Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

sunrin design came to take measurements & then gave me further discount. but they

getting on my nerves. on day itself ask me if I can confirm deal, told them need to discuss it over.

call me on evening itself after work to ask again, then 2 days later call me again. my quote

is valid for quite a while but this pressurising technique is starting to p*** me off :curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We just got recommended to a Mr Chew. He works from home and would turn up with his samples at your place to do measurements and choosing of materials. Sounds a bit blur and lost on the phone but is quite ok and friendly in real life. He was also helpful in recommending the appropriate colours and materials. We went to Jimmy Textiles previously and they were definitely more expensive. Also, I prefer seeing the materials AT our home rather than at a shop because it was hard to visualise the effect.

We got the following:

Living: Day curtains (one layer)

MBR: 100% blackout and day curtains (two layers)

Study: 1 roller blind

Kitchen: 1 roller blind

Yard (with washing machine, etc): 1 bamboo chick

Total cost= S$1050 nett.

Mr Chew informed that the MBR materials are from Europe while our living room ones are from Turkey. When we asked for cheaper prices, he said there are the made-in-china ones but in the end, we stayed with our original choices :dancingqueen:

Will try and post up pix once it's done, if anyone's interested!

Hi, can you PM or email me eteo66@yahoo.com for Mr Chew's contact? Thanks

oh thanks for replying. i feel better.

Sunrin quote me $1.8K, MGL $1.7K also... but Suntec quote me $1.2K for a lot more work than the other 2 companies!

hi annjoy, so u finalised with suntec curtains? how work progress? ;)

Hi, can anyone PM me Mr Chew's contact?

Thanks! :yamseng:

Ang, I will PM u. read ur mail....

Edited by samgalz

i'm undecided right now, should i

1. get curtains fabric & track from curtain maker OR

2. get my own track, ask contractor fix up then source own curtain fabrics?

which is actually cheaper & also better in yr opinion??? :(

Below is my bedroom curtain and if you need his contact PM me... :)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8049/p1824250310.jpg

Hi KSJL,

i noticed that there is a gap in the middle when you've drawn the curtains together. I would like to check this is the norm (as in a gap in between) or is it because the curtains were not drawn properly? My friend's place curtains have the same issue ie, the gaps in between and she resorted to using a clothes peg to hold the curtains together.

Hi KSJL,

i noticed that there is a gap in the middle when you've drawn the curtains together. I would like to check this is the norm (as in a gap in between) or is it because the curtains were not drawn properly? My friend's place curtains have the same issue ie, the gaps in between and she resorted to using a clothes peg to hold the curtains together.

I have experience with a curtain without a gap in the middle. I did not like it because I could not open the curtains when I wanted to. I prefer a gap.

I have experience with a curtain without a gap in the middle. I did not like it because I could not open the curtains when I wanted to. I prefer a gap.

What do you mean when you say you can open the curtains? Can you kindly elaborate pls? Thanks!

For me, the gap is annoying when that ray of sunlight still passes through and shines onto the tv screen. Then it kinda defeats the purpose.

What do you mean when you say you can open the curtains? Can you kindly elaborate pls? Thanks!

For me, the gap is annoying when that ray of sunlight still passes through and shines onto the tv screen. Then it kinda defeats the purpose.

Try this fella. Quite good price and service: 96905777 Alex

Hi KSJL,

Hi,

There is no gap in between at all and I believe I didnt draw the curtain properly before I took the pic, sorry ah! If got gap, I have already scolded my curtain maker. hehhehe...his workmanship n service is really good lah and we are pleased with his job. :)

Hi,

There is no gap in between at all and I believe I didnt draw the curtain properly before I took the pic, sorry ah! If got gap, I have already scolded my curtain maker. hehhehe...his workmanship n service is really good lah and we are pleased with his job. :)

KSJL,

will you be able to post your curtain pic again? thanks. :)