Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GiLBs

My Neighbour Have Elephant Pet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sepultura, best of luck to you. hope your upstairs neighbours also stop too. my case, is last time i am staying at my mother's hse, my next door neighbour would start to slam doors, scream and shout in the middle of 2 to 3am! shouting and scolding and beating the son, for coming home late! everybody cannot tahan this mad woman, we called the police. but no use. she did stop for the next few days or so, but after that, it came back again. btw, we are the left hand side neighbour. the right hand side neighbour also did the same thing, but also no use.

I stay in a condo previously (Dad's Hse) and my neighbour directly above me (should be non local) walked in her heels Mon - Fri while preparing for work. I work late and would be zzZ and while she sashays in and ard her hse for a good 30 mins till she left home from work.

Who wears heels in their bed room?? Moreover I do not think her room is carpeted cos I can hear the heels dragging on the parquet floor.

I was soooooo mad daily... till I put a note in our 2 lifts one morning... cos I know she will definitely see it! That works!

The new house I moved in also almost same situation. While my home reno was going on in Apr, I am not sure whether downstairs or upstairs neighbour come and complaint to my contractor workers that the work done is too noisy. But then again, can it be helped? Have official letter from HDB and its done in accordance with the stipulated time where all works must be stop by 6pm.

Now I am staying there and my upstairs neighbour quite noisy above. Running with huge footsteps, dropping stuffs on the floor, then some unidentified noises from their floor. I think its the kids doing as once I went upstairs, saw alot of school shoes outside their home. If this is indeed the neighbour that complaint about noise from my reno previously, I am dumbfounded.

i understand......... my old place also like that........... ONCE the girl was skipping rope ...... she is no small ant. She is a huge little elephant doing her cute exercise. But one nice and gentle trip up to talk to her mom is enough. She never jump rope anymore. Phew!!!!

I think talking to them about the problem helps. But kids will be kids la... they always do funny things, esp when parents are not around. My kids also, loves to stomp their feet, drag their feet... aiyo.... I also tell them to be considerate.

at my old place, the owners had kids and yet they always denied their kids jumping and playing basketball at home. It was really irritating and very irresponsible of the parents. Quarreled with them several times, really make me so mad because I could even see the boy bounding the basketball inside the room when I was arguing with the grandma outside the main door. I even told her that her unit has been invaded with ghosts since they refused to admit. So glad when we eventually moved out.

Guest poetsdesign
Hi..I think my neighbour upstairs is keeping an elephant.

I've been staying in my house for 9 months now... and i think 85-95% of

those days..my neighbour upstairs are very inconsiderate. The way they

walk is like they have an elephant staying with them. It's like you can hear

the "boom..boom..boom" when someone walks. I think they are trying to

let us know where exactly they are on their house.. And not only that...

together with that is they keep moving furnitures or dropping something.

I've tried to tolerate it...as what can we say, this is the kind of housing type

we lived in. But guess what they start to create such noises... it will normally

start around 1030pm.. and will last 3:30am(latest so far..maybe cannot tahan

i already slept).... :furious::furious:

I can tolerate them if from day time til maybe 10pm.. but midnight til very early

morning.. how can people tolerate it?

Anything i can do about this issue? Anyone experience or have same experience

like this? Hope you can share...

You can try to talk with them

Give them explanation with your condition

:thumbs up:

Just to update on this issue. After multiple attempts at talking to the neighbours failed, Went down to the RC to ask for help on "elephant pet" neighbours upstairs. They were not of much use, as they claimed to be just a bunch of volunteers and could not do much... I really can't imagine what they do other than have karaoke sessions down there at the RC. Went and wrote a formal complaint to HDB, met their technical officer and he came over to investigate. The upstairs neighbours were given "advice" and the problem subsided for a while.

After a week or so, they started their noise again. I really can't imagine what they would be doing, making such a racket at 3-4am, every night. Called the HDB office, and spoke to the TO again, he paid them another visit, and the same cycle repeated... silence for a few days, and then back to the midnight noise parties.

