Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

OK guys. I've installed my ceiling fan and here are my comments for those considering the

Fanco FF707 - 54"

• Installation was smooth and no balancing was needed as there was no wobbling at all. Heard from the installation uncle that Fanco fans are pretty stable and usually need no balancing and have no wobbling even after a long time, unlike K*K fans.

• Noise from the fan is minimal even at full speed. U get the usual "wind" noise and a low hum from the fan motor but nothing that is totally loud or disturbing. The only thing that might be a concern is that when u on the fan/light or press the remote, every action gets a loud "beep" which hopefully will not wake your sleeping baby up (fingers crossed cause my baby is on the way!) Don't know if there's any way to turn the beeping off for silent remote operation...

• Wind is good and covers my 11x9ft MBR pretty well. I'm using it as a replacement for aircon and although u don't get the same comfort, the wind is sufficient for a good night's sleep once u get used to it. Only that it can be a bit noisy from outside if u open the window to aid in the ventilation (my unit is on the 2nd floor) but i guess that's part of not using aircon!

• Light from the unit is pretty bright. 2x23w (150w equivalent each) energy-saving Panasonic twisty daylight bulbs are used in the light kit. Not sure if these bulbs come standard with all units or vary from shop to shop. Anyway the frosted glass cover reduces the light a little bit but the remaining light is still very bright and is enough even for reading. I replaced my circular tube ceiling light and i must say that the fan's light is comparable or maybe even brighter than my old light!

• Turning on the fan from the main switch results in a default light on/fan off configuration regardless of the last mode of the fan/light. U then use the remote to turn on the fan and switch off the light after that. Do take note that once u turn off the main switch, it takes about 2-3 secs for it to reset to the default light on/fan off mode.

• The black remote supplied comes with light, Fan High, Medium, Low and 2hr timer in thin horizontal buttons. The text placing is a bit odd (far above the corresponding button) and u end up pressing the wrong button at times but u get used to it once u memorize the button position. I believe the remote uses Radio Frequency (RF) so u can place it any way u like and do not need to point the remote at the fan and it even works 2 rooms away for me! Range wise its great but do check for interference and operating frequency if u have other RF devices (e.g car/gate remotes etc not Infra Red(IR) type which u point at your device like tv remote etc)and this includes other fans (especially if your other fans are from another brand). Not to worry usually all will have different frequencies but its good to check!

Overall satisfied with the Fanco FF707 and hope it gives me years and years of faithful service with no problems!

I'm looking for a ceiling fan installer. I bought my fan already and it has been months left in the storeroom. Electrical point available. Pm me if you have good and cheap contacts. Thanks.

Talking about fans, anybody know the difference between Crestar's Rainlite and Skylite Series? Both have wooden and acrylic blades. Their website is blank under "More Details"...

If you like unique and good fan, look at Alpha fans....however, the price is at the higher side.

can i check is there a price range for a ceiling fan? exclude the lights and remote.

$100-$200 - Low range

$200-$300 - mid range

$300-$400 - high range

Am i correct?

This is a very good/reliable and powerful fan...not the cheapest though. :o

yah.. not sure if i am paying for quality or not.. If the fan is good, i dun mind la..

hey..anyone using KDK A56VS? is it suitable for HDB/Condo? my ceiling is about 10ft i think. can the stem be shortened? cos in the photo on kdk's website it seems quite long. also, are the blades metal? the details on the website are very skimpy. thanks.

Hi,

I think i have this in my cond left by ex owner..looks wobbly to me. Did you buy this model? if yes does it look woobly?

Bro,

I got electrician to installed KDK v60w onto the 2 iron rod attached to the ceiling with false ceiling board covering the iron rod. After installing, the fan is wobbling. Do you know why?

hi did you resolve your wobbly issue? I have the A56VS left by previous owner and it looks wobbly....i tot of changing it as i hv the fear it will drop of..the other ceiling fans i used to have at my house didnt wobbly like this one..