Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Meeting Hotel Coordinator This Week-what Other Perks Can We Ask To Have?

Hi All,

i am meeting my shortlisted hotels this week to discuss the package.

Besides the following perks, what else can i ask for?

Please help as i am at a loss.

-9 course chinese dinner

-Free flow of soft drinks, mixers for reception & dinner

-02 x30 litre beer & 24 bottles of red wine

-Waiver of corkage charge for hard liquor and wines duty paid

-Wedding giveaways

-dummy wedding cake and 1 kg wedding cake

-champagne pyramid

-complimentary seat covers

-choice of wedding themes

-floral decorations

-Misty dry ice effect

-5 choices hotel wedding invitation for up to 70% of your guaranteed guests

-complimentary car park passes for 20 %

-complimentary food tasting for 10 persons for 9 dishes

-complimentary pre dinner for newly weds

-guest signature book and ang bao box

-complimentary usage of LCD Projector

-One stay for newly weds

-one night stay for wedding coordinators.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You have to provide more info leh; which hotel? Weekday/weekend??

Most of the items you listed are standard items that everyone will get; dun let them coax you into thinking that you are getting alot of goodies.

Also, asking for more freebies depend on your preferences also; eg I got alot of drinking buddies so free-flow beer is a must for my wedding, but if your guests are all kuai-kuai one, no point to ask for that. Next, if your jie-meis are all working and not going to stay overnight, then might as well see if can change their room for another night for your bridal suite. And you sure you need a wedding cake, because that's usually not a necessity. Unless you got some special "rituals" you want to do with it..? Also during my wedding I wanted to relax with my wife, so we asked for complimentary spa package with aromatherapy. etc etc...

So you see alot are based on personal preference so you got to sort out with your spouse on what you need/want.

You have to provide more info leh; which hotel? Weekday/weekend??

Most of the items you listed are standard items that everyone will get; dun let them coax you into thinking that you are getting alot of goodies.

Also, asking for more freebies depend on your preferences also; eg I got alot of drinking buddies so free-flow beer is a must for my wedding, but if your guests are all kuai-kuai one, no point to ask for that. Next, if your jie-meis are all working and not going to stay overnight, then might as well see if can change their room for another night for your bridal suite. And you sure you need a wedding cake, because that's usually not a necessity. Unless you got some special "rituals" you want to do with it..? Also during my wedding I wanted to relax with my wife, so we asked for complimentary spa package with aromatherapy. etc etc...

So you see alot are based on personal preference so you got to sort out with your spouse on what you need/want.

Agree with zirk....but some hotels are very strict on perks so u might just end up with the standard perks...

If so, try to bargain for more, e.g. 30L beer if cannot free flow, bargain for extra 10L or 20L, extra parking coupons, extra wedding cards etc..

Agree with zirk....but some hotels are very strict on perks so u might just end up with the standard perks...

If so, try to bargain for more, e.g. 30L beer if cannot free flow, bargain for extra 10L or 20L, extra parking coupons, extra wedding cards etc..

Hi all,

real impressed by all your fast responses!

the package quoted is from Merchant Court for a sat wedding dinner in 09.

Has anyone have any experience bargaining with Merchant court before?

Looks like i have to discuss with my fiance on what we are looking for.

Hi all,

real impressed by all your fast responses!

the package quoted is from Merchant Court for a sat wedding dinner in 09.

Has anyone have any experience bargaining with Merchant court before?

Looks like i have to discuss with my fiance on what we are looking for.

Wah merchant court is a tough one, or at least it WAS tough during my time in 2004 (hehe, machiam I very old liao...). They give value-for-money then, but very stiff on further bargaining. Free-flow beer is almost impossible during my time, and they also do not want to commit on an extra night's stay, say can give only if there is vacancy at last min.

One thing I believe would be necessary is the complimentary carpark; I heard from my company driver that the per-entry parking in the evening is $7! :P

Wah merchant court is a tough one, or at least it WAS tough during my time in 2004 (hehe, machiam I very old liao...). They give value-for-money then, but very stiff on further bargaining. Free-flow beer is almost impossible during my time, and they also do not want to commit on an extra night's stay, say can give only if there is vacancy at last min.

One thing I believe would be necessary is the complimentary carpark; I heard from my company driver that the per-entry parking in the evening is $7! :P

5-star hotels are usually very strict on perks....nothing much you can squeeze out of them unless u sign up during wedding shows where perks might be slightly better...but still, there's always the risk of not being able to get the date you want at such shows....

If your friends are not heavy beer drinkers, i would say 30L is enough already....

As for red wine, standard consumption is usually one bottle per table....so see if you can get the hotel to provide one free bottle of red wine per table...

If they don't waive the corkage charges for the red wines that you are going to bring in personally, ask for special rate if u order from hotel at nett price...