When this used to happen late into the night, I'd call the police. This has happened a handful of times, and the last time the officer asked me to chase HDB to follow up and close this issue, otherwise write to the MP to ask for help, but they were not sure how they could help anyway.

So... the choices are:

• Ask RC to help out - no use
  • Ask HDB to step in - some help but the problem is recurring, will need to call HDB every few weeks, this is not sustainable though the tech officer is a very nice and helpful man
  • Keep calling the police each time - this works but is troublesome
  • Go talk to the MP - police and HDB not sure how much they may help
  • I spoke to a lawyer and we could file a lawsuit against them, but this will take time, money and effort, possibly not worth it unless one really loves his house and simply cannot move away

Another problem is loud prayer CD's being played before sunrise, sometimes as early as 5.15-5.30am, waking up the neighbours. Went up again to ask and they appeared very offended at being questioned ... mentioned something about "Subuh" prayer time, not to interfere with their religious faiths.

Can't really imagine when they sleep.... elephants jumping around till 4am, then wake up for prayer at 5.15?

Back where I come from, we have "other" ways of dealing with inconsiderate morons like this, but here in Singapore we approach it differently :bangwall:

Sepultura, best of luck to you. hope your upstairs neighbours also stop too. my case, is last time i am staying at my mother's hse, my next door neighbour would start to slam doors, scream and shout in the middle of 2 to 3am! shouting and scolding and beating the son, for coming home late! everybody cannot tahan this mad woman, we called the police. but no use. she did stop for the next few days or so, but after that, it came back again. btw, we are the left hand side neighbour. the right hand side neighbour also did the same thing, but also no use.
Edited by sepultura

the condo i lived before, used to have tanent couples above my unit, right above my room.

Its all quiet the whole day till late like 11-12 midnight.

guess what, they bang. dunno if the bed is out of integrety or they gone wild. 3 or 4 days in a week, they doon-doon-doon-doon-doon-doon for about 10 min. dunno how to tell them knowing what they do. ha ha...

I give up. HDB, town council, RC and the police are of absolutely no use for a permanent solution. I've been calling them and talking to them so much, they know my number and me by name now! The last time I called the police they asked me to go to HDB and "make them close the issue"... as if :(

The next time they start the noise in the middle of the night, or loud early morning "subuh" prayer CD's, I am going up with a baseball bat. F**!@*#

I have my woes too and mind that I used the s because one comes after the other.

First, I stay relatively low floors and the linkhouse just next to my room is a free for all football area. Teens from all schools came and play everyday and made **** of a noise.

2nd, my neighbour (next block) has a mad dog that barks everyday for at least an hour. I cant believe that a barking dog from next block can reach the other but its true. I am surprised his next door or level neighbours didnt complain.

3rd, like you fellows, I have dinos staying above me. They drag their furniture almost every hour, their kids stomped the walkway and shout loudly along the corridor. And YES, these ppl share a common trait, they LOVED to drill and hammer in wee hours.! I can hear them hammering at 2 am.!

I have always been considerate and yet I have to endured such things. Talked to my neighbour several things and like every dino, they say no lei no lei, untill once, I went up and caught their kids throwing MARABLES on the floor.!!!

My neigbhour has came to my unit to complain that the baby in my house cried loudly at night resulting in their difficulty to sleep. Don't know what to do to help them. I think at that time, the baby had persistent stomach ache and my neighbour is a light sleeper so it was quite difficult to manage their expectations. Anyway, I am glad that I have moved out so that my neighbour can have a peace of mind.

One solution is to move to landed property preferably bungalow so that there will be less risk of disturbing neighbours. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi there, me have been having issues with my noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. They have creating constant noise nuisance early morning and late at night. I have talked to them and it doesn't help.

I have created a dedicate forum for sufferers like myself to share your experiences and lesson learnt. If you have successfully resolved it, hope you can share with us as well. Do share with your friends about the page and hope we can use the portal to highlight to the relevant parties how bad noise nuisances can be and more actions needed to be done. The page is as below: 

Please participate and share with your friends. Let us work together and help create a less noisy and inconsiderate community.