Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokine9a

Solid Kitchen Top - Silestone

Hi everyone, just to share with what I have come across when planning my house renovation.

I went to a shop last Sat that carries silestone as the material to use for kitchen top. Pricing range is between $150 to $170 per foot. If you are still keen to use it, they have an offer at the price of $60 per foot for one of the stone design. Colour is purple-like. I was quite keen initially but after consideration, my bf and I decided to go for something cheaper. :good:

Edited by yokine9a

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

$60 is dirt cheap for silestone

me was tempting to use it but the price was the deterrent

from what i've researched, it seems that it's as good as countertops come :good:

btw, is the shop you went to changi?

Yeah, an offer of $60 is very attractive :notti: But the design and colour a bit orbiang :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, the shop is in Changi. Well, if one has the $$, silestone is really a good choice. I find it to be better than granite since it is water-proof. The officer who served me said that silestone is totally scratch resistant, unlike Corian :deal:

Yeah, an offer of $60 is very attractive :notti: But the design and colour a bit orbiang :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, the shop is in Changi. Well, if one has the $$, silestone is really a good choice. I find it to be better than granite since it is water-proof. The officer who served me said that silestone is totally scratch resistant, unlike Corian :deal:

What's the name and address of the shop? Tel? May drop by this weekend for a look.

GoalHome, possible to snap a pix of the promo stone and post here?

if $60 i'm considering to do for my bathroom :P:wub:

Sure. Now waiting for yokine9a to reply... cannot blindly go and find, changi very big & ulu.

Is this a form of solid surface also? :notti:

following taken from the silestone website

it's basically quartz based instead of pure acrylic like solid surface :dunno:

Silestone is world leader in quartz surfaces.

Thanks to the wide network of Cosentino, the leading brand of Silestone can be found wherever around the world.

It is so unique stone that it can only come from one of the best compounds that the Nature has to offer with the highest technology of the best of Nature.

Silestone has a sophisticated appearance. The touch and weight of a natural stone, but with a superior quality.

Silestone, 94% of natural quartz, one of the most resistant and beutiful elements of the Nature, allows to create from the most beautiful kitchen worktop to the most innovative business project.

Its color consistency is incomparable to any other natural stone.

Silestone is suitable in tables of 304cm x 138cm and 327cmx 161cm *, and three different thickness: 12, 20 and 30 mm.

* these sizes are restricted to a limited selection of colours - please contact your silestone fabricator for further details.

Sure. Now waiting for yokine9a to reply... cannot blindly go and find, changi very big & ulu.

if i'm not wrong should be

11 changi south st 3 #04-01

builders design centre

tel 6545 5225

was very tempted to use silestone as countertop but no budget :notti:

Yeah, the address provided by applefreak is the correct one. Thanks, applefreak :notti:

It is a form of solid surface too. The best part according to the sale woman is, totally idiot proof :rofl: Which means scratch-resistant, water-resistant, stain-resistant etc. No maintenance work at all is needed.

I was so tempting to use it for my kitchen top initially, but after looking at my budget, sigh...

Yeah, the address provided by applefreak is the correct one. Thanks, applefreak :notti:

It is a form of solid surface too. The best part according to the sale woman is, totally idiot proof :rofl: Which means scratch-resistant, water-resistant, stain-resistant etc. No maintenance work at all is needed.

I was so tempting to use it for my kitchen top initially, but after looking at my budget, sigh...

Hi Yokine9a, the purple you're referring to... is it the first one under the Stellar color? Can't find any close to purple in their website. Any idea if there's a minimum length for orders?

Does it mean we order the top from Stile and pass it on the carpenter/contractor/ID for the cabinets??

We are considering silestones as well. it has some anti-bacteria coating or something. In addition, they mentioned that they left curry on it for 1 week and no issue/staining at all. :rofl:

They have a lot of designs and color but like all have mentioned here, it comes with a premium. I have some contractual issue with my contractor which we need to work out first before we can decide. 8|

Hi everyone, just to share with what I have come across when planning my house renovation.

I went to a shop last Sat that carries silestone as the material to use for kitchen top. Pricing range is between $150 to $170 per foot. If you are still keen to use it, they have an offer at the price of $60 per foot for one of the stone design. Colour is purple-like. I was quite keen initially but after consideration, my hubby and I decided to go for something cheaper. :notti:

i think you need to check on your contract with the contractor, if they have quoted matrerial cost, which could be some other material, and if you want silestones now, you may need to top up. Best to check. :~

Hi Yokine9a, the purple you're referring to... is it the first one under the Stellar color? Can't find any close to purple in their website. Any idea if there's a minimum length for orders?

Does it mean we order the top from Stile and pass it on the carpenter/contractor/ID for the cabinets??

for countertops, the ID/contractor will order from the supplier

and the supplier will do the size, cut-outs and installation

so if you considering silestone, then just tell your carpenter you getting your own countertop

silestone is actually a brand of quartz countertop

so far only see quartz countertop at earnest interior, the rest don't offer this choice !!

so very tempted to get the $60 one for my bathroom vanity top !! !!

The purple is kind of pinkish purple. the whole pattern is very messy with black and purple clouds everywhere. I have a feeling it is their out-of-production stock cos it is not even listed on the brochure they gave me. It looks like those old fashioned Tarrazzo tiles.

No mention of min. length by the salegirl, but you might want to clarify further with them upon ordering. As long as you are not buying a square feet only, I think it should be alright :)

applefreak, I don't think the $60 one can be used as your vanity top :P