Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Hello, I just joined the forum today. I'm was doing up my new 3 room apartment and I got 3 quotes from 3 different curtain shops so far to compare. I got a quote from Golden Leaf (seems like very big and established in SG) for $4.6k, Unique Zone (located at Balestier Plaza) for $4.8k and the cheapest is V Clessique (who did my current house's curtains 6 yrs ago - still in good condition!) for $3.4k.

Probably going to consider the last quote as its the most reasonable and I have good experience in the past with them. Although their fabric is not as "high class" as Unique Zone (though in my opinion its better than Golden Leaf), I think it still suits my purpose. It's supposed to be from Turkey. I have very long full height day and night curtains on 2 sides of my living room, full height day and night curtains (blackout) in MBR, half height day and night curtains in 2 bedrooms and a roller blind in the corridor.

I'm not sure the forum's rules on posting contact no so just google V Clessique if you would like to try him too. Guy's name is Kelvin. I'll try to update after my curtains have been installed in a few weeks time. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For curtain maker and installer, I can recommend one... He is good and pretty humble. He will come & take measurement, then followed by his quote. No obligation...

His name, Laurence. Contact: 93201379

Edited by Glymaxx

Hi all,

Just want to ask, if we get mr chew to come down for measurements and quote, does that mean we are committed already?

No. It should be without obligation.

Have you chose the material for your curtains yet?

Edited by hAPPy889

No. It should be without obligation.

Have you chose the material for your curtains yet?

Hi Happy, thanks for the reply. No not yet, was just looking around. I called mr chew and couldn't get him but he called back. Seems like he is busy till july.. :( we may not be able to wait that long so I guess we are looking for others now

I have scrolled all the pages in this thread & cant find Mr Chew contact num..

can some1 PM me?

Has anyone engaged the services of Golden Leaf Curtain Centre in Whampoa before? It was recently featured in the Straits Times.

www.goldenleaf.com.sg

i can't seem to PM, someone asked for mr chew number? found it from this thread too but just pasting it here cos its lost somewhere in this thread

Has anyone engaged the services of Golden Leaf Curtain Centre in Whampoa before? It was recently featured in the Straits Times.

www.goldenleaf.com.sg

I got a quote from them to compare. They were pretty expensive and the cloth was not that nice also for the price given.

did day curtain for living and 3sets roller blinds for bedrooms

total damage $650

Thanks nimm2, it seems that the price is quite good.

Is the price includes a living room and 3 bedrooms?

Got mine from jimmy textiles. Did half length blackout roller blinds for 3 bedrooms and 1 living room. Total: $900 Curtain area probably 164 - 170 sqft, not sure and didn't ask.

Called Mr Chew somewhere in May to check up prices on roller blinds, he said the usual blackout curtains are $5.50 psf.

I guess there are pros and cons for going to a shop to choose fabric/quote and getting a freelance curtain maker to come show you the fabric and quote.

I went for JT and that was probably becos I couldn't wait for Mr Chew to fix a suitable time to come to my house.

I wont suggest on Mr Chew as he service is very bad told me to call him day after day and wait a week to meet him. A week already he still say he is busy...