Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Hi can PM me Mr Chew's number?

We just got recommended to a Mr Chew. He works from home and would turn up with his samples at your place to do measurements and choosing of materials. Sounds a bit blur and lost on the phone but is quite ok and friendly in real life. He was also helpful in recommending the appropriate colours and materials. We went to Jimmy Textiles previously and they were definitely more expensive. Also, I prefer seeing the materials AT our home rather than at a shop because it was hard to visualise the effect.

We got the following:

Living: Day curtains (one layer)

MBR: 100% blackout and day curtains (two layers)

Study: 1 roller blind

Kitchen: 1 roller blind

Yard (with washing machine, etc): 1 bamboo chick

Total cost= S$1050 nett.

Mr Chew informed that the MBR materials are from Europe while our living room ones are from Turkey. When we asked for cheaper prices, he said there are the made-in-china ones but in the end, we stayed with our original choices :dancingqueen:

Will try and post up pix once it's done, if anyone's interested!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I got my roller binds done by Mr Chew last sat....and frankly speaking...im soOo impress by this couple work!

Not only did they lay a big piece of cloth to lay their equipments...but they also use a vaccum cleaner to suck in t dust while digging.

I got all my windows done and they are sturdy...cant tell for sure the durability thot :D

And most importantly,they are friendly and patience in answering my questions!

Great!

Good Day Everyone,

Just to share with you all.........

Last Sunday(09/01/2011) i have just bought the ready made curtain from the shop call H.M Curtain (Below are the location of the outlets), they do have custom tailor made to suit individual preference.

Twice; i have bought from them on their ready made curtain for my 4Rm Flat, as i personal feel that the material they use still able to meet my standard. (Subject to individual preference)

Living Room: 2sets of 70% blackout day and night curtains (two layers) - both sets Full Length, Study Room: 1set of 70% day blackout Half Length (one layer), Master Room: 1set of 100% day blackout Full Length (one layer), Common Room: Rental Out - KIV :unsure: .

The saleperson is kind enough to quote that all these pricing are before discount, after discount pricing i further ask for abit more "reduction" amount. :sport-smiley-004:

As a budgeted consumer like me :D , i tend to ask for more discountssss.... :D:D, finally we agree on the pricing - $430.

Bro & Sis, do take note of the curtain length.

For me, i still need to send for tailor to sew the excess curtain length.

As usual, i ask for reduction amount and finally agree on $60 for 6sets of curtains...... :dribble::dribble:

For the detail calculation, i will not touch on that so it would be $82 per set of curtain including sewing the excess length.

To me overall money well spent.....

Disclaimer: I'm not the owner nor the saleperson of this shop, i have a sale recepit to prove........

I would like to take this opportunity to wish ALL of you, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR...... HUAT AH........... :D

www.hongming.com.sg

Showrooms:

IMM Building #02-62

(S) 609601 Tel: 65679892 Fax: 65679179

Blk 720 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 #01-4116

(S) 560720 Tel: 64523830 Fax: 64526801

Blk 183 Toa Payoh Central #01-296

(S) 310183 Tel: 63564348 Fax: 62594908

Tanjong Katong Complex #01-25/51

(S) 400845 Tel: 65471375 Fax: 65471374

Blk 211, New Upper Changi Road #01-749

(S) 460211 Tel: 62461292 Fax: 62461092

Sembawang Shopping Centre

604 Sembawang Road,#02-16/17

(S) 758459 Tel: 67525659 Fax: 67521050

Blk 2A Woodlands Centre Road #01-142

(S) 731002 Tel: 62691896 Fax: 63654580

Edited by EOS 450D

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew.

one word: FANTASTIC!!!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also :jawdrop::bow: when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.

Hi manutd1972

Can you pls PM me Mr Chew's contact pls? TIA

I got my roller binds done by Mr Chew last sat....and frankly speaking...im soOo impress by this couple work!

Not only did they lay a big piece of cloth to lay their equipments...but they also use a vaccum cleaner to suck in t dust while digging.

I got all my windows done and they are sturdy...cant tell for sure the durability thot :D

Great!

Hi realmplanet. Can I have th contact of Mr Chew? Thanks.

Great!

Hi, could someone kindly PM me Uncle Chew's contact? Thanks a million in advance!

Hi all

Uncle Chew is currently doing my house's curtains, m so impressed by his service. Surprised to see him using the leftover fabrics to sew up 2 cushions for my daughter. As m rushing to move in this Sun, he was kind enuff to help me do up my master bedroom, my gal's bedroom and d toilet 1st. He quoted me less than $2.5k for dining room day curtain, living room day curtain, roller blind for study room and corridor, day n nite curtain for 3 bedrooms. He even offer to help me doing up a frosted film for one panel of my master bedroom toilet foc. Very kind and helpful man. Highly recommend him. Will pm his contact to u all.

Can u pm his contact? Tks...

Hi,

I engaged Mr Chew to make curtains for my new house after I read so many +ve reviews about him from this forum.

But before engaging him, I went to get quotes from 2 curtain shops (popular shops recommended from this forum too) and Mr Chew quote is 30-35% lower!

The material I selected is EXACTLY the same as what I saw from one of the 2 curtain shops I went to!

Mr Chew and his wife came to install the curtains yesterday and I am very happy with their service. They even gave my daughter a big cushion with very cute cushion cover.

I am very glad to have found this forum, allowing me to have engaged good ID (Dave from Intradesign (my posting about Dave can be accessed from http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...&start=600) ) and good curtain maker (Mr Chew) after reading many +ve reviews about them.

Great!

hi

i heard so many good reviews on Mr Chew . can i have Mr Chew number please as i need it urgently for my new house . really appreciates !!

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew.

one word: FANTASTIC!!!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also :jawdrop::bow: when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.

Hi, can PM me Mr Chew's contact, many thanks.

Anyone has problems with curtains for abt 3m (10ft) from top to bottom (ceiling to floor)?

I wanted to have curtains that covered the full length of my wall and windows (3m altogether) but my curtain maker said it is too long for his material.

He suggested to cover 2.7m instead, leaving a gap of 0.3m of wall at the top which I dun really like.

Any other suggestions?