Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ppoii

Resale 4rm Flat With Seperate Toilet And Shower Rm.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and will really appreciate if anyone can provide some guidance.

I have recently purchased a resale HDB 4i with a single toilet and a seperate shower room. ideally, i will require an additional toilet bowl to be installed in the shower room. The toilet and shower room is beside each other seperated by a wall. Does anyone has similar experience and managed to install a second toilet bowl?

As i have a small budget of between $10k to $15k for renovation, and i already have the kind of design in mind, is it possible for me to engage a local contractor to do the hacking, toilets and laying of tiles. Then look for a m'sia contractor to do up the carpentry works? My carpentry works will only be for new kitchen cabinets.

Any comments pls?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ppoii

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mr Ppoii,

To my understanding, you would like to install an additional wc in the shower room. Why don't you email me your floor plan @ cj_warrior@hotmail.com with your name stated, your contact numbers, fax number, email address, I would like to go thru it for you to see if is feasible to do so.

As for your budget wise, S$10K-S$15K maybe a little too tight. But no worries, I would like to work out a FREE QUOTE for you WITH NO OBLIGATIONS.

Seems you got a flat similar to mine. Check my blog photos to see if it is similar, in which case the answer to yr question is No, not possible to have another WC for 2 reasons: thickness of floor (and you wld involve the flat below i.e. no possible), sewage hole is already fixed.

I had also wanted to hack the wall separating the standalone WC from the shower room so as to get a large space all-in-one bathroom. That was not possible because of the pipes standing in the way of the wall.

Then I decided to change and re-orient the squat to a sitting pedestal type. I could change the squat WC but not re-orient it because the sewage hole in the floor cannot be moved.

To get a low quote, first use the ID's "promotional" pricing as a starting point to negotiate what you want done. Without that promotional pricing as a benchmark most IDs / contractors will quote you a much higher figure.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Edited by BlueFly

Hi Bluefly,

Thanks for your clarification. Indeed the toilets are rather similar. 1 WC, 1 shower. So how do you cope with only 1 WC?

Can't find the photos on the makeover toilets. Will be grateful if you can put them on your blog.

Have you moved in oredi? i'm sure your house must be beautifully done up.

You paint work looks really smooth and good. will need to get the contact of your painter.

Appreciate and Thanks a million!!.

Hi Zacky,

I will only be looking at renovating my place in Aug 08. moving in around Nov to Dec. Have not decided on wat to do. as per Bluefly reply, an additional WC in the shower rm seems impossible. Will email you when i finalise on my reno plans.

thanks!

Hi Bluefly,

Thanks for your clarification. Indeed the toilets are rather similar. 1 WC, 1 shower. So how do you cope with only 1 WC?

Can't find the photos on the makeover toilets. Will be grateful if you can put them on your blog.

Have you moved in oredi? i'm sure your house must be beautifully done up.

You paint work looks really smooth and good. will need to get the contact of your painter.

Appreciate and Thanks a million!!.

thanks!

You're welcome, ppoil. One toilet is sufficient for my wife and I, as our son is working overseas.

We moved in at end-Feb as we were required to surrender our apartment to the buyer-developer on 10-Feb, later extended to 29-Feb at our request by the gracious buyer-developer -- altho' renovation was, and still has, not been completed yet.

So far the wet works have been completed, doors changed, windows changed (except for toilet & bathroom windows, waiting for HDB approval), rewiring and plumbing half-way through because our ID wants to get the toilet/bathroom window replaced first before installing the WC. This is so that the WC will not be damaged by the window works.

So, yes, the toilet hopefully will be finished soon and I can then put the photo on my blog.

Dunno if our flat is "beautifullly done up". We were more concerned with workmanship than design, our thinking being that good workmanship adds to what we feel is a rather simple design -- as long as it feels like home, nice and cosy, we are happy. We get irked by poor workmanship more than anything else!!

PM sent on painter contact -- cavaet: please read my post on negotiation with the painter in order not to have misunderstanding/miscomm. Think I'll put the post on my blog later for easier reference.

Let me know if you need any other assistance. :bangwall: