Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokine9a

Solid Kitchen Top - Silestone

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So did anyone use silestone at all?

Do you know what is the price range for those plain (not granite looking) ones? Does the local vendor have all that is on the usa website?

I am very tempted to splurge for it, a mid range Corian can be already $130 psf.

Me no zz Nearly wanted to use it for my kitchen worktop but Patrick not willing to liaise with them, and my bf doesn't want me to be the co-ordinator between Builder's Shop and Ho Bee zz He would rather get Patrick to do all the necessary work.

Plain ones are selling at $150 psf, with good looking ones at $170 psf. I suggest you drop by their shop for a look on all the samples. Delivery cost is included but cutting one hole (sink, stove etc) is $100 each.

Me no :dancingqueen: Nearly wanted to use it for my kitchen worktop but Patrick not willing to liaise with them, and my bf doesn't want me to be the co-ordinator between Builder's Shop and Ho Bee :sport-smiley-004: He would rather get Patrick to do all the necessary work.

Plain ones are selling at $150 psf, with good looking ones at $170 psf. I suggest you drop by their shop for a look on all the samples. Delivery cost is included but cutting one hole (sink, stove etc) is $100 each.

Thanks, is it very hard to coord? I had thought of asking Patrick to quote me leh.

Yes, very hard if something goes wrong :P Builder's shop and Ho Bee might start to point fingers at each other and I would be the one who suffer :unsure: Also, being the co-ordinator will mean that you need to be around when Builder's shop goes to your house to do measurement and delivery.

Patrick is a nice guy but somehow, he does not want to work with Builder's shop directly :)

Hi all

sorry to just chap in

can silestone be used for kitchen as well?

also, seems like 150psf is quite cheap compared to what is quoted on average?

thanks

noob fool

Kitchen where? Worktop? Or sink? Stove definitely cannot lah :sport-smiley-004:

Depends what you want and how you look at it, Indian granite is costing me $100 psf which include delivery, cutting of holes etc. If I go for mid-range solid surface, I can even get $80 psf.

the price depends very much on the material

cheapest is postform i.e. laminated plywood

think it's $100+ for the entire cabinet top

solid surface is a generic name for acrylic aka plastic countertops

ranges from $80 to $160pfr, depending on the brand and model

granite / marble countertop is natural stone

depends on where it comes from e.g. india, norway, china

price can range from $100 to $150pfr

quartz countertop is a man-made material that is supposed to be hardier than natural stone yet non-porous like solid surface

brands include silestone, LG etc

so far price hovers around $140 to $180pfr :dribble:

Edited by applefreak

They don't do sink and vanity top using silestone, applefreak tried asking them but got turned down :dribble:

Only kitchen worktop. Price wise, see applefreak's comments :dribble:

So did anyone use silestone at all?

Do you know what is the price range for those plain (not granite looking) ones? Does the local vendor have all that is on the usa website?

I am very tempted to splurge for it, a mid range Corian can be already $130 psf.

Hi,

I am presently doing a makeover for my kitchen and just want to change the counter top. I presently have a solid wood surface but it is difficult to maintain. i.e. Apply oil regularly. I initially decided on Corian and almost made the purchase. Corian cost $135/ft to $150 for good looking designs.

I was passing through Amoy street last Sunday and saw the Caesarstone showroom and it looks brilliant. I instantly liked it. However i was quoted about $250ft and was put off by the price. I did a research on Quartz material and found Silestone, thanks to the helpful info. in this forum.

So I went to their Showroom in Changi this afternoon, choose the material and made a purchase. I picked 'Blanco Stella', a white tone with stones and sparkling designs. It is absolutely beautiful. It cost $190/ft run with addition $100 per sink and hob cutout. The plain ones cost about $150 to 170/ft.

The sales person advise me against using Corian and showed me a Corian sample with plenty of scratch marks on it. Corian also stains easily. With Quartz, it does not stain, scratch, get marred by heat and best of all it is anti-bacteria. The perfect material.

I figure that since I am paying so much for Corian, just pay slightly more for a better long term investment and for something I really liked. In addition, although I had decided on Corian initially, somehow deep in my mind I was not too happy about it as I have read it had so much disadvantages and the choice somehow kept bothering me.... if you know what I mean.

I am eager to see them install the kitchen. Will keep you all posted.

using Corian,

i agree on the scratch marks :jawdrop: , but quite resistant to stain so far :jawdrop:

Quartz is definitely great and strong if one is willing to pay the slightly higher price :notti:

one question though, can quartz avoid the seamlines for long pieces? if can be seamless for long countertops,

then really is a very good material to consider

Edited by compassvale