5-star hotels are usually very strict on perks....nothing much you can squeeze out of them unless u sign up during wedding shows where perks might be slightly better...but still, there's always the risk of not being able to get the date you want at such shows....

If your friends are not heavy beer drinkers, i would say 30L is enough already....

As for red wine, standard consumption is usually one bottle per table....so see if you can get the hotel to provide one free bottle of red wine per table...

If they don't waive the corkage charges for the red wines that you are going to bring in personally, ask for special rate if u order from hotel at nett price...

My Fiancee's Colleagues drink alot! Japanese company, thats why. Is 2 barrel of 30 Litres Enough?

They have corkage waiver for duty paid hard liquor and wines. would that be enough as my dad can fly to australia and get cheaper wine?

Did anyone get an increase in complimentary car park passes? Now, its only 20%. Dun think its enough though.

is Merchant Court a 5 star hotel?

Alot of my frens think its 4 star acting to be 5 star

My Fiancee's Colleagues drink alot! Japanese company, thats why. Is 2 barrel of 30 Litres Enough?

They have corkage waiver for duty paid hard liquor and wines. would that be enough as my dad can fly to australia and get cheaper wine?

Did anyone get an increase in complimentary car park passes? Now, its only 20%. Dun think its enough though.

is Merchant Court a 5 star hotel?

Alot of my frens think its 4 star acting to be 5 star

one barrel of 30L beer serves up to 90 glasses....so you estimate how much u need....I suggest you take the standard 30L then ask hotel to prepare additional 20L on standby....the first barrel finish le then open....dun straightaway order 2 barrels...skali cannot finish even one barrel you end up wasting money...

Definitely cheaper to get wines from outside if they waive corkage....but must be duty paid lah...

I bargained for additional 5% parking coupons cos i seriously think 20% not enough.....most hotels let you have up to 30%.....ask them to prepare more on standby....always good to have standbys...

Merchant court is 5-star....it's part of swissotel leh..

30L ~ 24 jugs ~ 96 mugs.

If your guests really can down more than 192 mugs (96 x 2) within three hours, then you should consider getting more beer as freebies.

Dun be too bothered by the "stars" lah - all these are superficial stuff that people label on the hoteliers. Till-date there is not one credible accreditation body who's "stars ranking" is recognised by everyone - different magazines/reviewers/associations rank the hotels differently based on the special service, freebies, advertising dollar they received from the respective hotel. Its all in the entertainment business, you get the picture...

Find a comfortable venue with good ambience, service and food; that's all you need to care about.

Hmm. i have to check with my fiancee on how much he plans to let his company drink plus he has army friends. there might not be enough if that is the case.

Ok i will try to bargain for more parking coupons.hope i succeed!

its quite scary that hotels are being booked so fast for end of next year. I wanted 3rd Oct 09 but Merchant Court and Novotel has confirmed bookings!

Edited by fifteenmay

Hmm. i have to check with my fiancee on how much he plans to let his company drink plus he has army friends. there might not be enough if that is the case.

Ok i will try to bargain for more parking coupons.hope i succeed!

its quite scary that hotels are being booked so fast for end of next year. I wanted 3rd Oct 09 but Merchant Court and Novotel has confirmed bookings!

Yup agree that stars don't matter....they can be rated with so many stars until see liao also starry-eyed but if u are not comfortable with the place also no use...

Go with your feeling and budget....

Wah booking till end of next year abit kua zhang...hope u confirmed your hotel soon!

Yup agree that stars don't matter....they can be rated with so many stars until see liao also starry-eyed but if u are not comfortable with the place also no use...

Go with your feeling and budget....

Wah booking till end of next year abit kua zhang...hope u confirmed your hotel soon!

Yup, so kua zhang until my fiancee had to ask me if i booked Oct 08 or 09? Its 1 year 7 months away and pple booked liao :dancingqueen: how did they get the dates?

Yup, we will see merchant court tomorrow, but my fiancee all along wanted his wedding dinner there. so i think we will most likely book. We placed a tentative booking for the 26th Sept 09

Yup, so kua zhang until my fiancee had to ask me if i booked Oct 08 or 09? Its 1 year 7 months away and pple booked liao :dancingqueen: how did they get the dates?

Yup, we will see merchant court tomorrow, but my fiancee all along wanted his wedding dinner there. so i think we will most likely book. We placed a tentative booking for the 26th Sept 09

Haha...maybe they already got a date in mind then just chope the date with hotel....singaporeans all very KS one lah.....I booked mine a year in advance and I thought it's quite early le...

I thought hotels would usually advise u to book a year in advance can le? Cos if u booked a too far-off date, the new pricing wouldn't be out yet?

Wow! How did you all get your dates so fast? Do you all see the master?

Yup, hotels always said the 09 prices are not out yet and not accept bookings then though..

Even now, some hotels 09 pricing is not out yet.