Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've just done up my house with new curtains, European quality. Slightly more expensive than those China made ones, but I believe it's worth every penny. Very satisfied. Previously I did mine with a company recommended by Interior Designer. I spent quite a lot for good quality ones, but end up I realised that the colours fade over time. Only recently I realised that mine are China made ones, definately not what I paid for. Which means, I was conned by my previous curtain guy (who had a very nice showroom)!! Grrr .... :bleah:

I think it's very important to get a honest guy, who will show you good European quality curtains and actually deliver good European quality curtains and not China made replicas. For people like me, I won't know how to differentiate them till something happens, such as colour fading.

If you are interested, I would like to recommend my present curtain guy. This is my first time recommending someone in the forum, but he's really a nice person. :D He can also show you the tag of the fabric to prove that he's delivering to 'real' goods. A young chap, but apparently he's related with a fabric supplier, hence he can offer very competitive pricing. Not pushy at all, he do not have any showroom, but he will take samples over to show you and then you can take your time to consider or even compare prices with others before making a decision. Workmanship also looks good, I can show you photos if want. Small details, he also gave me very nice hooks at the side. My previous one gave me a very cheap white plastic hook that I found out only cost 5 cents each (grrr ....).

Do PM me if you want his contacts. I feel that it's no harm checking out his samples and getting a quote since he's going over to your place at your convenience. ;)

I've just done up my house with new curtains, European quality. Slightly more expensive than those China made ones, but I believe it's worth every penny. Very satisfied. Previously I did mine with a company recommended by Interior Designer. I spent quite a lot for good quality ones, but end up I realised that the colours fade over time. Only recently I realised that mine are China made ones, definately not what I paid for. Which means, I was conned by my previous curtain guy (who had a very nice showroom)!! Grrr .... :bleah:

I think it's very important to get a honest guy, who will show you good European quality curtains and actually deliver good European quality curtains and not China made replicas. For people like me, I won't know how to differentiate them till something happens, such as colour fading.

If you are interested, I would like to recommend my present curtain guy. This is my first time recommending someone in the forum, but he's really a nice person. :D He can also show you the tag of the fabric to prove that he's delivering to 'real' goods. A young chap, but apparently he's related with a fabric supplier, hence he can offer very competitive pricing. Not pushy at all, he do not have any showroom, but he will take samples over to show you and then you can take your time to consider or even compare prices with others before making a decision. Workmanship also looks good, I can show you photos if want. Small details, he also gave me very nice hooks at the side. My previous one gave me a very cheap white plastic hook that I found out only cost 5 cents each (grrr ....).

Do PM me if you want his contacts. I feel that it's no harm checking out his samples and getting a quote since he's going over to your place at your convenience. ;)

do you have any completed picture to show? Thanks!

I second Darth Vader on his comments about D’Zander Interiors! We recently did our curtains/blinds at our new house with them and have been really impressed by their quality and workmanship. Most importantly, the sales staff was extremely patient and did not rush us into making any decisions at all (even though we were at the showroom for close to 3 hrs). Their showroom has quite an extensive collection hence we took such a long time to decide on our selections...hahaha which I guess it's a good dilemma for us to be in :P Do visit their website (www.dzander.com.sg) for their exact showroom address :D

Our final selections were as follow:

1) Living Room – Motorized day curtains

2) Master Bedroom – Day / Blackout Night curtains

3) Study Room – Wooden blinds

4) Dining Area – Wooden blinds

5) Toilets – PVC blinds

6) Kitchen - Roller blinds

7) Wallpapers and carpets for Living and Master bedrooms

Have also taken some pics to share...sorry if the pics are slightly blur ;)

Living Room

curtain11.jpg

Master Bedroom

curtain3.jpg

Dining Area

curtain4.jpg

Toilet

curtain5.jpg

Kitchen

curtain2.jpg

Edited by koizora

Hi Koizora,

May I know what is the price quoted to you from D'zander? Thanks :)

I second Darth Vader on his comments about D’Zander Interiors! We recently did our curtains/blinds at our new house with them and have been really impressed by their quality and workmanship. Most importantly, the sales staff was extremely patient and did not rush us into making any decisions at all (even though we were at the showroom for close to 3 hrs). Their showroom has quite an extensive collection hence we took such a long time to decide on our selections...hahaha which I guess it's a good dilemma for us to be in :P Do visit their website (www.dzander.com.sg) for their exact showroom address :D

Our final selections were as follow:

1) Living Room – Motorized day curtains

2) Master Bedroom – Day / Blackout Night curtains

3) Study Room – Wooden blinds

4) Dining Area – Wooden blinds

5) Toilets – PVC blinds

6) Kitchen - Roller blinds

7) Wallpapers and carpets for Living and Master bedrooms

Edited by malingre

Hi, can PM me Mr Chew's contacts as well. Thanks!!!

Hi all

Uncle Chew is currently doing my house's curtains, m so impressed by his service. Surprised to see him using the leftover fabrics to sew up 2 cushions for my daughter. As m rushing to move in this Sun, he was kind enuff to help me do up my master bedroom, my gal's bedroom and d toilet 1st. He quoted me less than $2.5k for dining room day curtain, living room day curtain, roller blind for study room and corridor, day n nite curtain for 3 bedrooms. He even offer to help me doing up a frosted film for one panel of my master bedroom toilet foc. Very kind and helpful man. Highly recommend him. Will pm his contact to u all.

Hi all

Uncle Chew is currently doing my house's curtains, m so impressed by his service. Surprised to see him using the leftover fabrics to sew up 2 cushions for my daughter. As m rushing to move in this Sun, he was kind enuff to help me do up my master bedroom, my gal's bedroom and d toilet 1st. He quoted me less than $2.5k for dining room day curtain, living room day curtain, roller blind for study room and corridor, day n nite curtain for 3 bedrooms. He even offer to help me doing up a frosted film for one panel of my master bedroom toilet foc. Very kind and helpful man. Highly recommend him. Will pm his contact to u all.

Hi pawpal

would be extremely grateful if you could PM me Uncle Chew's contact. Thanks.