Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Recommended Curtain Makers?

Hi, anyone know Sin Chong (新中)Curtain at Bt Merah Blk 11 is still doing curtains? My mum house and my house curtains all done by them few yrs back. Today went to their shop at Bt Merah, the shop already change name and called their phone number also no more existing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am in the process of getting my blinds done by Jimmy’s Textiles @ Tanjong Katong Com[plex, and my experience has not been a positive one for the following reasons:

1. They probably outright lied about being able to do a custom-made L-shaped shower rod:

a. I initially called them to ask if they can do up a custom-made L-shaped shower rod for me and this lady Stephanie told me that they can, so I went down to the shop and ordered our blinds and shower rod from them. When their contractor went down to my house to take measurements, they informed us that they cannot do the shower rod and referred me elsewhere.

2. On the 2 trips that they come down to my house, they only told me what time they will come the day before.

a. This makes it extremely inconvenient for me because I cannot plan my weekend. And they don’t tell you early, on the day before I had to call them myself in the afternoon to get them to tell me what time they are coming the next day.

So essentially my experience with them is that they are rather irresponsible and very inconsiderate with their customers’ time, almost like “ha I got your business already, I don’t really have to care about you.”

I cannot really comment on their prices, because I only got quotations from another shop but I did not go down to choose the material and get exact quotations, so from what I see they are not cheap but not expensive.

On the plus side, they have quite a lot of blinds designs to choose from, a number of which are very nice. So it’s for you to form your own opinion, my personal experience has been a rather negative one.

If anyone is still interested, there's one Local curtian supplier in SG. Their stuff are on the quality side as well. Heard this from a friend, the company name is Harmony Furnishing Pte Ltd. They have their own showroom as well just right on top on their factory. Went there to take a look and quite impressed. Range of curtain fabrics is quite a lot. The salesman is friendly and helpful as well in recommending the pros and cons of Roller,Timber and curtains. I feel that their price is not on the cheap side but for quality wise, i think its worth it. 

Will choose them when my current house is done.

In Meridian Curtains website testimonial mentioned Desmond, the sales manager who will meet customer requirement but in fact he did NOT make ANY EFFORT at all to settle my requirement. He never has the initiative to call but sent NASTY and harassement words sms to his customers. Is it he see this amount too small? Is he only entertain bigger amount customers or he has limited ability to settle my requirement? Asking the Boss of the Meridian Curtains is that your Sales Manager can allow to react UNPROFESSIONAL behaviour to his customers? Can he bring more sales to your company when he did NOT make any professional initiative move or action to come to settle customer's requirement but he just threw this business away. If a company do not treasure individual single business, can the business prosperity last long?

You can find a wide variety of curtains at York Furnishing Textiles, which is a leading home furnishing store. To explore and visit the best curtain designs, visit: astyork.com

Edited by YorkFurnishing

Anyone able to advice if it is alright to DIY blinds from IKEA when the middle portion of the window is fitted with aluminium grills?

Thanks.