night curtain

Total $1,567

I got quoted by Suntec Curtain for double layer whole house full length for $1,200 only leh!

I going to meet sunrin tonight. See how much they quote me

I went to MGL. Is not cheap at all!!

Living night and day curtain

MBR only night curtain with wooden rod

common room 2 and 3 is only night curtain

Total $1,567

I got quoted by Suntec Curtain for double layer whole house full length for $1,200 only leh!

I going to meet sunrin tonight. See how much they quote me

hi annjoy, so how did your encounte with sunrin go?? why yr quote with MGL so ex also?

& yours is rod, issit the fabric??? erm, as for yr question about Suntec Curtain Interior Furnishing, Alan Tan.

I did some googling & this is what I found from sg brides

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1208943438

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 3:09 pm: Edit Post Print Post

Hi, I just had a pretty bad experience with the curtain guy that we've engaged. (Alan Tan - 90277399 from Suntec Curtain Interior Furnishing)

The designs and quality of his curtains are not too bad but their service after they have obtained much of the payment from you leaves much to be desired.

When we discussed, they promised to clean up after themselves. However, on the day they came, they said they'll only clear the smaller debris as they work, we still have to clean up after them. Fine, then one of the length for our roller curtain was wrong, and he blamed on our wall angle. The 2 roller curtains for 2 of our rooms had some defects and had to be removed and replaced on Sunday. So now our house looks funny with half of my house with curtain, half without.

The earliest timing he has was Sunday. We actually planned to have our housewarming on that Sat so we told him that if there's an earlier slot, please fit us in. He was still quite nice and say he will try. Then it was down to collection of payment. He collected most of it and will collect the little balance when they return on Sunday to put up the rest.

But we didn't hear from him, so my hubby called today to check if he can do it earlier and my hubby was shocked by his defensive & non-commital attitude. It was so different from our earlier encounter.

His tone was defensive and even said we were unreasonable when all we did was to ask for alternate dates before Sunday. So we asked what's the earliest date and he said Sunday anytime.

So my already frustrated hubby was like, "Fine, 10.00am can?"

And the curtain guy said, "10am too early, 11am lah. Got traffic jam." My hubby was so angry, why will there be a jam on Sunday morning?

But what to do, we don't want to antagonise him. What if he doesn't do a good job for us on Sunday? And we have almost paid the full sum, and it's not that cheap. it's close to S$1700 for:

1. Day & night Curtain for living room

2. Roller curtains for balcony + 4 bedrooms

So just a caution to watch out for this guy. If you want to engage him, that's fine coz his designs are nice. But don't give full payment untill you are truly satisfied.

but this poster has only 1 posting so I'm not sure if it's a sabo case but if it's really geninue, then perhaps better

consider? :yamseng:

EDIT: did MGL offer warranty for fabric like sunrin? any idea wa's the price difference between rods & track?

Edited by noobhouse

Hi everyone,

i am abt to engage someone to do my whole house curtains.

i went to MGL curtains today to get a qute but they quoted me $1620 for double layer living room, single layer 3 bedrooms. really more expensive than i expected.

i got another quote from this company called Suntec Curtain Interior Furnishing and he quote me living room and all 3 bedrooms, double layer and 3 bedrooms are all block 100% sunlight @ $1200 nett.

Alan Tan (http://www.suntec1688.com)

does anybody know anything about this company? is it reliable?

thank you

Hi,

I getting curtains fr this co. Suntec Curtain - Alan. Already confirmed. Came up to install the curtain tracking le. so far so gd.

Tis Fri will be doin up the curtains for me.

Personally i find his price quite ok. n service so far so gd....

need to c end product then can comment on the quality n worksmanship...

He is recommended by my fren to me. Their house got him to do whole house roller blinds. comments is cheap n gd... tats y worth to try for my case lar...

we went to MGL curtain to do our curtain... their quotes was very reasonable compare to market rates. and their services was great too...

we have been few shops to get quote, we use the same material to quote, and MGL won it!

we went to MGL curtain to do our curtain... their quotes was very reasonable compare to market rates. and their services was great too...

we have been few shops to get quote, we use the same material to quote, and MGL won it!

hi penguin123, mmm, which other shops u went to if u dun mind? then the majority of the price is decided by the fabric u choose issit? or does the rod/track make a big difference also? any warranty on fabric? :dancingqueen:

Hi,

I getting curtains fr this co. Suntec Curtain - Alan. Already confirmed. Came up to install the curtain tracking le. so far so gd.

He is recommended by my fren to me. Their house got him to do whole house roller blinds. comments is cheap n gd... tats y worth to try for my case lar...

oh thanks for replying. i feel better.

Sunrin quote me $1.8K, MGL $1.7K also... but Suntec quote me $1.2K for a lot more work than the other 2 companies!

Edited by annjoy

I met this lady and she was aloof, and not friendly at all!

But she is not pushy, so that's 1 plus point for her.

Too bad they are too exp.

I also think didn't find any materials shown to me suitable to my liking.. :) IMHO. :)

Edited by annjoy

Hi,

Btw can you share how much he quote you plus the job scope?

Btw can you share how much he quote you plus the job scope?

He quote me 1100. for day n nite curtains for living rm n 3 bedrooms n the air con ledge window.

hmm. for the bedrooms, all is use black out curtain.

full height for living n mbr. the other 2 bedroms is ard 1/2height as got bay window.

which is consider quite cheap le....