Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Yesterday was a long day shopping at curtain shops for me. I went to 4 shops altogether and my reviews are as follows:

1. MGL curtains

- first stop. Went in blur blur because my first time shopping for curtains. Showroom was well stocked with samples and show pieces. But a little messy. Sales person who served me was friendly and patient, but I found him abit disorganized. He loaded me with almost 10 albums and did not offer much directions or tips on how to select. Besides he did not check what I like or want before overwhelming me with things I don't need. Not very systematic. But he was patient throughout and answered my queries. Spent 2 hrs in the shop n walked out feeling quite lost and not really liking what I have chosen. This shop also has limited selection for kids curtains. Pricewise is market rate I would say, with sone room for nego. Not pushy.

2.D Zander

- staff of Doris attended to me as the latter was rushing out for a ppt. Staff was systematic and offered advice but at excessive. She asked for what u want n give u 2 albums, check your response before giving you more options. Procedure was a lot more organized and went through floor plan room by room to select materials. I was able to find what I like within half an hour n I feel much more relaxed and happy with the process. Pricing was close to mgl, v reasonable and I definitely like this shop better although the setup look somewhat more like an admin office than curtains shop. But they more or less had the basic samples.

3. Jimmy Textiles

- wide selection, staff was ok, not impatient nor overly friendly. Found what I wanted in 20 mins! Price was the cheapest,although not by a lot. Not sure if can further nego as the price quoted was already lower than the rest. Have my doubts about the after sale service as it looks like a simple, no frills shop. U order, they install then bye-bye type? Has kids collection.

4. J&S at Plaza Singapura

- don't bother unless u hv a lot of money to splurge. Price quoted was 100% higher than the rest of the 3 shops. They quoted me $6000 for a 5 room flat!!!!! Has kids collection.

I have not signed up with any of the shops but would most likely go with 1of the above. Conclusion, all 4 shops hv an

equally wide selection so that's not a problem. Cost wise, the first 3 shops are comparable. Personally what differentiates them is the level of customer service provided.

Good luck in your selections!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

after calling at least 3-4 diff ppl to my hse for a quote i finally confirmed with this lady Cindy whose contact i found somewhere in this forum.her price was the cheapest n 1-2 of these guys had shown me the same material at a higher price.she even threw in cushions for sofa n MBR bay window FOC for me..she's delivering this sat..PM if interested..

after calling at least 3-4 diff ppl to my hse for a quote i finally confirmed with this lady Cindy whose contact i found somewhere in this forum.her price was the cheapest n 1-2 of these guys had shown me the same material at a higher price.she even threw in cushions for sofa n MBR bay window FOC for me..she's delivering this sat..PM if interested..

Hi there!

Care to share Cindy's contact?

Thanks! :D

Hi there,

The way I save for my curtain was to get down to Joo-chiat, buy the curtain materials from the shops there and brought them to a friend of mine to do the stitching. It was cost effective to save on the stitching since most of the shops owners earn from the tailoring portions. If interested, PM me for the contact

Hi i'm also looking for curtain maker for my 4rm flat...need find a good n reliable and reasonable price curtain maker..Pls advise....or can i have Mr Chew and cindly contacts? Pls pm or email me sarahkls@hotmail.com...thks alot

Hi, can i have cindy's contact? Does she has a shop or freelance? will she dropby the house for quotation and samples? Thks[

quote name=heartz02' date='Oct 28 2010, 11:11 AM' post='585924]

Hi, can you pm me his no.? im looking for reliable and good curtain maker for my new house 4room..how much u paid for the curtains? can you specific what you did? Im gg to do day n night curtains for my living room and MBR and 2 bedrooms...and blinds for my toilet...thks

I've just done up my house with new curtains, European quality. Slightly more expensive than those China made ones, but I believe it's worth every penny. Very satisfied. Previously I did mine with a company recommended by Interior Designer. I spent quite a lot for good quality ones, but end up I realised that the colours fade over time. Only recently I realised that mine are China made ones, definately not what I paid for. Which means, I was conned by my previous curtain guy (who had a very nice showroom)!! Grrr .... :bleah:

I think it's very important to get a honest guy, who will show you good European quality curtains and actually deliver good European quality curtains and not China made replicas. For people like me, I won't know how to differentiate them till something happens, such as colour fading.

If you are interested, I would like to recommend my present curtain guy. This is my first time recommending someone in the forum, but he's really a nice person. :D He can also show you the tag of the fabric to prove that he's delivering to 'real' goods. A young chap, but apparently he's related with a fabric supplier, hence he can offer very competitive pricing. Not pushy at all, he do not have any showroom, but he will take samples over to show you and then you can take your time to consider or even compare prices with others before making a decision. Workmanship also looks good, I can show you photos if want. Small details, he also gave me very nice hooks at the side. My previous one gave me a very cheap white plastic hook that I found out only cost 5 cents each (grrr ....).

Do PM me if you want his contacts. I feel that it's no harm checking out his samples and getting a quote since he's going over to your place at your convenience. ;)

dear all,

I'm currently looking for a curtain-maker also! Can someone PM me Mr Chew's contact please! thanks!!

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew.

one word: FANTASTIC!!!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also :jawdrop::bow: when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.