Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokine9a

$4.80 Psf For Supreme Ac5 Laminated Flooring

Hi All, just received a quote from the sale person from Supreme. $4.80 psf for their AC5 laminated flooring, the best grade flooring with life-time warranty. Planning to do laminated flooring for my 2 bedrooms.

Can anyone who just did laminated flooring in their houses to comment if this a a good price?

Thank you :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Yokine9a,

AC5 is a very good product from Supreme. At S$4.80 psf, it is their retail price plus life time warranty. No worry, go ahead & take up the offer.

Laminate flooring is the in trend nowadays for all bedrooms. In fact, I have known of house owners using supreme products for their bedroom floorings / platform bed / platform in their living / dining area.

Hi Yokine9a,

AC5 is a very good product from Supreme. At S$4.80 psf, it is their retail price plus life time warranty. No worry, go ahead & take up the offer.

Laminate flooring is the in trend nowadays for all bedrooms. In fact, I have known of house owners using supreme products for their bedroom floorings / platform bed / platform in their living / dining area.

yup yup.. i agree with zacky_ling its definitely a superb pricing as compare to getting laminate floorings

from ID companies...

so no worries, just go ahead

Hi All, just received a quote from the sale person from Supreme. $4.80 psf for their AC5 laminated flooring, the best grade flooring with life-time warranty. Planning to do laminated flooring for my 2 bedrooms.

Can anyone who just did laminated flooring in their houses to comment if this a a good price?

Thank you :bangwall:

Someone in this forum did get the Supreme Ac5 grade at $4.50/sf. Anyway your $4.80/sf is just as good a deal. Me think no need to do Ac5(commercial/industrial grade) for residential flooring. Ac3 should be good enough. Just my opinion.

Someone in this forum did get the Supreme Ac5 grade at $4.50/sf. Anyway your $4.80/sf is just as good a deal. Me think no need to do Ac5(commercial/industrial grade) for residential flooring. Ac3 should be good enough. Just my opinion.

Hi guys, thanks for all the help and comments :notti:

I went to the Expo last weekend and managed to squeeze the sale guy to give me $4.30psf :notti:

Initially, I did not want to go for AC5 since it would be an overkill to use it in my bedrooms. But I feel more secure as AC5 is giving me lifetime warrranty. I do not need to worry about any warping woodboard due to wear and tear in future.

Hi guys, thanks for all the help and comments :(

I went to the Expo last weekend and managed to squeeze the sale guy to give me $4.30psf :(

Initially, I did not want to go for AC5 since it would be an overkill to use it in my bedrooms. But I feel more secure as AC5 is giving me lifetime warrranty. I do not need to worry about any warping woodboard due to wear and tear in future.

Wow! $4.30 for Ac5 better deal still! :unsure: You deal with Ale* Lai ?

I ever see before homogenous tiles that look like wood laminates. It costs 3.50 psf. It is better than laminates bec it is water proof, but it does not provide the warmth that people like.

No, is Aaron :dancingqueen:

Well, I guess people like us who go for laminated flooring are going after the warmth feeling and natural floor look. I hate the grouting lines for tiles flooring, so hard to keep them in white colour :rofl:

Hi yokine,

I used Supreme laminate for my 3 bedrooms and my cosy corner platform. Good quality and very pleased with their workmanship. Everything ok so far! (Its been 8 months already...hehe)

I like the feel of laminate. When you first wake up and your feet touch the floor, it is not as cold as tiles! Warm fuzzy feel instead...hee..especially like to laze on my platform... :dancingqueen:

Glad to hear that you like Supreme laminate flooring and are satisfied with them, so I should not have any worries using them now :dunno:

Well, have not started the reno of my flat and no chance to wake up and feel the laminate wood floor. So excited to look forward to it :dunno:

One of my shortlisted IDs quoted us $7000plus - close to $8K - to laminate the floor of our living room and 3 bedrooms. Granted ours was a 5 room flat (116sqf), it is a standard new flat with no existing tiling to hack.. You can imagine our surprise when we saw how high it was as we did hear that it should be cheaper than homogenous tiles. Is this the avg price one usually get quoted ? Btw, we asked for AC5 Supreme and the ID did say that it is 12mm frm Germany. But we still weren't too sure about this...

Edited by strychnine

Ask the ID whats the price per psf and you can work out how your ID charge you according to your floor area.

Usually it should not range no more than 4.5-5 psf for AC5 grade. Usually there's a bit of profit to be earned by IDs so you need to work out the breakdown though.

One of my shortlisted IDs quoted us $7000plus - close to $8K - to laminate the floor of our living room and 3 bedrooms. Granted ours was a 5 room flat (116sqf), it is a standard new flat with no existing tiling to hack.. You can imagine our surprise when we saw how high it was as we did hear that it should be cheaper than homogenous tiles. Is this the avg price one usually get quoted ? Btw, we asked for AC5 Supreme and the ID did say that it is 12mm frm Germany. But we still weren't too sure about this...

Yes, what BunBun said is correct. Work out the price per square feet of your flat and you will know how much your ID is charging you.

Supreme AC5 is not 12mm from Germany, it is 8mm only. Supreme could be using the German technology but their AC5 is made in Malaysia, according to them. Only Kronotex's laminate is made in Germany. From what I know, only the higher grade of Kronotex laminates are 12mm. Most of the IDs which Kronotex works with usually use 8mm because cost is cheaper and IDs can make higher profit.

Yes, what BunBun said is correct. Work out the price per square feet of your flat and you will know how much your ID is charging you.

Supreme AC5 is not 12mm from Germany, it is 8mm only. Supreme could be using the German technology but their AC5 is made in Malaysia, according to them. Only Kronotex's laminate is made in Germany. From what I know, only the higher grade of Kronotex laminates are 12mm. Most of the IDs which Kronotex works with usually use 8mm because cost is cheaper and IDs can make higher profit.

Thanks BunBun & Yokine.

The ID showed us the catalogues and the Supreme one was definitely thicker than the samples from other brands. Im abit wary now you're told me this, maybe I should do more thorough research. The ID could be pulling a fast one on us : :sport-smiley-004:

Not a prob, strychnine.

I'm using Supreme's also. But I bought from Supreme directly at the price offered at expo last year. Besides working out the price per psf, you got to factor in the GST as well. For the catalogs of the samples by Supreme, those are in a big book right? Yokine9a is right about supreme's flooring being made in malaysia.(Not all though). You can try supreme's website for more details. www.supremefloor.com.sg

It is thick for the smaller samples from the perception & carrying the book samples is kind of heavy, so you need to ask for a sample of the long plank in the colour you choose. Supreme brought 4 samples of the colours in the long plank versions we'd choose. Out of the 4, we'd narrowed it down to 3 colours for the final selection. The long plank sample will give you a better idea how thick it is supported by the foam/rubber underneath.

If i remember right, Kronotex sounded a bit heavy & solid during an presentation at the expo exhibition. I was impressed with kronotex's presentation but the price was another factor. Much more ex than supreme :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks BunBun & Yokine.

The ID showed us the catalogues and the Supreme one was definitely thicker than the samples from other brands. Im abit wary now you're told me this, maybe I should do more thorough research. The ID could be pulling a fast one on us : :dancingqueen:

Edited by BunBun