Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

How To Make Red Eggs

How To Make Red Eggs ::: A Chinese Tradition For Celebration Of Newborn 1st Month

20 Eggs

4 Tablespoons Red Dye Powder / Food Colouring

2 tsps vinegar

1. Boil eggs in water with 1 tsp salt. When eggs are hard-boiled, lift them out & drain them.

2. Mix the red dye with 1 cup hot water in a bowl. Blend evenly, add vinegar and mix well. If you want a deeper colour, just add more dye.

3. Dip one egg at a time into the red dye mixture. Roll egg around to obtain an even colour on the shell. Leave eggs to cool & dry.

Recipe Source: http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/redeggs.html

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my MIL did told me dun buy 'new egg'. You can buy the egg and leave it at home to for more than one week to 'age it' before using it to make red egg. if not, ver diff to peel the shell off

my MIL did told me dun buy 'new egg'. You can buy the egg and leave it at home to for more than one week to 'age it' before using it to make red egg. if not, ver diff to peel the shell off

???

mean if the eggs are too fresh, not suitable to make red eggs cos when your guest want to peel off the shell to eat, the shell stick to the hardboiled eggs. So my MIL will buy a tray from market and keep it for at least one week before cooking it.

mean if the eggs are too fresh, not suitable to make red eggs cos when your guest want to peel off the shell to eat, the shell stick to the hardboiled eggs. So my MIL will buy a tray from market and keep it for at least one week before cooking it.

oic hhee. so thoughtful :)

boil the eggs. mix the red coloring powder with a bit of water. dip the boiled eggs into the red coloring water. :unsure:

boil the eggs. mix the red coloring powder with a bit of water. dip the boiled eggs into the red coloring water. :sport-smiley-003:

ya.. juz that simple.. Pls dun add vinegar, I tried it and it break the colour, not pretty smooth surface.