Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GiLBs

My Neighbour Have Elephant Pet

Hmm... is sad and disappointed to have such an inconsiderate neighbour.... If talking does not help, think you got no choice, but to report it to the police everytime the "Elephant" make noise... Or maybe you can report this to the media?? Just a personal opinion...

Is tt right? Even went to HDB...never do anything.... if i remember correctly...

i read over the hdb website that there is some topic that regards to this issue.

They even mentioned that we shld increased our level of tolerance because

of the kind of housing we lived in (yeah right!:help::furious: from 11pm til early

morning... how to increased tolerance).. They mentioned also that there is a

place to complain and both parties will be called up..and settled there... if the

one being complain does not cooperate...they mentioned that HDB can revoked

their flat from them... (that if i remember reading that... dont flame me)...

wait are you serious??? ur returning ur unit to HDB?? just because of thus case?

but the only choice we have is to buy a landed property....just to avoid this kind

of issues... or buy a unit which no one stayed above you....or get the top most floor..

I cant consider giving up this flat....this is our first flat...we kinda like the place, view,

surrounding... im staying sengkang... besides..the money we spend for the renovation

will be a big waste.....

Forgot to mentioned on my last posting...

The elephant above us is wide awake... imagine.... its F*****G 2 in the morning!:~!

what the **** those people doing upstairs!:~! maybe i should get a very loooonggg

concrete nails and nail it all on our ceiling so the pointed edge can go through their

flooring...and with that they can no longer walk!:):help::help::D:P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

didnt you guys ever watch friends with the episode of the guy upstairs making too much noise? They took brooms and started hitting the ceiling. Fact is if they are active at night means in the day time they are sleeping. Get my drift? I also have a seal living upstairs. But sometimes I think I could be an elephant to the neighbour below. Sometimes we just dont know the nuisance that we caused and all it takes is a GENTLE tone. if it doesnt work, then the parang will come out.

didnt you guys ever watch friends with the episode of the guy upstairs making too much noise? They took brooms and started hitting the ceiling. Fact is if they are active at night means in the day time they are sleeping. Get my drift? I also have a seal living upstairs. But sometimes I think I could be an elephant to the neighbour below. Sometimes we just dont know the nuisance that we caused and all it takes is a GENTLE tone. if it doesnt work, then the parang will come out.

right. knocking ceiling using mop stick does work sometimes.

Lol. What my father does is to use a basketball! He will bounce it off the ceiling. My neighbour upstairs is so irritating. They let their children ride their tri-cycles or bicycles at home so you will hear the sounds of the wheels. SO IRRITATING. And I think their maid is plain mad. She often use thes mortar and pestle at night or at 5am in the morning. Maybe she makes sambal belachan at such hours. Grr. It gets so irritating that my dad had to resort to using basketball. We've confronted them before but they denied. Tsk tsk.

Edited by damsel in de-stress

I think it's the structure of hdb flats. I used to get complaints from neighbours below of our heavy footsteps but me and my husband aren't heavy. I'm 110 and my hubby's 170 pounds. Now, we are always tiptoe-ing around our own flat. :bangwall:

I think it's the structure of hdb flats. I used to get complaints from neighbours below of our heavy footsteps but me and my husband aren't heavy. I'm 110 and my hubby's 170 pounds. Now, we are always tiptoe-ing around our own flat. :bangwall:

The neighbour above my mother's unit will burn joss sticks every morning around 6 a.m. They placed the joss sticks holder outside their balcony (next to one of the hooks which HDB provided us to hang flag). Guess what will happen whenever they burn joss sticks? The ashes will fly into my mother's unit. My mother went up to talked to the uncle nicely and guess what was his reply? "What to do, there's nothing I can do about the ashes!" :furious:

This uncle is a heavy smoker and he likes to smoke in the balcony and you could actually smell it at my mother's unit.

Why there are such neigbours, only care about themselves! Super selfish! :furious:

This noise problem does not only happen in HDB flats. My friend lives on the second highest floor in her condo, and every night and early morning she will hear loud footsteps stomping right above her in the masterbedroom. Not only that she can also hear doors slamming shut and heavy things being dragged and put down very loudly.

She hasn't had a good nigh't sleep ever since she moved in. Tried talking to the ang moh elephants upstairs to no avail. She is scratching her head why is this happening!!

Wow... my neighbour upstairs too have this problem...

Esp.. when they fight, u will hear door slamming and at times even can hear something dropped on the floor and it is so loud i tot my ceiling is going to give way!!

It always make me wonder if my ceiling crack lines were actually caused by them!

They love to put wet floor mats and dripping mops out to hang and wash windows without checking or informing us, causing our clothes to be wet or even water splashing into our house!!!

THE worst of all MY room winodw can never open cause, they Smoke! and they are like puffing chimmeys!!! non stop... i think i can die faster then them sia being a second hand smoker....

My family none of us dare to go up and talk to them as they are big in size and very unfriendly.

I scared tat if i will to go up and talk to them i will end up in the hospital!

