Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Hi All,

Happy new year! I want to share a contact with everybody as my first good deed for the new year. If anyone reading in this thread needs a curtain makeover or is looking to furnish your new place with curtains, please consider engaging Mr. Tien.

I met Mr. Tien some time ago from the curtain company whom I engaged to do my curtains; but somehow, he was forced to leave the company. Lets just say that from my experience, the company is lousy and has a rather nasty boss - I don't want to elaborate more.

Anyway, Mr. Tien was the one who helped me solved all the problems. During our many meetings, we had several casual chats and I came to know that his father's health is in a bad shape, his wife's a housewife and his children are still schooling, simply put - life's really harsh for him.

For the record, I didn't caused him to lose his job. He called me very recently to inform me that he left his position and hope that I can refer him to my friends thus I decided to help him write some recommendation here to support him. 2 reasons:

1) I personally find him very professional, experience, sincere and responsible.

2) He has to put food on the table and take care of his dad's medical bills.

So if you guys need any non-obligation quotes or require any assistance pertaining to curtains, you call contact him at 90606691.

Hopefully my post can help him somehow. Good luck to him and everyone else!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest Christine Elise

Hi!

Everyone,

i m just very curious why no one did their curtains with those suppliers at : Penang mall? are they over-priced? Any good recommendations from there?

I need suppliers who provide (heavy) luxurious curtains (of course price is an issue but dont have to be too overly concerned), just need the day& nite fabric, cos railings etc is already installed on my living room

i m quite loss reading so many remarks over here?

recently just had my curtains installed and extremely satisfied. I found this curtain man from renotalk, recomended by many of the members and took quite a while to find the contact number.

I call mr chew and the call was answered by jeffrey chew, son of uncle chew. Meet up with jeffrey on 15 nov at my new house to show me the materials and take measurement. He brought along big trolley of curtain materials for me to choose. After some discussion, i have chosen the fabric with 80% block out light for living room, dining room and 3 bedrooms plus day curtain, total cost include railings and accessories is $1,180, so much cheaper than what i get for my previous house! And to my surprise, I don't even have to make any advance payment, just need to pay full on the day of installation.

At first plan to move house in end dec14 and told jeffrey to do installation a few days before moving house, ends up my carpentry work delayed. Jeffrey was so nice to tell me he can hold the curtains for me until carpentry work is done as he feel that the dust from carpentry work will dirty the curtains. Finally carpentry work scheduled to be completed on 10 jan and installation of curtain arrange on next day and it is a Sunday.

On actual day of installation, jeffrey get held up by another appointment, his parents, uncle and aunty chew came to do installation instead. The result is so satisfying and besides, they have given me 2 free cushions with the same type of fabric as the curtains :)

The final products as attached.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/a2f8dx.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ujnhg5.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/spvxo1.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/4jteyx.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/117afd2.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2us90sn.jpg

Hi All,

Just for sharing.

I have engaged D'Zander Interiors to do up my curtains & roller blinds and also recently just engaged them to do up the sofa upholstery for my 4 years old sofa. So far, the response has been very efficient and their office follows up closely when nearing the installation date. I have contacted their lady boss, Doris when requesting for quotation and also she is very prompt in reply and also very sincere. My parent's new house HDB Studio Apartment was also done by them. The price is very reasonable! Therefore, my parents also engaged them to do up their blinds and curtains.

Talking about their workmanship, I would say its really good and the materials which Doris has recommended are also of good materials and yet she don't charge quite high for it (as compared to the rest of the curtains makers whom I have contacted).

You may contact Doris at 9663 **** should you need a quotation..

Guest Jass Jass

hi to all,
if you are looking for a curtain makers ,you can try 1st century furnishing and decoration.Their service is good and most importantly their price is VERY REASONABLE.
The guy who serve me actually come down and do the installation of the curtain himself too.Very experience sales person who can clearly explain to you how your blind and curtain were to be fixed.
His name is Thomas and his contact is 8307****.you can see always see his number stamped in the new BTO flat lifts,

recommend going to guangzhou to do the curtains - tigerair cheap flight and hotel stay plus arrangement to ship will still be 30-50% of what one can get from Singapore. it is not that difficult, really.

I randomly walked into a curtain shop in those HDB town centre to enquire price for day&night curtains for living + 2 bedrooms and was quoted about $1500, very expensive man!!!!

My budget is only max $1000, any recommendation of curtain maker that fall into this price band??

TIA

Shopping for curtains in JB

Hello, I have been reading renotalk for sometime but this is the first time I registered as a member. I thought I would share my experience with making curtains across the causeway.

Recently, I had googled some shops frequented by Singaporeans e.g. J and B curtains, Miki Curtains, Middle Curtains. Eventually, after visiting the actual shop, I decided to make curtains at one of the shop.

Some tips.

1. Ensure that all the measurements are taken in metres. Some of them use inches to add to the confusion and u would need to convert to metres thereafter.

2. If it is double pleated, the total length should be multipled by a factor of two.

3. Ask if it includes the railing, workmanship and the curtain holder. They can say verbally but best to write down in your invoice.

4. If you provide them with the measurements, and subsequently get them to come down to your house, beware of "additional costs" which might not have been mentioned previously.

5. Check your measurements to see if they are correct. For example, the curtain for the length of one whole window could be 100 inches. This would be for 2 pieces. If it is half a piece, it would be 50 inches. Beware of any computational mistakes which add on to the overall cost of the curtains.

6. Check for any additional delivery, installtion cost etc.

Good luck in shopping! :)

My curtains is done by an uncle introduce by mr chew few years back. Because mr chew is busy with cny order at that time. I can go back home and check for his contact numbers if u guys interested.