Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
delirious_jeff

Radac Listed Id More Reliable?

I wanted to engage an ID but the ID is not listed with RADAC. I am wondering if an RADAC listed ID/renovator would tend to be more reliable. Does anyone has any bad experience engaging an ID that is not listed with RADAC? What would be the advantages of engaging an ID listed with RADAC?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I wanted to engage an ID but the ID is not listed with RADAC. I am wondering if an RADAC listed ID/renovator would tend to be more reliable. Does anyone has any bad experience engaging an ID that is not listed with RADAC? What would be the advantages of engaging an ID listed with RADAC?

RADAC no RADAC not important. Important thing is licensed contractor from HDB. just make sure they don't anyhow do works

You are right...MACE....with RADAC or withour RADAC doesnt matter.

i believe someone did KENA jialat from a radac listed ID/contractor before.

do a search in this forum.

initially i was like you, hesitating whether should I engage an ID who is not registered wif radac. is it safe or reliable? in the end, I choose an ID who is registered with radac. but so what? that doesn'e mean they are good. see what situation am I in now? I will be goin to the small claim tribunal to sue this ID who has caused a permanent damage to my hse. This ID admit its their fault. but they refuse any compensation to me. So am going to sue them all the way!! Somemore this ID is quite a well-known one with few branches in spore. I want justice!!

So doesn't matter even if the ID is not registered wif radac. Most important is reliable and trusty.

Radac or not is not an issue when things are ok. But it does serve its purpose in the event of dispute, however, they r not fool proof in a sense they will play god n settle everything for u.

Find an ID that u can trust and u are comfortable with, then make sure u look at his workmanship also, then from there u decide. The rest is always a risk involved

initially i was like you, hesitating whether should I engage an ID who is not registered wif radac. is it safe or reliable? in the end, I choose an ID who is registered with radac. but so what? that doesn'e mean they are good. see what situation am I in now? I will be goin to the small claim tribunal to sue this ID who has caused a permanent damage to my hse. This ID admit its their fault. but they refuse any compensation to me. So am going to sue them all the way!! Somemore this ID is quite a well-known one with few branches in spore. I want justice!!

So doesn't matter even if the ID is not registered wif radac. Most important is reliable and trusty.

Wah so bad until have to sue. Mind telling which ID you engage in abbrevated form? Such irresponsible ID should be avoided at all cost. Best of luck on your claim.

Agreed with WEI.

There is a certain risk...somewhere you nvr know.

And finding a best id/contractor with 100% tip top condition is difficult.

There bound to be somewhere that is not right.

In the end, as what WEI said, Trust and Comfortable with your id is a must.

Radac or not is not an issue when things are ok. But it does serve its purpose in the event of dispute, however, they r not fool proof in a sense they will play god n settle everything for u.

Find an ID that u can trust and u are comfortable with, then make sure u look at his workmanship also, then from there u decide. The rest is always a risk involved

Agreed with WEI.

There is a certain risk...somewhere you nvr know.

And finding a best id/contractor with 100% tip top condition is difficult.

There bound to be somewhere that is not right.

In the end, as what WEI said, Trust and Comfortable with your id is a must.

I will be confirming with Linear Space really soon, and they are pretty small company but i feel most comfortable with Marc's design and his style of work and character/personality. I find it very impt cuz if discussion stage i cant click with u, then wat more when confirm n work starts???

So as much as they r not radac registered, but i willing to take that risk n go along with the flow n feel. Since radac or bigger companies r not immune to problems araising, n there is no guarantee they will handle it better... Some of bad reports i've heard alr

So for me, im still taking that risk, n i hope is more rewarding hehe

I will be confirming with Linear Space really soon, and they are pretty small company but i feel most comfortable with Marc's design and his style of work and character/personality. I find it very impt cuz if discussion stage i cant click with u, then wat more when confirm n work starts???

So as much as they r not radac registered, but i willing to take that risk n go along with the flow n feel. Since radac or bigger companies r not immune to problems araising, n there is no guarantee they will handle it better... Some of bad reports i've heard alr

So for me, im still taking that risk, n i hope is more rewarding hehe

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Yes if you can click with your id/contractors and feel happy with their worksmanship, then go ahead. Have trust in them and I am sure they also will do their very best to renovate your house!

Thank you all for your suggestions!

hi all - im intending to sign up with werkz concept. They got another company name call linewerkz..linewerkz is a hdb registered renovation contractor. Hence, werkz concept is using linewerkz's hdb registration number. Our concern now is that if we take werkz concept's contract and if anything happens, we cannot sue werkz concept. is it true? any advise?

the reason why we take werkz concept instead of linewerkz is because the former does not charge GST. However, they are the same company. :notti:

hi all - im intending to sign up with werkz concept. They got another company name call linewerkz..linewerkz is a hdb registered renovation contractor. Hence, werkz concept is using linewerkz's hdb registration number. Our concern now is that if we take werkz concept's contract and if anything happens, we cannot sue werkz concept. is it true? any advise?

the reason why we take werkz concept instead of linewerkz is because the former does not charge GST. However, they are the same company. :notti:

This sounds like another contractor firms -Advances Design & Concept/Advanced Design. Both share the same office address but of different boss & HDB licence. Sound complicated. Better not take the risk coz don;t know who to look for if got problem later.

I think RADAC or not, is not that important. Becos, RADAC do not check all completed projects and a few only. The only good thing abt them is that firms which are registered with them have a certain number of yrs of existence in SG. Put it this way, if they can survive for so long, they will be SOME positives from them.

But having said that, I think a lot of these so-called more established firms also hv black sheeps among them. To me, more importantly, is to at least get some positive referral from frens. Most importantly is to get an ID you are comfortable talking to, and working with.