Hi..I think my neighbour upstairs is keeping an elephant.

I've been staying in my house for 9 months now... and i think 85-95% of

those days..my neighbour upstairs are very inconsiderate. The way they

walk is like they have an elephant staying with them. It's like you can hear

the "boom..boom..boom" when someone walks. I think they are trying to

let us know where exactly they are on their house.. And not only that...

together with that is they keep moving furnitures or dropping something.

I've tried to tolerate it...as what can we say, this is the kind of housing type

we lived in. But guess what they start to create such noises... it will normally

start around 1030pm.. and will last 3:30am(latest so far..maybe cannot tahan

i already slept).... :furious::furious:

I can tolerate them if from day time til maybe 10pm.. but midnight til very early

morning.. how can people tolerate it?

Anything i can do about this issue? Anyone experience or have same experience

like this? Hope you can share...

Hello there..i read your post and find it very interesting...sorry if what i'm going to say sounds scary but its what i heard from others after experiencing what you are experiencing right now..from my understanding, we are sharing our universe with other "people"..which means the house that all of us are staying also have other 'families' apart from us..Their world and us are parallel and "upside down"..Which means, their floor area is our ceiling...which also explains why we hear chairs being drag, furniture being move around, footstep of people walking from our ceiling..trust me, its not our neighbours upstair..its just the "family" that we are sharing our house with going about with their daily lives and household chores.. :sport-smiley-018:

My upstairs neighbour has a new 'hobby' over the past two to three weeks. Every day after I come back from work I hear drilling, hammering and other similar noises. Used to go on till 10-10.30 at night, and last weekend it was on till past midnight.

I went up and talked to them today, met the old lady of the house, and she says it's the 4 kids at home creating all that racket. I asked about the drilling, hacking and hammering and she swears "she's not bluffing" and it's all those playful kids. Thinks we are too stupid to make out the sound of drills and hammers!

Seems to me the chap upstairs has either taken up a new part time job doing woodwork (at home) or has invited over some unauthorised contractor to carry out repairs.

Anyway, there's no drilling and hammering today after the talk. Let's see tomorrow. However the elephants upstairs are still jumping around.

Oh BTW, my experiences with getting HDB or the town council to mediate has been worse than useless, and you are better off dealing directly with the elephants. They pretend to listen, offer to come down and talk to the offender but are of no use beyond that.

talking directly with a soft tone to your upstairs neighbor is the best approach if that do not work really is call fei hu tui also no use as this is a civic case and no authority can do anything about it.

my downstairs neighbor also came up to find me ard 2 years ago say my kitchen toilet is leaking water to their toilet ceiling and i thought how can it be after 2 years then leak?anyway i went to their house the next day to see and really got water leakage some more at the toilet bowl area.i'm not sure its my toilet flooring a not but i call my previous contractor.he came and make a appointment.a week later knock all the toilets tiles and put 2 layer of water proofing spent ard 1k.problem solve after that.

talking directly with a soft tone to your upstairs neighbor is the best approach if that do not work really is call fei hu tui also no use as this is a civic case and no authority can do anything about it.

Yeh, am trying that now. But the flats are still owned by HDB and leased to you, so why can't they step in if there is a violation of HDB policy? If they don't do that, why have policy at all?

Anyway, the noises are still here today, at 11.30pm - drilling and hammering. My options are to complain to HDB or to go up every day and nag them till they get sick of me and stop. I don't see why HDB cannot step in here, and that's an option I will investigate after giving the elephants another week... if they don't quieten down by then.

Yeh, am trying that now. But the flats are still owned by HDB and leased to you, so why can't they step in if there is a violation of HDB policy? If they don't do that, why have policy at all?

Anyway, the noises are still here today, at 11.30pm - drilling and hammering. My options are to complain to HDB or to go up every day and nag them till they get sick of me and stop. I don't see why HDB cannot step in here, and that's an option I will investigate after giving the elephants another week... if they don't quieten down by then.

Sepultura, you may wish to complain to the Town council officially in writing first. They would then forward to the relevant authorites (HDB, police) to look into the matter and advise u accordingly.

As for my case, the noise is of a bigger scale and several units have already written in before us to complain. So what the town council did was directly refer us to police and the police also did reply to us that so long the noise is intolerable after office hours, we can contact them and they will monitor the situation. Hmm.. so far, we have not call in the police yet coz the situation has improved abit.. the noise is still there on and off but not like goin on continously for hours and in the late and early hours of the day. Sometimes, we pity that noise-maker family though, their family is already quite messed up but they cannot expect others to live with the noise too.

Sepultura, No point nagging at the noise-makers actually. Contact the authorities, know your rights. Check with your neighbours whether they are affected also and complain together lor, make sure the complaint is recorded officially.

Thank you vin13 for the suggestion, I think I will go and do just that tomorrow.

Sepultura, you may wish to complain to the Town council officially in writing first. They would then forward to the relevant authorites (HDB, police) to look into the matter and advise u accordingly.